Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Brissa Allen downsize?

[deleted]
Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

Hey I've been following Brissa Allen since she started getting on Tik Tok and she claims natural at the height of her fame, but recently I feel as if she had downsize alot.

Now
May 2022

I just feel this prove she was on PEDS at the time and since been off. Obviously it doesn't matter if she is or isn't I just thought she had downsized and would to know if anyone agreed or if I'm looking at it wrong

Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

She herself said that she is in a cut

[deleted]
Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

She herself said that she is in a cut

Maybe, but she lost quite a bit of lean mass. She still looks great, but she looks smaller and not really that more conditioned.

Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

She looks small.

Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

Hey I've been following Brissa Allen since she started getting on Tik Tok and she claims natural at the height of her fame, but recently I feel as if she had downsize alot.

Now
May 2022

I just feel this prove she was on PEDS at the time and since been off. Obviously it doesn't matter if she is or isn't I just thought she had downsized and would to know if anyone agreed or if I'm looking at it wrong

You know what proves she's on gear more than her downsize? Her physique before. I can't stand these bullshitters.

Sep 13, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by fitfan1995
mrt
Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

I follow Brissa on Ig, and she was in a car accident a few months ago. So, she stopped training and prob had a restricted diet for some time. I don't know anything about PEDs and I find this discussions anoying, so spare me of the rude replies.

Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

she was having an bad period with her mental health, taking medication for depression. She seems to be better now.

Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

I follow Brissa on Ig, and she was in a car accident a few months ago. So, she stopped training and prob had a restricted diet for some time. I don't know anything about PEDs and I find this discussions anoying, so spare me of the rude replies.

I also follow Brissa on Ig and on TikTok, but i have not seen anything about her being in a car accident there or maybe i just missed that post.

Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

Now
May 2022

Do you have any friends? Do they ever tell you to just "shut the fuck up", because you're being a nosy little busybody and don't know what you're talking about?

We need to normalize getting people back to their mom's basements without internet access.

Instead of deleting my comment - which is 100% a personal attack that I know I'm going to be sanctioned for - and putting me in timeout, they should just stick a mute button on you.

mrt
Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

I also follow Brissa on Ig and on TikTok, but i have not seen anything about her being in a car accident there or maybe i just missed that post.

I think she posted or her Stories, so it might be gone now. But you can see when she comes back at training, she says things like "Back and feeling better etc".

[deleted]
Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

She made a tiktok post about the state of her car and then one and how she looked after. It has been over a year so she probably deleted it

fp909
Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

ok i have a little bit of knowledge here. i was one of her tiktok mods for a while:

• i never got anything from her mom or her claiming she was or wasn't natty aside from what she said publicly, so take that as you will

• before she had her accident she broke up with her boyfriend, and i think she was really into him but also was upset that he didnt seem to show her the same attention that she showed him, at least i think that's how it went. so she was pretty down in the dumps after that, but still training.

• it wasn't just a car accident, shit was T O T A L E D. I forget if it was a head on collision or not but it was with a semi (IIRC). so she was MIA for a week or so before returning to the weights.

• she recently started dating a new guy that i think she's known for a while, they might have been dating longer than I'm assuming.

• my speculation is that the cut she was doing (and she was doing a cut for a show back last year that she pulled out of, and then a second cut sometime earlier this year that she pulled out of) either went poorly or didn't mesh well with whatever personal stuff was going on, which is maybe why she didn't do the shows she had mentioned.

• ive seen some comments recently asking about the downsize and asked her about it myself, and i think by the end of it she didn't like the size anymore, maybe? i feel like she took some significant time off. i think also during that time she launched a training app. i saw her pop up with Alyssa Perez and another girl for a shoot early summer but she wasn't quite as slim as she looks now. i dont think there are any plans to regain that look from 2022.

• all across this time there were some other things--her family moved houses, she was still in school (i think she still is?), she was working at least two jobs at a restaurant or something adjacent to that.

• i would also wager that the popularity explosion maybe was two much? i have no idea. but it's SO weird to me that she leveled off the way she did, because i don't think she was any better or worse than Charlotte Schaech, Alyssa Perez, Alex Giardina, or any of these up and coming tiktok girls that show up at these events. maybe it was the gaps in posting that got her (although she has very popular and highly viewed posts), i honestly can't even guess as to why she leveled off.

personally, i don't care if she used or not, but i think she had a unique and dramatic physique that woudl have taken her places competitively. ultimately (and obviously) it's not up to me or any of her fans and if she's feeling great about herself now vs before i'm glad she's reached that place. a bummer as a fan though.

Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

This happens constantly with young girls who jump on PEDs when they start working out. For every girl who is at peace with the side effects/lifestyle/etc, there are far more who can't handle it. No big deal, they're better off that way.

Chainer
Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

Do you have any friends? Do they ever tell you to just "shut the fuck up", because you're being a nosy little busybody and don't know what you're talking about?

We need to normalize getting people back to their mom's basements without internet access.

Instead of deleting my comment - which is 100% a personal attack that I know I'm going to be sanctioned for - and putting me in timeout, they should just stick a mute button on you.

I agree that it can feel creepy for people to get too nosy about others' personal lives, depending on the context.

That said, I do think that on a site about women's fitness, it is natural to wonder why someone who was previously very public on social media about lifting/fitness etc. has changed their habits. Your response to that seems very out of proportion and unnecessarily inflammatory, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Your comment has been getting reported.

We should aim to strike a balance between discussing women's posts on social media (which is fair game; they are making the posts publicly available, after all) while not digging into their personal lives that they don't want to be public about.

Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

I was actually OK with tre_sayer's reply even if it was a little over the top.

I thought backguy3 was in the running to be another GwM "drug lord;" someone who obsesses about women that they think use PEDs. My response remains the same. Whether a woman uses PEDs or not is irrelevant, unless it's really obvious enough to look grotesque.

[deleted]
Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

I was actually OK with tre_sayer's reply even if it was a little over the top.

I thought backguy3 was in the running to be another GwM "drug lord;" someone who obsesses about women that they think use PEDs. My response remains the same. Whether a woman uses PEDs or not is irrelevant, unless it's really obvious enough to look grotesque.

Dude, this website is literally about women’s bodybuilding, why the is questioning the use of PEDS still so taboo😭 I genuinely don’t care I was just making an observation and wanted to see if someone else would see it. If you think it’s wrong and misogynistic to wonder if someone who’s bodybuilding is on PEDS, then please try to understand the bodybuilding/fitness world better than just a level of “oh wow this person had a great physique”

[deleted]
Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

Bro it’s not that serious 😭 I was making an observation and wanted to see if anyone else made it, you’re genuinely dense if you still think it’s rude or taboo to think if someone, who’s actively bodybuilding, competing or not, is on PEDS, it’s soo normalized within the community and I feel a lot of this website doesn’t realize that yet.

[deleted]
Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

There was also no malicious intent with my post but you said it yourself which is a personal attack on me for a non justified reason. This website is about women’s fitness and Bodybuilding. Calling me a nosy incel for having a curiousity about someone’s ped usage is insane. It’s no different than assuming if someone in the MLB or NFL were on

Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

"dude, this website is literally about women's bodybuilding."

Dude yourself. You joined two months ago. I've been here since January, 2009. I think I know much more than you about what this website is all about. It's for athletic women of all kinds, from FBBs to pro-tennis players and other pro-athletes. I think my understanding goes far beyond what you said "oh wow. this person had a great physique."

Having said that, I hope that you do enjoy the time that you spend here on GwM.

[deleted]
Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

"dude, this website is literally about women's bodybuilding."

Dude yourself. You joined two months ago. I've been here since January, 2009. I think I know much more than you about what this website is all about. It's for athletic women of all kinds, from FBBs to pro-tennis players and other pro-athletes. I think my understanding goes far beyond what you said "oh wow. this person had a great physique."

Having said that, I hope that you do enjoy the time that you spend here on GwM.

I literally said this website was for women’s bodybuilding AND fitness. And fitness is such a spectrum with so many different people. But also where did I say to get a better understanding of this website, I said get a better understand of the bodybuilding and fitness world

fp909
Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

Let’s stay on topoc

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

I apologize to the forum for being snippy with OP.

I intended no harm and it comes from a place not of white-knighting for the women, but from respect for our community and wanting to be part of encouraging high standards...standards which I unironically violated in my chosen response.

That's my bad and I apologize for doing so. It will happen again, but my apology is sincere - I will try to be nicer, as there's a lot I take for granted and I don't know what any of you might be going through.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »