Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Lines for girls in the gym

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

Hi GWM community,

There is a new girl at my gym. She is a bit muscular than normal fit chicks. We have exchanged glances before but never talked. Last week when I was leaving, she was hanging out at the reception. I approached her, introduced myself, she introduced herself. I wanted to complement her without sounding like a pervert or a schmoe and the thing that came out of my mouth was

"You've got a fit body"

Her reaction was kinda meh , small thanks and then she walked away. I don't know what she thought of that line. Should I have said directly that I like her abs or arms or thighs etc.

This got me thinking what are some good lines to compliment women in the gym. Please give me suggestions when I next approach a gwm in the gym.

Note that I didn't write pickup lines as I am not looking for a girl friend.

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

It's almost never about what you say - it's your vibe, body language and confidence instead. Keep talking to them. Life is just a numbers game.

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

It's almost never about what you say - it's your vibe, body language and confidence instead. Keep talking to them. Life is just a numbers game.

This

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

Im not pick up master but if I were to make a comment to a gal about her physique in the gym, I would do so about a nobody part hardly anyone would ever mention, and in a way that isn't a come on, you're calves look great, your back has great definition.

Everyone and their dog is at the gym trying to pick up a chick, if you're gonna do it, don't be "THAT GUY" she has already heard dozens of poor form sh*t in an attempt to pick her up.

Make small talk here and there, feel out if your friend zoned or if she shows interest. only every few chats mention something at all that could be a compliment, and use stuff another gym rat would be interested in, diet, training etc, say something like you're diet must be really dialed in (suggesting she looks fit and awesome)

If you get friend zoned, who cares, I am sure she has other friends like her, and if you become a good friend you now have a larger field to potentially pick from

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

She probably just doesn't think you are attractive. or is not interested in a relationship right now. or maybe she even has a boyfriend. I don't have much experience but I wouldn't even dare to say what you said to her. I think I would just asked her about her training regime or diet and find out if she has other hobbies in common with you.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »