Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Do you guy's know of any good programs that get rid of duplicates?

Oct 07, 2023 - permalink

I need something bc I downloaded a bunch of onlyf@ns and I swear I have doubles but they are slightly different and it doesn't detect them.

Oct 07, 2023 - permalink

I need something bc I downloaded a bunch of onlyf@ns and I swear I have doubles but they are slightly different and it doesn't detect them.

You can try searching files ending with: (1)

Oct 07, 2023 - permalink

You can try searching files ending with: (1)

Nah bro they have the crazy letters and numbers with _source but they'll be the same but lettered diff or have a slight difference in length

Oct 07, 2023 - permalink

For Mac: McPaw's Gemini 2 is a good option. For Windows: Auslogics Duplicate File Finder has some reputation, but I have no experience with it.

cgsweat
Oct 07, 2023 - permalink

I use one for Windows called "Similar Images"

It doesn't just find exact duplicates, but also images that are similar enough based on a threshold that you can modify. This means that it can also find images that are technically duplicates, even if they're not exactly the same. There can be false positives, but the program does ask you what you would like to do with each set of similar images that it finds. There are also several different search options as well, as far as which directories you'd like for it to search through.

Oct 07, 2023 - permalink
Oct 07, 2023 - permalink

You can get a long way with "manually" sorting by duration and deleting the ones with lower bitrate.

Oct 07, 2023 - permalink

Please also share recommendations that include Linux.

Basically, mention which Operating Systems (OSes) your program recommendations work on, not just which OS you use personally.

Oct 07, 2023 - permalink

Please also share recommendations that include Linux.

Basically, mention which Operating Systems (OSes) your program recommendations work on, not just which OS you use personally.

Did you look at my link? DupeGuru is multi OS , including Linux.

Oct 07, 2023 - permalink

You can get a long way with "manually" sorting by duration and deleting the ones with lower bitrate.

OS WINDOWS. I also use this: sort by length in file explorer, when sorted this way same/similar thumbnails are together and then I delete smaller files.

sometimes I use AllDupPortable, good program.

Oct 07, 2023 - permalink

PP1000:

Did you look at my link? DupeGuru is multi OS , including Linux.

Thanks.

I hadn't. I was going to return to this thread later to look.

It was a general request. It's easy to think everyone uses the same OS as you.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »