Forum > Bug Reports > Thread

Can't correct Capitalization of name tags

Sep 23, 2023 - permalink

Example:

Patricia Anne Stratigeas-Fisico (trish Stratus) https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/?name=...

I discovered I couldn't correct the lower case T from "trish" to "Trish".

This occurs with any name tag. Case can't be corrected.

Not sure when this bug was introduced. In the past, I've been able to correct the case in name tags.

Chainer
Sep 23, 2023 - permalink

I was able to correct it just now...

When you say you couldn't do it, what do you mean? What happened?

Chainer
Sep 23, 2023 - permalink

Also, was this under an individual image, or on the thumbnail gallery that you linked to?

Sep 24, 2023 - edited Sep 24, 2023 - permalink

It was an individual image. I hadn't even noticed the rename feature on the gallery (tsk).

I was able to select edit name in more than one individual image. I tried correcting the case and clicked 'save'. When it returned to normal view mode of the name, the change hadn't occurred.

I tried this with a few other individual images of other models as well and got the same result. I don't recall the other names I tried to fix.

--

Another issue I noticed. I considered renaming "Vicky Pratt" to "Victoria Pratt". Not only is Victoria her formal name, but it's what she goes by both personally and professionally. Anyhow, not realizing at the time that I could change everything from the thumbnail gallery in a single operation, I went to start with the last image and discovered her name was locked and not able to be edited. The issue here, is that her name was only locked for that particular image.

I didn't check the status of every image in her gallery, but it appears most, if not all are unlocked, making the last image a fluke.

I'm guessing that's not supposed to happen on a per image basis.

This is the locked image in question:

Chainer
Sep 24, 2023 - permalink

This is working as intended, even if it may be a little unintuitive. The site does not consider capitalization when you enter a model name under a picture, it just uses what is already stored for that model. To update the capitalization you have to change the model name itself on the thumbnail index page.

Same thing for Vicky Pratt, you have to change the name on the index page. This also ensures that all the subscriptions get moved over, and it will even change it for locked images. If you went image by image to make the change, in the end you would end up with a new, separate model named Victoria Pratt, who has none of the subscriptions of Vicky Pratt.

I went ahead and made the change.

Sep 24, 2023 - edited Sep 24, 2023 - permalink

Now I know. Thank you for the explanation.

Unfortunately, that means I messed up.

I changed all the individual image name tags on another model not realizing the distinctions you explained of how the site operates. I think it kept the subscriptions intact, but now I'm second guessing if all subscriptions remained and if anything else was impacted.

Model Stacey Lynn Boetto had been on the site as "Stacey Lynn". Her full name is Stacey Lynn Boetto, and it's what she goes by.

Once upon a time, Robert Kennedy of Muscle Mag International who was instrumental in launching her modeling career dropped Boetto making her stage name Stacey Lynn. But even in the gallery, she has magazine scans which alternate between calling her Stacey Lynn, and Stacey Boetto.

Stacey Lynn Boetto is correct.

Also, I know you get asked this ad nauseum, but one of the uploads for her was recently deleted. I'm unsure why:

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »