Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Enough with the Slava slander šŸ˜”

Sep 20, 2023 - edited Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

> 1) I don't think Vladislava is overrated, but I do think her time in the spotlight will come and go pretty quick. There are new faces popping up everyday (especially from her part of the world) and, like Cindy Landolt, She may be a bit of a flash in the pan.

I will say about slava:

• she started a training site which when is when msot women pivot and change gears

• her OF is only ok for muscle fans.

• sheā€™s releasing this photo book thing that still seems like a miss for me.

So my prediction is that she will stick around Mainstream longer, and still have a contingent of muscle fans but not nearly as much as before. Sheā€™s just not dominating that space like she was a year or two ago and casts too wide a net, so we get left in the dust. Like it shouldnā€™t be hard to get one decent topless video a month but instead thereā€™s a lot of ass shots and feet.

You are a Gold Star user on this site and you wanna be unreasonable like that?? C'mon, man.

I know a lot of the previous content has been removed/deleted from the main OF now, but Slava has been practically giving away ace content for a long time. Even on the free OF, I'm very happy with the quality of what she actually gives away.

It's smart for anyone to recognize the life cycle of a likely short career and to leverage their present earning power to set up their next play. You like what you like, you want what you want - as do we all - but you're not a kid. Serious fans should absolutely support and even encourage moves like hers, because it's gaslighting to play the "we get left in the dust" card when she's tirelessly given so much for a very extended period. And also, I bet there's hundreds of girls out there who wanna "Be Like Vladi" (Slava?) and 1 or 2 of them might just become great someday, perhaps surpassing their mentor. Just floating it out there, of course, but her level of success is inspirational and demonstrates that a musclegirl doesn't need to be an elite stage competitor to effectively monetize her physique. People not even connected to the fan community are into Slava. She pops up on the feeds of random acquaintances and they're like "Do you know this girl? She's awesome!"

Yes, I am a hardcore fan, a "Slava stan", if you will. But in her case, the numbers don't lie. I've been a fan of female muscle for over 40 years and I've never seen anything like this phenomenon. Is she the Michael Jordan of this industry? I might not go that far and don't mean to disrespect her or MJ, but she's definitely on that Steph Curry level with respect to changing the game. Will others be able to mimic her success? That's hard to say, but I'm banking on many others setting their sights on her level (in a general sense) as the standard they would someday like to attain.

If you guys truly think we're in the twilight of the Slava Era, who got next??

Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

The thread was called unpopular opinions for a good reason lol. It's hard to be critical of fbbs unless they are doing really evil things. fbbs work extremely hard and look amazing. I have great respect for almost all fbbs apart from maybe jeessiiccaa and other rare cases.

Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

I think she's making the right moves. No one can do OF forever, so it's smart to have a transition ready. Plus, who wouldn't want to build succesful businesses outside of fetish? But I don't know if I can go as far as equating OF popularity to changing the game.

Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

What's up with you taking quotes from threads and creating new topics with no context, and we don't know who you're talking to. Why not just keep the conversation in the thread you got this from?

Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

This site is just absolutely jam packed with extremely weird people.

Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

She will last what she will last . Nothing is for ever

Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

Time to go outside and get some fresh air, OP. What a bizarre post.

Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

What's up with you taking quotes from threads and creating new topics with no context, and we don't know who you're talking to. Why not just keep the conversation in the thread you got this from?

I haven't learned how to include the name in quote-texts, but I suppose maybe people are doing that manually? That said, it's an organizational nightmare when threads get off-topic because a few of us want to go deep on a specific sub-topic. By the numbers, Slava's the most popular model on the site, so it stands to reason there would be several forum threads about her alone (just an opinion on my part, but it does make sense). Plus, I wanted to highlight that we've never seen anything like this before.

The thread I carved this topic from was very general. Guys who want to keep going with that can do so without having to read my "Slava don't get no respect!" gripes.

Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

She will last what she will last . Nothing is for ever

Facts. There is no crystal ball. Appreciate greatness while it lasts. There's a lot of potential value for someone who elects to adopt some elements of her commercial formula for themselves. That's in no way any sort of guarantee that what she does - apart from being a hard-working content creator - could work for anyone else in nearly the way it does for her. The blueprint is available, but not all construction materials are created equally.

I'm happy to see people having the kind of success that could not have existed in previous eras. Relative to the topic and to GWM, that sentiment is heightened by the oft-expressed lament of female bodybuilders for decades: "I love bodybuilding, but I cannot make any money from it."

Sep 20, 2023 - edited Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

I called out a guy on here once for spamming fake nudes and he snapped on me as though I were in the wrong, he was trying to sell them as well when they're publicly available for anyone to see.. Between guys like this and OP it's getting harder and harder for me to post here in the forums, these types of people are unhinged.

Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

I called out a guy once for spamming fake nudes on here once and he snapped on me as though I were in the wrong, he was trying to sell them as well.. Between guys like this and OP it's getting harder and harder for me to post here in the forums, these types of people are unhinged.

The combination of sexual fetishism and extreme nerdery is a heady mixture, to be sure. Just look at the pretty pictures, youā€™ll be fine.

Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

Like they say, there are just no pleasing people these days

Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

Slava,,When you see a fork in the road,,take it

Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

Sheā€™s not hurting anybody, while doing pretty well for herself.

If for whatever reason you ā€œdonā€™t likeā€ her, or donā€™t want to see her, etc., then just move along. Itā€™s really not that complicated.

TrĆ©: I appreciate your calling this out. Although this site has profiles, they are more or less user accounts. I think many folks expect a completely curated social media experience, where a background algorithm only presents content that they personally like and enjoy. That doesnā€™t exactly happen here. You might see or read things here that donā€™t completely fit with what you like and enjoy. Thatā€™s more or less how real life is. Thereā€™s no need to take personal offense.

Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

She's doing great and seems very nice

Sep 21, 2023 - edited Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

I am jumping on the Slava is overratted train myself.

I can see why she is mainstream popular having an extra tall bodybuilder body but also model looks face and hair.And her voice is just enough masculine. This is what social media reward with clicks and views, the antithesis, the freak. But for our FBB community she is nothing exceptional. Body wise dozens other girls are better.

I am glad she is doing good and found the recipe to make bank. Looks like a smart person but she is nowhere close to muscle girl hall of fame.

To the people who believe that she will make the sport popular to women, don't hold your breath.

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

Simps

mrt
Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

But for our FBB community she is nothing exceptional. Body wise dozens other girls are better.

Sure...

She is just the top rated model on GWM: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/modell...

She has the top score post of all time, and 2 more on the top 20: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/?order...

90% or her posts go to the High Score Today

I think this community agrees on how exceptional she is.

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

Sheā€™s not hurting anybody, while doing pretty well for herself.

If for whatever reason you ā€œdonā€™t likeā€ her, or donā€™t want to see her, etc., then just move along. Itā€™s really not that complicated.

TrĆ©: I appreciate your calling this out. Although this site has profiles, they are more or less user accounts. I think many folks expect a completely curated social media experience, where a background algorithm only presents content that they personally like and enjoy. That doesnā€™t exactly happen here. You might see or read things here that donā€™t completely fit with what you like and enjoy. Thatā€™s more or less how real life is. Thereā€™s no need to take personal offense.

My man. šŸ»

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

I am jumping on the Slava is overrated train myself.

I can see why she is mainstream popular having an extra tall bodybuilder body but also model looks face and hair.And her voice is just enough masculine. This is what social media reward with clicks and views, the antithesis, the freak. But for our FBB community she is nothing exceptional. Body wise dozens other girls are better.

I am glad she is doing good and found the recipe to make bank. Looks like a smart person but she is nowhere close to muscle girl hall of fame.

To the people who believe that she will make the sport popular to women, don't hold your breath.

When this book was published, it made the NY Times Bestseller list. I cannot tell you how many copies it sold, but in the 1980s, it was everywhere (speaking U.S.). I grew up in a shit-small town in the American South - population same today as it was 40 years ago - and there were multiple copies in households around town. The local library had a copy. Articles were published about the new "fitness craze". There were stories not only of women getting fit, but also of gyms being the new "singles bars". Daytime TV was talking fitness. As cable TV swept the nation, work-along-with-me fitness shows popped up all the time. You can argue that one woman alone was not responsible for all that, but you can't argue she gets ZERO credit for it. Even if no one really mentions her today, Rachel was an icon.

After Rachel came Cory. She wasn't ultra mommy-mainstream like Rachel, but she had broad appeal among that next tier up (I'm talking muscle here), because she had undeniable muscle and was still very "feminine".

Then there was Lenda. Now we're talking a couple levels up in a muscle sense and focusing more on the women who are competing. Now Lenda's beautiful and very muscular (still today!), but whereas every competitor wanted those lines and while many men in the culture found her very attractive, she wasn't a PTA princess or anything like that. Soccer moms wanted to get in shape and develop muscle, but were quite fond of letting anyone (who asked) know "I don't wanna get too big".

I wish I was qualified to speak more about the business side relative to Davana Medina's reign at the top of competitive figure. IFBB Figure was new and she was a defining force, appropriately so. I cannot speak to what was happening in the broader culture anecdotally, but I DO know that competitive figure divisions were getting so full that the NPC had to keep adding height divisions to make the classes manageable.

After Davana came the lovely Jenny Lynn (RIP), Erin Stern, and then the dominating Nicole Wilkins. Jeff Binns did a fan shoot of a VERY early Nicole Wilkins, but everything else of all 4 women was geared to mainstream markets. You can see the products they sold and all women enjoyed tremendous staying power.

Dana Linn Bailey ushered in a new era when the Physique division was created and she had the goods. She also had the following, having come of age as social media was rising. People followed DLB and wore her brand everywhere and they're still shopping her merchandise today, years after her last competition.

All those women listed above played a part in growing the whole pie. And now Slava is here doing the thing without the competition element but WITH the muscle fan-centric element the others (Julianna excepted!!) did not really have. The world is very different than the other women shone in and maybe the Slava Era doesn't happen if she's reliant on print magazines and VHS tapes, but the old days are gone and by every objective measure, she is reaching and influencing people and we've never seen anything like this before among women who truly enjoy flexing for their fans.

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

Sure...

She is just the top rated model on GWM: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/modell...

She has the top score post of all time, and 2 more on the top 20: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/?order...

90% or her posts go to the High Score Today

I think this community agrees on how exceptional she is.

That's like saying Taylor Swift is the best musician because she's the most popular artist right now. The only thing that means is she has broad appeal. And for FBBs to have broad appeal they have to limit their muscularity, at least to some degree.

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

tre_sayer you wrote a nice synopsis of womens BB, but this history is irrelevant to Vladislava.

All women you mentioned were the top athletes of their era, respected by their peers and enjoyed somewhat mainstream appeal. Although after Rachel and Cory, things went downhill. What this has to do with Vladislava I don't know.

Many other women of fitness have also big social presence like Slava, she has broken no new grounds in any way plus she is a sex worker and an internet personality. She relies on her freak show appeal and cringy trends like muscle mommies, my chest is bigger than yours etc.

She is also compromised, when eventually some youtuber will start asking personal questions about steroid use just to elicit some more views.

I don't know how many women aspire to become freak shows like her, if anything her presence is a negative role model for female Bodybuilding. I have nothing against her I wish her the best, as far as I know she doesn't aspire to become an ambassador to the sport.

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

The thread was called unpopular opinions for a good reason lol.

What this guy said. /thread

fp909
Sep 22, 2023 - permalink

lmao didn't even know this thread was active, since i was quoted

(as an aside, I think we're talking about a tagging system for the forum? I have to check. would be helpful in this kind of case).

Yes, that was my opinion, and I figured it might be unpopular. In terms of my OF experience Slava has been one of my constant recomments, but I think there has been a noticeable shift since she really blew up on socials. And I know she's fully aware of the different segments of her audience. i also know that she's capable of really great muscle vids--she's posted them--and really great topless posing, because she's posted that too. I strongly suspect that a mananger has some recent access to her OF because it post captions read more like your average account that we've all lamented about, but i unsubbed because I was no longer excited to see an update because it was another foot posting or ass shaking.

That's just not my preference. I don't think we're in the twilight of her popularity, just the twilight of when she was more gheared (no pun intended) to the muscle crowd.

In terms of business, my opinion on this is not limited to Slava--this is about the point that I check out for everyone that leverages their popularity into a business (and I'm on the record as saying that I'm totally fine with this, and I get it, but women with smaller followings get complainy about their engagement dropping as if they didn't know why their engagement was so high to begin with). But for Slava it's not like she can't tackle both at the same time, this is her golden era, she's 26/27 and is not at an age where the end of her prime is closing in fast. I appreciate that she's building something herself, however, rather than shilling product, that's one of my bigger pet peeves.

I'm not totally sure why you lumped my text in with text from another user. I think my assesment is pretty fair in comparison to maybe 8-9 months ago. The photo book may not be a miss for other fans. At a smaller scale, I get this. I have frequently had people drop from my patreon because I wasnt posting content they liked, and once i started doing stuff they liked again, they returned. But I'm certainly not going to shell out money for stuff I don't want, even if at one point she was "basically giving out" great muscle content more regularly (which I've noted before in the OF thread).

I think her IG stuff is among the best in the biz.

Sep 24, 2023 - permalink

She is so overrated and overhyped in my honest personal opinion. Honestly I don't really understand what so many people love about her and I don't. She has oversized muscles, apparent steroid use, and I think people are drawn into her "model-like baby face". I think main reason those not finding her attractive is that we are not drawn into her type of "baby face". She's also a bad example of "muscular woman" in my opinion because she is oversized, her steroid use is obvious and apparent, and she doesn't look natural at all. Her rise definitely won't encourage other women to work out and lift more because that's always not a look what majority of people appreciate. She is just very niche-popular but cannot be considered mainstream and won't be anytime soon. It's just not a look majority of women strive for and will strive for, because it's just not natural and doesn't look nice to those outside the niche or to those not attracted to her.

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »