Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Wb270.com shuttering August 7

Aug 01, 2023 - permalink

For those who session with fbbs (and other athletes,) wb270.com, a site that has been around for over two decades, is shutting down completely and will be scrubbed:

https://www.wb270.com/travel.htm

Aug 01, 2023 - permalink

A very old website i think some potential users are turned off by its design but i hope they don't shut down diana the valkereye .

Aug 01, 2023 - permalink

Wow, so sessiongirls will be the only game in town?

Aug 01, 2023 - permalink

Oh no.

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

Damn, that sucks.

Had my one and only session booked through there.

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

wow thanks for the heads up I used that site to find a couple of retired girls whose names only appear on this site.

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

Why completely delete it? That seems odd.

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

Are sessions illegal now or something?

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

Are sessions illegal now or something?

more likely whoever runs it, doesn't want to run it anymore

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

Great site for its time and the service it provided. Just a reminder the world moves on

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

Too bad ….. It was a great resource

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

There's no need to shut it down. I host many websites I'd be prepared to host it.

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

There's no need to shut it down. I host many websites I'd be prepared to host it.

wb270@yahoo.com I don't know whats going on but here's their email, old sites like this are so cool be a shame to see it go.

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

I think the guy who runs it had no intention of handing it over to somebody else when he "retires".

Which of course is his right, but it kind of sucks that he doesn't want anyone else continuing it.

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

It's was so nice to visit a website that isn't full of stupid trash and animations, loads in an instant, just does what it's supposed to do. A fuckin' lost art.

Maybe we could do a change.org petition and force it to stay open? Is there a way to demand government help?

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

It's was so nice to visit a website that isn't full of stupid trash and animations, loads in an instant, just does what it's supposed to do. A fuckin' lost art.

Maybe we could do a change.org petition and force it to stay open? Is there a way to demand government help?

Even though this post is a bit dramatic I feel your pain.

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

As someone who's been visiting that site for some 25 years and has had a lot of great experiences because of it, I think it's really easy to underappreciate the amount work he put into running it. For going on 30 years he maintained that site as raw html. Like, opening the .html files in an editor and putting in the updates directly. Which means if a woman's coming to your city August 15-16th, he not only has to manually put that in the listing but he also has to remember to take it back out on the 17th. And add/remove this info across multiple pages. And if a woman wants to change her email, or add photos or travel dates, that all has to go through him. And this all adds up very, very quickly. I couldn't even imagine maintaining a site like that these days, let alone for decades. He mentioned at one point that he was too old-school to switch to something newer that would make maintaining it easier, and I wonder if maybe that reluctance ultimately led to burnout. I know during at least one of the redesign attempts he made reference to things becoming rather unwieldy. So bear that in mind if you're thinking about trying to offer to take over the site and keep it running as-is.

Anyway, Mr. Wb270, whoever you are, thank you for your service.

Aug 06, 2023 - permalink

A real shame. I can imagine the work needed to maintain and constantly update the site information. I hope the active women relocate to session girls at the very least.

Aug 06, 2023 - permalink

We don’t need no gubmint help

Aug 06, 2023 - permalink

Ahhh boo. I cant stand the sessiongirls UI. Sure, wb270 is old but at least it has symmetrical lists.

Aug 06, 2023 - permalink

This is a blow! Like yanking out a pillar in the fbb scene. I guess we're just down to one place to book a girl. I'm not certain but it seems like the session scene is on it's way out too. Doesn't seem to be as much happening. I dunno I've kind of lost track of it. Sad to see wb270 on it's way out.

Aug 06, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Aug 06, 2023 - permalink

has anyone spoken to the webmaster?

Aug 10, 2023 - permalink

I just went and visited the site and it looks like the text about it shutting down is gone now. I checked the main pages and couldn't find anything. In the absence of other info I hesitate to draw the conclusion that things are back to normal, but it seemed worth mentioning.

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »