Forum > Bug Reports > Thread

Can’t post on forum

Nov 02, 2023 - edited Nov 02, 2023 - permalink

For some reason I can’t post comments on the forum. Please inform. I know it is contradictory. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to start a new thread, but that worked. When I try to comment on an existing thread nothing happens when I click post comment.

I couldn’t post this without editing my first post.

cgsweat
Nov 02, 2023 - permalink

You're going to need to be more specific. The fact that you were able to start this thread contradicts your claim.

Nov 02, 2023 - permalink

You're going to need to be more specific. The fact that you were able to start this thread contradicts your claim.

No it doesn't.

cgsweat
Nov 02, 2023 - permalink

For context, the original post read:

For some reason I can’t post comments on the forum. Please inform.

This is before the OP edited his comment.

cgsweat
Nov 02, 2023 - permalink

I know it is contradictory. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to start a new thread, but that worked. When I try to comment on an existing thread nothing happens when I click post comment.

You'll need to wait for Chainer's response. There is nothing more I can do but to tell you that no one else has reported as having this problem. For those who are, you might be better off messaging the site staff rather than trying to post a forum comment.

One other consideration is to check that your apps and operating system are up to date.

Nov 03, 2023 - permalink

Are you using Google Chrome on iPhone? I had a similar problem, so I switched to Edge and that solved it.

Chainer
Nov 03, 2023 - permalink

Someone else had a similar problem, using Chrome, and my best guess was that it was a Chrome extension that was interacting weirdly with the site to cause it. We didn't do enough debugging to narrow it down though, and when he started using a different browser that fixed it for him.

That said, I should rework the code that I suspect does this, given that now multiple people have had this problem.

Chainer
Nov 03, 2023 - permalink

Also, I think this only affects replies to a thread, not starting a thread (if it's the same issue).

Nov 03, 2023 - permalink

Test with a new browser.👍

Chainer
Nov 05, 2023 - permalink

I made a change that tries to fix this, can anyone who was getting this problem before with Chrome try replying (using Chrome) to see if it works?

Nov 05, 2023 - permalink

Test from Chrome

Nov 15, 2023 - permalink

I’m also testing from the Chrome app off my iPhone.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »