Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Should i attend Olympia as a normal guy?

Oct 15, 2023 - permalink

Hey guys , Like the title say , i'm a normal guy who have zero interest in a male bodybuilding . I'm very want to attend this event naturally for a real life encounter and if it's possibld to make contact and take pictures with the girl.. I'm afraid that some of the girls percept my appearence as a normal guy in a bodybuilding show as a creepy or disturbing so it's one of the reason why i don't go gor it.

Does anyone have experience with it?

Oct 15, 2023 - permalink

You're worried that a bunch of women who are juiced to the gills with male hormones will find you, a "normal guy" creepy or disturbing?

My brother in Christ, just go and enjoy yourself. The fuck kind of question is this?

Oct 15, 2023 - permalink

Well, if you already paid for tickets, it would be reasonable that you attend it...

My guess is... You won't be much noticed in the crowd which I suspect will be huge. Don't worry much about this, walk your way through the expo as I'd do when in a mall. From my (limited) experience with contests and expos, they attract a very wide audience that includes your run of the mill family with kids, guys with beer abs and ladies with a bit of cellulite, so no different than your usual public places encounters. Except with a bevy of muscle people around.

I would suggest, actually, that when you sit through a prejudging or routine round to talk to the normies around you, it can lead to more interesting discussions than just complimenting a FBB on her biceps at her booth. You'll find out that you're not the only one who appreciates FBBs and may be less shy to talk about. Talking from my personal experience, I was surprised by the number of young, normal-looking ladies attending female shows on their owns. Trust me, as long as you don't act foolish with them, you're more than welcome to keep company with them.

Oct 16, 2023 - permalink

Just go dude. I'm an introvert and I will be attending the Olympia. There will be many regular type of people there, so don't worry too much about what anybody else will think.

Oct 16, 2023 - permalink

Get inspiration from Cassidy Campbell’s (mostly deleted) videos of him visiting bodybuilding expos. Haha

Oct 16, 2023 - permalink

Hey guys , Like the title say , i'm a normal guy who have zero interest in a male bodybuilding . I'm very want to attend this event naturally for a real life encounter and if it's possibld to make contact and take pictures with the girl.. I'm afraid that some of the girls percept my appearence as a normal guy in a bodybuilding show as a creepy or disturbing so it's one of the reason why i don't go gor it.

MannySanchez nailed it: most people won't notice you at all. I'm sure you're a nice person and all, but you'll be just another nameless face in a crowd of people. No one but you will even remember you were there.

I hope you enjoy yourself.

Oct 16, 2023 - permalink

We've been to many competitions, including the Olympia. There are as many non-lifters there as there are lifters (a lot of family members). It's a very chill vibe and nobody is going to judge you. Just go, you'll have fun.

[deleted]
Oct 16, 2023 - permalink

You should go. No one there is going to judge you. In fact they will be so thankful for you to support that you are showing.

Oct 16, 2023 - permalink

Hey guys , Like the title say , i'm a normal guy who have zero interest in a male bodybuilding . I'm very want to attend this event naturally for a real life encounter and if it's possibld to make contact and take pictures with the girl. I'm afraid that some of the girls percept my appearence as a normal guy in a bodybuilding show as a creepy or disturbing so it's one of the reason why i don't go gor it.

I definitely think you should go, but you should probably keep your expectations in check along with your motivations for going.

If you're going to enjoy the environment and the competition, then definitely go! I've been a few times and it's always a lot of fun to people watch, attend the expo and chat with people (read, not just female competitors and muscular competitors, but random men and women.)

That being said, if your only reason for going is to potentially to "meet" a muscular woman, then again, you should definitely tempter your expectations. It may be possible that you won't be able to find a muscular woman who wants to chat with you and that is ok. It's kind of like when I see posts from guys who want to go to a club in order to meet/hook up with women. Your motivation for the club should be to have a good time and enjoy the music, and if you happen to meet a woman there, it's an added bonus.

But yeah, nobody will look at you weird just because you're not a bodybuilder yourself.

Oct 16, 2023 - permalink

Just go and be respectful! Maybe you will get the motivation to lift too

Oct 16, 2023 - permalink

Yeah as long as you're not drooling on the girls or trying to cop a feel you'll be fine. Hell if you can do that you're probably a cut above the average schmoe who goes to these things

Oct 16, 2023 - edited Oct 16, 2023 - permalink

The expo is where the fun is! You can meet a lot of competitors at the various booths, especially Wings of Strength, just remember to be respectful. Also, make sure to charge your phone beforehand because most women are happy to take pictures with fans as long as you ask politely!

Oct 16, 2023 - permalink

I don't understand this either. Just go, have fun, be nice, no obvious creeping and enjoy.

Oct 16, 2023 - permalink

Yeah as long as you're not drooling on the girls or trying to cop a feel you'll be fine. Hell if you can do that you're probably a cut above the average schmoe who goes to these things

This is so important. I have been to shows and expos where I have seen schmoes who are, well, clearly schmoeing towards the women who are there and it's equal parts cringey and unintentionally hilarious.

A lot of muscular woman, especially competitors, are unfortunately aware of the guys who come to shows and expos to do that. However, that is pretty lucky for you, because that means the bar is set practically on the floor. If you interact with them and don't act like a schmoe, chances are you'll get a pretty positive reception!

Oct 16, 2023 - permalink

This is so important. I have been to shows and expos where I have seen schmoes who are, well, clearly schmoeing towards the women who are there and it's equal parts cringey and unintentionally hilarious.

A lot of muscular woman, especially competitors, are unfortunately aware of the guys who come to shows and expos to do that. However, that is pretty lucky for you, because that means the bar is set practically on the floor. If you interact with them and don't act like a schmoe, chances are you'll get a pretty positive reception!

Exactly. I've trained a couple of time with some very fit girls although not fbb's and told them some subtle compliments after the class. One of them almost blushed

Oct 17, 2023 - permalink

Yeah as long as you're not drooling on the girls or trying to cop a feel you'll be fine.

Good advice.

Oct 17, 2023 - permalink

You should 100% go. I would recommend going to the Olympia and the Arnold to anyone here.

This is going to be one of the few times that you'll see muscular women all around you.

Provided that the girl is a competitor or an influencer or a "celeb," you can 100% stop to compliment her and ask for a photo. They expect to do that. It's their time to shine and be appreciated in a safe and supportive space.

You're going to be in total alignment, you should absolutely go! And just two quick points:

1) The event is huge and all sorts of people go. Only a small percentage of the attendees are bodybuilders. Most people are "normal." You won't stand out one bit.

2) Pretty much any muscular woman with a sizable social following and/or public profile will be happy to pose with you. But a random like 19yo girl who's unknown and into crossfit might find it creepy. If you see any woman who's famous on this site (and you WILL see them), then I'd be surprised if they're not gracious and friendly when you speak to them.

Oct 17, 2023 - permalink

3) No gropy.

Oct 17, 2023 - permalink

3) No gropy.

I came in here to say this.

Oct 24, 2023 - permalink

Ravioli ravioli don't grope the muscle mommy

Oct 24, 2023 - permalink

Here's what you do. Go, dress nice..I DON'T mean a suit & tie unless that's your thing..nice jeans, decent shirt, be clean (don't laugh, some dudes go in looking like shit) and just be cool. Of course you can look, we all look..don't stare. You see a female bb you like, look for a few seconds, don't stare, don't creep them out. Same for the men if that's your thing. They get stared at and oogled over all the freaking time, you dig? You can ask for a selfie if you're feeling confident, many of them are happy to oblige. Go have fun, take pics where and when you can.

Oct 24, 2023 - permalink

Are you talking about going to the competitions, the expo, or both? I've gone to the Olympia expo a handful of times, but not the competitions (held at a different location). The expo was chill. Tons of people, and a total cross-section of society. As others have said, just be normal and respectful.

Oct 24, 2023 - permalink

You should go. No one there is going to judge you. In fact they will be so thankful for you to support that you are showing.

Ya the judging only happens if you happen to be on stage.

Oct 25, 2023 - edited Oct 25, 2023 - permalink

Hi Niron. Could you explain what exactly you mean by "Normal Guy"? Do you actually go about, meeting people, and labelling some 'normal guy' or 'normal gal' or 'abnormal guy' or 'abnormal gal'? Must be difficult living that way. Please also explain your criteria.

Oct 25, 2023 - permalink

Perhaps it would be more fun to go as an "abnormal" guy. ;)

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »