Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

What keeps you from going after a bodybuilder

Jul 29, 2023 - permalink

I love my wife who is not muscular, but I have always loved the look of female bodybuilders. If you are like me, what keeps you from finding a bodybuilder to be in a relationship with? Sorry about my English

Jul 29, 2023 - edited Jul 29, 2023 - permalink

Because I'm already in a relationship with someone that I bonded over CrossFit with (among other things.)

In all seriousness, it's because muscles aren't the ONLY thing important in a relationship, or even the most important thing. I dated a powerlifter for awhile that had a body type that I was wildly attracted to, but she was not a good person and it turned out being a good thing that I never got into something long-term with her.

Also, while I am attracted to bodybuilders, they're not the only type of athletic woman I am into. If you find yourself wanting to ONLY date bodybuilders, you're going to be looking amongst a very small pool, and a lot of bodybuilders (and strength athletes in general,) find it a turnoff if the ONLY reason you are going for them is for their muscles.

Jul 29, 2023 - permalink

They are too rare i have never seen a fbb in person in my entire life .so far in the last 28 years the most muscular women i saw was some 40 year old cross fitter who ran past me at high speeds .i didn't have the time to talk to her but let's say i did what would i even say. i know nothing about her if i say nice muscles i would be seen as creepy. i doubt she has the same hobbies as me. even if she did the chance that she finds me attractive is very low .i am mediocre i have low income i am not in shape. but all of that won't matter because there is a 80% chance she is already married .then there are a lot of unexpected things that could mess up the relationship .like that one time i almost got laid but she has agressive dogs trying to bite my dick off and there was drama .

and considering all of this the next time i May meet another woman of her caliber would be when i am 55 and that would probably have the same result .the next one will be when i am around 80 and the one after that 105 so its just not going to happen. it's like trying to win the lottery. really most men can't be picky just getting any girlfriend who is not toxic is hard enough forget about the looks.

Jul 29, 2023 - permalink

Going out of my way to pursue being involved with a muscular woman isn't high on my priority list. I love 'em no doubt. But my life doesn't evolve around it.

Jul 29, 2023 - permalink

Personality and how you get along are more important than muscles/attractiveness. Muscle girls are nice to look at, but in a partner we need to get along well and connect.

Jul 29, 2023 - permalink

Lack of opportunity to meet some.

Jul 29, 2023 - permalink

They are rare, and if you can't afford a high-end gym membership in a major metro area you're not going to see too many.

Jul 29, 2023 - permalink

Since no one else will say it because everyone's too polite, what a weird fucking question.

You may have meant it as, "You happen to see a bodybuilder, but elect not to approach her and express any interest", but the way you wrote it sounds like "you should 'go after' bodybuilders - specifically - to date". That made me cringe.

Jul 29, 2023 - permalink

Rarity

Jul 29, 2023 - permalink

Rarity

Plus you cannot go through life alone. you cannot wait for 50 years to find a fbb. In this time you will find some one who you are compatible with and then stay together.

Jul 30, 2023 - permalink

Very hard to find but also because too many of them have just too much baggage.

Jul 30, 2023 - permalink

I would never want to date one, I do like the women I date to be athletic but huge roided out bodybuilders are purely a fetish for me.

Jul 30, 2023 - permalink

Friend once asked me, do you think a bodybuilder would date someone who doesn't take care of themselves or weight train like they did, cause I'm chubby lol. I said you have a point. A few years later I'm dating a bodybuilder from Canada and I brought it up to him as a joke and he said well I guess you did it. It's about people, to be honest there are so many of these women who I love to look at but when you find out who they are you wont look at them the same way. She's less muscular now and I don't even care.

Aug 02, 2023 - permalink

I'm getting thrown back into the dating pool. It's been great so far but I've done almost zero dating. We'll see what happens after I move home. I have this terrible thought that politically, the FBBs and I probably won't get along so much.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »