Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

"Reply" feature for forum posts

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

I enjoy visiting the forum and going through the threads, but they sometimes get confusing when multiple women are discussed in a single thread. For example, when three posts refer to different women by name and a fourth says, "She is such-and-such," it's impossible to tell who the poster's referring to. It's especially a problem for me (and maybe others) in lengthy threads, such as the one for OnlyFans reviews.

What I suggest is a "Reply" feature to go along with the existing "Quote" and "Report" buttons at the top of each post. Such a feature is used by Facebook and many online publications. It wouldn't repeat the comment but only begin the reply with the original poster's name. I think a "Reply" button would help bring clarity to the forum. Is it possible/feasible? (This would be for new posts only; existing posts/threads would stay as is.)

Chainer
Aug 03, 2023 - permalink

I'm not sure how this would be meaningfully different from the Quote button, but I could have the Quote button insert the user's name and a link to their comment right before the quoted text.

Aug 03, 2023 - permalink

That would help, thanks, but not in the case where a poster makes a random response without using the Quote button. Of course, they might not use a Reply button either at first, but they could learn todo so.

Chainer
Aug 03, 2023 - permalink

Well, if all they type is "She's hot" but they give no indication to the site as to what they're talking about, I'm not sure how the site is supposed to be able to tell.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »