Forum > Image Themes > Thread

2023 Crossfit Games

fp909
Aug 06, 2023 - permalink

Since these are a current hot ticket and there are so many uploads, creating an curator space for 2023 Crossfit Games posts for easy reference.

Aug 06, 2023 - permalink

Greatest sport ever IMO (the female games at least)

fp909
Aug 06, 2023 - permalink

crazy to see emma lawson holding onto a semi-decent lead in first

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

Totally agree with you. Watching men in this game would not be cool.

What’s wrong with watching the men? Both genders have amazing athletic performances

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

What’s wrong with watching the men? Both genders have amazing athletic performances

The men are less impressive only because there's the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, etc. The men are in great shape, but aren't the peak of male human athleticism. They're the best guys left who were too small, too slow, too weak, (etc) to make it in pro sports. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I doubt a guy would choose CrossFit over a $100M contract to be a pass rusher.

The women in CrossFit represent the peak of female human athleticism. You can maybe argue Serena Williams, but it gets thin after that. Most high paying women's sports are individual sports, not team sports. So there's fewer opportunities for women, in general.

Since there aren't many viable outlets for athletic women, pre-crossfit, ultra athletic women would mostly get a normal job after their D1 career. Our only opportunity to see fit women outside of pro bodybuilding was during Spring Break when the college athletes would post beach pics on Facebook.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

Neither the men nor the women are impressive from an athletic standpoint. It should be blindingly obvious why men would only want to watch the women. They're certainly not admiring anybody's mechanics LOL.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

Neither the men nor the women are impressive from an athletic standpoint.

You have to be kidding me.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

The men are less impressive only because there's the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, etc. The men are in great shape, but aren't the peak of male human athleticism.

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL Athletes do one thing well. Although dedicated to their sport, most are freaks of nature. Not a one of those athletes would pass special forces boot camp. I would bet that most, if not all, crossfitters, man or woman could get through at least the physical tests.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

You have to be kidding me.

Seconded

With all due respect, I think it's pretty clear that the people making comments about Games-level athletes not being athletically impressive have never done CrossFit before. And maybe it's because I also do CrossFit, but while I am attracted to a muscular woman's physique, I can absolutely appreciate the fitness, skill and strength those athletes have: both the men and the women.

Aug 26, 2023 - permalink

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL Athletes do one thing well. Although dedicated to their sport, most are freaks of nature. Not a one of those athletes would pass special forces boot camp. I would bet that most, if not all, crossfitters, man or woman could get through at least the physical tests.

Without bringing up Pat Tillman, you don't think TJ Watt, Joey Bossa, Myles Garret, Mike Trout, or any professional athlete can pass boot camp? Do you mean they they're too mentally weak or that they are too physically weak?

I'd wager 1987 Bo Jackson would fare well in boot camp. Athletes chose to specialize in one sport, but I would argue elite athleticism and mental fortitude are beneficial to success in professional sports and military conquest.

Aug 31, 2023 - permalink

Seconded

With all due respect, I think it's pretty clear that the people making comments about Games-level athletes not being athletically impressive have never done CrossFit before. And maybe it's because I also do CrossFit, but while I am attracted to a muscular woman's physique, I can absolutely appreciate the fitness, skill and strength those athletes have: both the men and the women.

This. My cf gym has a female competitor who has been ranking in the top twenty-thirty in Europe. She is a total machine, way beyond what an average mortal could ever dream to achieve. Athletic to the absolute extreme. And then there's a few dozen women in the world who are even more impressive.

Aug 31, 2023 - permalink

This site is called GIRLS with muscle, not GUYS with muscle, so it isn't really surprising that people posting here prefer female CrossFit games is it?

It's like looking at a forum for Manchester United fans and expecting them to like Manchester City. They won't!

Aug 31, 2023 - permalink

Seconded

CrossFit athletes are incredible. Their stamina, strength and performance, are amazing to me. I'm only interested in watching the women but that's probably for obvious reasons.

Aug 31, 2023 - permalink

The men are less impressive only because there's the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, etc. The men are in great shape, but aren't the peak of male human athleticism. They're the best guys left who were too small, too slow, too weak, (etc) to make it in pro sports. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I doubt a guy would choose CrossFit over a $100M contract to be a pass rusher.

That's an interesting point. I had always assumed the men were relatively small because of the mechanics of weight-lifting (bodybuilding and gymnastics similarly favor participants with short limbs).

"I play real sports. I'm not tryin' to be the best at exercisin'." -- Kenny Powers

fp909
Aug 31, 2023 - permalink

When I used to train CrossFit with my long time training partner she honestly had a second gear for a while, and for the bulk of our training if we did the same scale she’d probably beat my times or reps pretty significantly, probably 60% of the time. on the flip side I rarely “won” by blowout. At the time she’d beat me by a minute or a minutes worth of reps, depending on the workout.

Then something happened, she dialed back on CrossFit and paired BJJ with it and that percentage blew up and she was pulling away in workouts by 2+ minutes in the longer ones, or doing 2-3 rounds more of reps, whatever. In the times she did the men’s Rx scaling she was on level or performing ahead of of the guys scaling like that. It was pretty wild. And she was hitting lifting PRs at lower bws—really good ratios for a “casual” lifter that would outscore me if we were doing DOTS or whatever. Idk it was just really fascinating (and hot) to be around and watch.

I think women are adaptable in a different way than men that makes them specifically more entertaining to watch in CrossFit.

As for the freak athletes on the men’s pro sports side, they would probably be pretty fine with any of the physical requirements for military service if they trained for that instead of sports. And for the ones left over that couldn’t go pro they didn’t have some of the measurables but if you think someone like Saquon Barkley wouldn’t be an absolute CrossFit freak if he trained for that instead of football that would be a bad take lol

A lot of these dudes have terrible Oly form or even bad squat form in terms of what you’d want for OLY, but they can absoltely move weight at a level I’ll never be able to achieve

Oct 25, 2023 - permalink

I only watch female crossFit. Period

Oct 25, 2023 - edited Oct 25, 2023 - permalink

@fp909...😳 Your CrossFit training partner sounds incredible. She's obviously smokin hot but also very motivating and inspiring!

CrossFit has some of the most impressive female physiques but their level of physical skills, stamina and strength are even more impressive.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »