Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

When does your window close?

fp909
Sep 22, 2023 - permalink

Recently I've mentioned in my comments about "windows" for female bodybuilders. Sometimes this is self imposed (someone who I think has wonderful pecs gets implants, for example), other times it's out of my hands (someone quits, stops making content but still competes, health reasons, or professional pivots).

Putting a general question out there--in terms of your fandom, when does someone's window close for you?

Sep 22, 2023 - permalink

It's hard for a fbb to not be attractive. only rare cases like when they shave their heads bald .or when they are very old I mean 70+ years old. not like regular women who lose attractiveness at age 40. But even then I still enjoy their old stuff. I still discover old pics and clips of retired fbbs from ages ago that I have never seen before.

Sep 22, 2023 - edited Sep 22, 2023 - permalink

When they stop working out completely it's not even because they don't work out anymore it's because they usually become a completely different human being, I have nothing in common with house wives/moms who make their families their entire lives.

cgsweat
Sep 22, 2023 - permalink

For me there are 2 different windows. Through 1 window I only look at her as a hot chick. That's it. So of course that window closes when I am no longer attracted to her. It's a purely physical attraction.

The other window is personal, which usually opens after I've been following them for a long time. Sometimes their daily grind can become an inspiration. Sometimes I get sucked into their personal lives just because they're so open about it on social media. I guess that window closes once they go on hiatus.

Sep 22, 2023 - edited Sep 22, 2023 - permalink

Tattoos right on the biceps pretty much kills it for me. When girls just go too far with the PEDs and take on masculine facial features, bad skin, deep voices etc. that kills my desire for them too. And I won't lie, I prefer them younger. Much over 40 and I really start to lose interest unless they are one of the rare few who didn't get too much sun and turn into a wrinkled piece of beef jerky.

In a nutshell: Healthy, glowing 20s-30s, nice moist skin, not dried out and dieted to 0.5% bodyfat, without fake tan and without the fucking tattoos---That's what drives me wild.

Give me someone like Vladislava Galagan, Julia Vins or Dylan Crenshaw all day, every day.

There's just something about the "fresh-faced girl next door that is strong enough to crush you into unconsciousness" type that really does it for me. All the rest? I can take 'em or leave 'em really.

Sep 22, 2023 - permalink

I am probably in the minority when it comes to this, but I tend to move on when they start acting...weird, for lack of a better word, on social media.

One example is Stefi Cohen. I used to really like her a few years ago, and when she started to transition away from powerlifting and started downsizing, I still followed her, but then she started to act a bit strange with a "not like the other girls" attitude and was acting pretty combative and was looking down on a lot of other people and influencers.

There was another bodybuilder whose name I forgot that I used to follow, but when the Kabul airport in Afghanistan got bombed resulting in the deaths of over a hundred civilians and 13 U.S. soldiers, she used that opportunity to post a picture of her either on a bikini or a boat wearing an American flag-patterned bikini captioned with a "sympathy" post referencing the bombing. I found it to be in extremely poor taste to use a tragedy as an excuse to post a thirst trap. Dani Speegle also did something similar with the Maui fires, but she deleted that pretty quickly.

I get it, though, that we don't follow these women for their personalities, but for me I at least want to know that the athletes I follow aren't complete and total jerkoffs lol.

cgsweat
Sep 22, 2023 - permalink

Yeah those types are complete turnoffs for me. I try not to dig into their politics or personalities, but sometimes they're so upfront with it that it can't be avoided.

Sep 22, 2023 - permalink

When they become more of an influencer or OnlyFans model than a bodybuilder.

Cassandra Martin and Kiera Aston come to mind.

fp909
Sep 22, 2023 - permalink

I am probably in the minority when it comes to this, but I tend to move on when they start acting...weird, for lack of a better word, on social media.

One example is Stefi Cohen...

Yeah this one seemed really out of left field for me. I think it was spurred in part by a bad breakup. But I agree. The "weird" varies. Sometimes it's that kind of behavior, or they get really into crystals or astrology and it becomes their personality overnight.

I always thought Cass just wasn't prepared for that kind of attention. Its different for someone like DLB where you have a very public sport (or even Slava or Natasha Aughey, who grew more popular later in the social media age and had some kind of roadmap on what could happen). Cass didn't have that, exploded, and went full influencer.

I'll tack on the tattoos thing, though "where" is a factor.

Sep 22, 2023 - permalink

Yeah this one seemed really out of left field for me. I think it was spurred in part by a bad breakup. But I agree. The "weird" varies. Sometimes it's that kind of behavior, or they get really into crystals or astrology and it becomes their personality overnight.

I always thought Cass just wasn't prepared for that kind of attention. Its different for someone like DLB where you have a very public sport (or even Slava or Natasha Aughey, who grew more popular later in the social media age and had some kind of roadmap on what could happen). Cass didn't have that, exploded, and went full influencer.

I'll tack on the tattoos thing, though "where" is a factor.

It could be, but again, what really turned me off on her was how she started to look down on other people, ESPECIALLY on people who have Onlyfans or sell fetish work. If being an OF model or selling fetish work isn't for someone, then it's not big deal. But she basically said that her not doing OF made her better than the women who were and that she had better morals than them.

That alone is a pretty shitty attitude, but the irony in her saying that is that she was CONSTANTLY posting thirst traps that are clearly geared towards men like us. Like, don't talk shit about women who have OF or sell fetish work when you are basically also using your body to have thirsty men give you clicks and likes lol.

Sep 23, 2023 - permalink

The few examples I can recall when the "window closed" for me was when the woman became "one of the bunch", as in, when she lost what set her aside from the other competitors.

Ironically, it usually meant she developed and put more muscle to stand against the pros.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »