Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Katelyn Winkler-Tampa Pro

Aug 01, 2023 - permalink

It appears Katelyn Winkler pulled out of the Tampa Pro this weekend. Does anyone know what happened??? I was so looking forward to seeing her compete again. I hope she hasn’t called it quits already

Aug 01, 2023 - permalink

I hope she hasn’t called it quits already

You mean permanently? Its crazy to me to come that far and hang it up, especially something that takes so much dedication to begin with.

Aug 01, 2023 - edited Aug 01, 2023 - permalink

I actually messaged her. She DID pull out of competing in Tampa but she has not given any indication that she has called it quits nor did she give me a reason why she decided not to do Tampa. I didn't ask though as it was none of my business. I did say that when she does make her pro debut that it would be special and she liked that message.

To sum it up, she's not doing Tampa but she has NOT called it quits.

Aug 01, 2023 - permalink

I hope it’s nothing serious and just something like her feeling that her prep was off.

Aug 01, 2023 - permalink

I hope she hasn’t called it quits already

What makes you people (those of you who do it, not speaking to anyone else) say stupid, disrespectful, flat-out a**holish shit like this? I'd really like to know, so I can better understand humans.

Thanks for the pertinent update, @FitGems. I hope Katelyn's in good health and appreciate that she let her fans know her plans have changed.

Aug 01, 2023 - permalink

What makes you people (those of you who do it, not speaking to anyone else) say stupid, disrespectful, flat-out a**holish shit like this? I'd really like to know, so I can better understand humans.

Thanks for the pertinent update, @FitGems. I hope Katelyn's in good health and appreciate that she let her fans know her plans have changed.

I have found that some schmoes within this community like to overreact to anything.

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

From Katelyn herself on Instagram:

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

It was a good decision for her to prioritize her well being. She’s so young that she can take her time and make her pro debut when she feels she is ready. There was no chance of her beating Ivie with the physique pictured above and continuing into peak week would have been a needless endeavour.

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

And I have no idea what you guys are even talking about when it comes to competing or not. I'm just into the fact that they've got muscle on them and they're strong. I actually don't even care for the hyper muscular, dehydrated, contest-shape look anyway. But hey, to each their own!

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

I just know that her prep was extremely long cuz she prob wanted to take it slow. Maybe thats why she got burned out. Some women do (idk exactly) 8 weeks of prep while she did even more than that. She got prob so sick and tired of obsesively having to take care of calorie/protein/fat/carb intake, how much and how well she works out per day and so on. I mean yeah that what prep is but since she started her prep way too early, that is prob the reason she got burned out.

cgsweat
Sep 14, 2023 - permalink

So is this one recent?

Sep 16, 2023 - permalink

Yes. That was a couple of days ago. I should have saved the stories but she is looking at her Pro debut sometime in 2024. No show has been picked out yet

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »