Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

What’s your advice?

fp909
Nov 30, 2023 - permalink

there are a few normal poeple on here!

i kid, there are quite a few, but in this case i wouldn't ask my immediate circle because i'm sometimes worried that they would do something outside of my speed.

however, regarding a diff girl, same church, i asked a friend to investigate for me since i know she has this (new) girl's number, but so far no response, but at least im a little more open about this.

fp909
Nov 30, 2023 - permalink

I legitimately haven’t seen her since lol I know she’s been around but either I was out or she was. I’m keeping tabs

also kinda to add a lot of people in my church are rather young and still travel long for the holidays, so this isn't surprising to me at all. there's been a few people who have been out of town or sick, and ive been pulling extra freelance work on weekends

[deleted]
Dec 01, 2023 - permalink

You need to just shoot your shot next time buddy. There’s nothing else we can tell you. Embrace rejection. Once women see that you are completely numb to rejection, they will want you

fp909
Dec 01, 2023 - permalink

You need to just shoot your shot next time buddy. There’s nothing else we can tell you. Embrace rejection. Once women see that you are completely numb to rejection, they will want you

i feel you. i freeze in pretty public situations, old habits die hard.

the reason why im not diving into apps is because this is a particular hurdle i have to get over, so i have to just do it.

Dec 01, 2023 - permalink

Well at least with online dating and stuff you can message them and they can't see your fear of them! If they reply great reply back to them. IRL you might freeze but at home on the internet you can take the time to message them back. I am basically in your shoes but not really talking to any females IRL at the moment. Also umemployed at the moment too.

fp909
Dec 03, 2023 - permalink

Well yall get an update today!

To those that said it, you were right, she’s dating someone so a lot longer than I’ve been waiting around. Maybe not by much, but enough to be “dating”. No, but flattered so that’s nice I guess lol

I did strike out on another girl (I’m assuming) that I asked someone to run interference for—she never responded. Saw her today and she left service with a friend so fast I didn’t notice. Turns out she has the gunshow. A shame lmao but at least I did something.

Dec 04, 2023 - permalink

Good for you, fp, to take action, even if it was unsuccessful. Just keep trying, and don't let the threat of rejection paralyze you. Keep in mind, too, that meeting a girl in church gives you a better chance of developing a lasting relationship than meeting someone in, say, a bar because you've both already have a common interest.

Finally, remember the key rule of dating is the same as the lottery: You can't win if you don't play the game.

Dec 12, 2023 - edited Dec 12, 2023 - permalink

She's either into you or she isn't. You're not going to come up with the perfect thing to say that charms her, especially when you're getting this nervous about it. Just be direct and ask her out.

Long term, regardless of what happens with her, you need to work on your confidence. Beating yourself up because you didn't say the perfect thing is a telltale sign that you lack confidence in yourself. Perfectionism and imposter syndrome often go hand in hand. All else being equal, confidence is the biggest force multiplier that a guy has.

Confidence only marginally raises a man’s odds of not being called a creep for glancing more than two seconds at a sexy, beautiful girl at the gym (or anywhere else for that matter).

Because in the end, a man either has that thing which drives the ladies wild.

Or he’s coping ^_^

Dec 12, 2023 - permalink

Good on you for taking a shot OP! Even though it didn't work out for you, at least you know and you don't have to wonder "what if?".

I think a lot of us over-analyze the process of getting someone interested in us and asking them out, but the reality I think is that it's a lot more simpler and easier than a lot of guys realize. You don't need an elaborate strategy or timing. It can be something as simple as "hey, want to grab a drink sometime?" Despite what some people like to claim, confidence does go a long way. If you present yourself in a way that shows you're comfortable with who you are, along with being friendly and open with your invitation to do something outside of church, you stand the best chance possible.

And that's really it. If they're interested in you, they're going to make themselves available without vague comments like "I'll have to see/play it by ear."

Dec 12, 2023 - permalink

Well yall get an update today!

To those that said it, you were right, she’s dating someone so a lot longer than I’ve been waiting around. Maybe not by much, but enough to be “dating”. No, but flattered so that’s nice I guess lol

I did strike out on another girl (I’m assuming) that I asked someone to run interference for—she never responded. Saw her today and she left service with a friend so fast I didn’t notice. Turns out she has the gunshow. A shame lmao but at least I did something.

Great job man. It's better to take the shot than live with the "what if". Keep looking, you've got momentum built now.

The apps are awful.

Dec 14, 2023 - edited Dec 18, 2023 - permalink

Good on you for taking a shot OP! Even though it didn't work out for you, at least you know and you don't have to wonder "what if?".

Alright.

I think a lot of us over-analyze the process of getting someone interested in us and asking them out, but the reality I think is that it's a lot more simpler and easier than a lot of guys realize.

False accusations of harrassment and creepitude are pretty simple, too. Much simpler than a lot of guys realize.

You don't need an elaborate strategy or timing. It can be something as simple as "hey, want to grab a drink sometime?"

A woman doesn't need an elaborate strategy to raise a false alarm against a man, either. All she needs is a man to gaze her general direction for one second too long for her liking and, up comes the smartphone and on come the loud verbal attacks and the Internet tar-and-feathering. And, if there are other men in the vicinity ready to fight on her behalf (regardless of the facts), a very real possibility of her target's head meeting his ass for the very first time.

Despite what some people like to claim, confidence does go a long way. If you present yourself in a way that shows you're comfortable with who you are, along with being friendly and open with your invitation to do something outside of church, you stand the best chance possible.

It goes a long way but, not as long as you may think. All a lady needs is a bad day and if you catch her at the wrong time, your beloved confidence ain't gonna do jack to protect you from what's comin'.

And that's really it. If they're interested in you, they're going to make themselves available without vague comments like "I'll have to see/play it by ear."

Are you kidding? Do you have any idea how common it is for women who ARE interested to play games with the men they desire? To feign anger and disgust and accuse him of being a pervert? Only the most gifted among gifted men possess the clairvoyance required to navigate this psychological minefield.

« first < prev Page 2 of 2 next > last »