Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Muscle Mommies

What do you think of the term "muscle mommies?" (439 total votes)

Hot, I love it! (206, 46.9%)
Pretty sexy, I guess. (78, 17.8%)
It's kinda cringe. (69, 15.7%)
I don't really care what they write in those captions. (61, 13.9%)
What the heck even is a muscle mommy? (18, 4.1%)
I hate it. (7, 1.6%)
cgsweat
Sep 12, 2023 - edited Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

"Muscle mommy" seems to be kind of the trendy term of the month. I can point to a few different places I've seen influencers use it lately:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxA-EfKuP7O/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwgoBRhOEx7/

What do you think of this term?

EDIT: Also, in the comments you're welcome to define what you think it means, and who you think would be a perfect example.

[deleted]
Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

While a first I thought it was cringey (It still is) I learned that unironically helped tell people my type without sounding weird. I had such a hard time telling people that gym girls or girl bodybuilders were my type as it was a little embarrassing and would often times cover it up with "Athletic girls" when I really meant bodybuilders or powerlifters. But now whenever people ask about my type I say muscle mommy's as a joke but it often times work since muscle mommy became known to people to don't work out as well.

Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

I think it’s hot with the right girl! Personally examples Jessssssica and Paryss Bryanne make muscle mommies cringe. Their behavior which both are a weird in their own ways kind of make muscle mommies seem off.

I’m glad leanbeefpatty has helped destigmatize muscular woman to an extent myself, and I find it easier to say what I’m attracted to now. It’s also been a piggy back to find more girls that are similar and they’ve only helped my attraction.

On another hand I’d love to see more creators play into that role, I think Titanic and Ashley Lakomowski could kill playing into that role a bit more myself

Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

It is amazing they show dominance but in a friendly and sexy way.

Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

I hate it, and my gate for it grows every day it was OK when I saw it for the first time and saw the same person using it, but I despise social media trends and how willing everyone is to just copy. Bugs me even more when I see 20 year old with no kids calling themselves musclemommie.

Sep 13, 2023 - permalink

"Muscle Mommy" is just another annoying social media buzzword that will stay hot for a bit and then will die out when the next buzzword comes out.

I may be a little more sensitive to it, though, because in the BDSM world, I hate, hate, hate, HATE the phrases "Mommy" and "Daddy." If that's somebody's kink, then cool, but personally it gives me the ick when someone calls me Daddy or when they refer to themselves as Mommy.

Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

I’m not going to lie I used the phrase “mommy” a lot back when it started getting popular and I kinda cringe back looking back lol. At this point I don’t really mind the phrase, people are allowed to call themselves and each other what they want as long as it isn’t demeaning or weird but I’m not one to say it anymore. Maybe in the 0.1% chance that I actually do end up with a girl who likes being called that I’ll start saying it but I can’t promise her that I won’t hesitate out of pure cringe.

Chainer
Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

Does this mean anything besides being another term for "muscular chick" or am I showing my age?

Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

Does this mean anything besides being another term for "muscular chick" or am I showing my age?

Definitely not. I'm with you: it's only another term, maybe a softer one, more acceptable (maybe?) for "muscular chick".

Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

It's fun and kind of goofy. I like it.

Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

So many women now are getting strong and showing off, this is the golden age for female muscle fans. I kind of like the muscle mommy term for the girls that like to use it. I think that is just these girls' slang for being positive about lifting and fitness. It's basically how these girls say "Look at how hot and jacked I am." without being so direct about it. There is a mainstream muscle girl culture now, controlled more by the women themselves, and that is only going to make it more likely that more women start getting fit.

It's a good thing they are coming up with their own goofy phrases. Whatever they come up with is fine by me if they keep making gains and showing them off.

Sep 15, 2023 - permalink

Sep 15, 2023 - permalink

Ahahahahahaha you win this thread.

Sep 15, 2023 - permalink

It's making more women look into the muscle life. I'm NOT about to complain about that whatsoever.

Sep 15, 2023 - permalink

Lmfao he truly was ahead of his time

cgsweat
Sep 15, 2023 - permalink

Freud... lol. I always credit him with 'oral fixation' so I forgot about the whole 'sleeping with your mother' thing.

Sep 16, 2023 - permalink

So many women now are getting strong and showing off, this is the golden age for female muscle fans. I kind of like the muscle mommy term for the girls that like to use it. I think that is just these girls' slang for being positive about lifting and fitness. It's basically how these girls say "Look at how hot and jacked I am." without being so direct about it. There is a mainstream muscle girl culture now, controlled more by the women themselves, and that is only going to make it more likely that more women start getting fit.

It's a good thing they are coming up with their own goofy phrases. Whatever they come up with is fine by me if they keep making gains and showing them off.

Amen! Using goofy phrases or not, anything that encourages women to become more muscular is fine with me.

[deleted]
Sep 20, 2023 - permalink

A name that should be normalize

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

I think there should have been another category. "O.k. if it is applied to women old enough to be mothers". Applied to girls or women in their twenties seems ludicrous to me.

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

I think there should have been another category. "O.k. if it is applied to women old enough to be mothers". Applied to girls or women in their twenties seems ludicrous to me.

I agree. It should be applied to women 30 and above.

Sep 25, 2023 - permalink

It's funny that the word mommy (mom) implies that she has children, but 99% of these mommies don't have children :D

Sep 25, 2023 - permalink

It's funny that the word mommy (mom) implies that she has children, but 99% of these mommies don't have children :D

Yep. This term should be applied for women 30 and above.

cgsweat
Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

Just caught Samantha Jerring using it on her Youtube channel:

The OG Muscle Mommy | IFBB PRO & 2x Olympian

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »