Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Voices that caught you offguard

Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

I remember first seeing strongwoman Sam Belliveau on this site and it caught me offguard to hear her voice on video. Sara Finlay-Jones also has a voice that didn't match my expectations (The watermelon videos). Jordynne Grace's voice also unfortunately has taken a hit from PEDs over the past few years.

Strongwoman Lucy Underdown's voice is significantly more feminine than the three aforementioned ladies and that increases her appeal to me.

https://youtu.be/oO9UMGfFHUo

Do you have anyone that caught you offguard with how masculine or feminine their voices sounded?

Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

Renee Toney. I thought she was going to have the deepest voice of all time but if I heard her on the phone, I'd never think she had one of the the biggest biceps (near contest shape) in fbb history. I'm curious to see her earliest pictures.

Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

Renee Toney. I thought she was going to have the deepest voice of all time but if I heard her on the phone, I'd never think she had one of the the biggest biceps (near contest shape) in fbb history. I'm curious to see her earliest pictures.

Wow. Yeah, she sounds like she could be just a regular woman.

Jul 08, 2023 - edited Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

Dianna Blanchard. For how jacked she is I was expecting a more squeaky/deep voice. Instead it's very feminine (add in that French accent and you melt in 2 seconds)

Jul 08, 2023 - permalink
Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

Cindy landolt and Anna m strong and Maria wattel come to mind

Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

Melissa Coates. When I first heard her voice I was shocked at how deep it was for such a gorgeous woman.

cgsweat
Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

Angie Salvagno's voice wasn't as deep as I thought it would be. I've heard Bikini girls with deeper voices than hers.

Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

Nikki Fuller was another one, so girlish I nearly burst out laughing!

Jul 08, 2023 - edited Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

Kim Chizevsky - She was the first Olympia winner I can remember hearing whispers of people thinking she's pushing the limits too far on what is expected of what a FBB should look like. It's not something I ever cared about. But hearing stuff like that and taking in her crazy conditioning at her peak I guess I wasn't expecting her to sound like this. You wouldn't even think she was a bodybuilder if you heard the voice prior to seeing her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vrJ_Fg21o8

Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

Paula Suzuki's voice is also among the most muscular women with the most feminine voices, disproving the notion that heavy roid usage will automatically result in a deeper voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=430SUczYBVI&a...

Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

Paula Suzuki's voice is also among the most muscular women with the most feminine voices, disproving the notion that heavy roid usage will automatically result in a deeper voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=430SUczYBVI&a...

It’s mostly genetics that determine how someone responds to PEDs: both positive gains and negative side effects

[deleted]
Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

Her voice is much more high pitched than I would've imagined considering how big she has gotten so quickly

Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

Angie Salvagno's voice wasn't as deep as I thought it would be. I've heard Bikini girls with deeper voices than hers.

That’s what I was going say. On this other end, Katka Kyptova at her biggest had a shockingly low voice.

Jul 09, 2023 - permalink

Yeah, Angie's voice isn't deep at all. It's pleasantly surprising given her size.

Jul 09, 2023 - permalink

Jodi Boam. Her voice is super cute, despite how big she got before her pregnancy. Same goes for Lauren Findley.

Jul 09, 2023 - permalink

It’s mostly genetics that determine how someone responds to PEDs: both positive gains and negative side effects

Greetings Gatsby28, could you please elaborate on the statement- "Response to PEDs"

Jul 09, 2023 - edited Jul 09, 2023 - permalink

I'm no expert in the area, but my guess is that in addition to genetics, it's also the type of PEDs used and how they're used. Kim Chizevsky, Paula Suzuki, even Colette Guimond (who was incredibly massive for her height) always retained their feminine voices. On the other hand, others like Robin Parker, Sheila Bleck, Sarah Boes and others that were way less jacked than Chizevsky and Suzuki had deeper voices. (Again, not an expert, but if I had to wager, my guess is that transmen use the same type of roids that fbbs with a deeper voice use)

I also think one can train their voice. Nuriye Evans has several different voices -- she can go from very feminine and sultry sounding in one moment, to extremely deep and masculine (honestly, it's deeper than most guys) when she gets into her "rage" mode. She has other vocal types as well, and I have no doubt she self-taught herself different types of voices. Her wide vocal range is extremely impressive and makes her one of the best fbb entertainers in the business.

But if you want to talk about a woman who completely caught me off-guard (not an fbb), check this video out which completely blew me away, which features the best female metal singer today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQNtGoM3FVU&a.... Clear evidence which bolsters my claim that one can train their voice if they tried.

Jul 09, 2023 - permalink

Allison Frahn. She was a figure competitor from the mid 2000s and early 2010s and if you look up interviews of her, her voice went from a soft voice to a sexy deep voice due to the increase in juice. Wish she still competed and did interviews 🔥🔥🔥

Was shocked at the transformation over the years

Jul 09, 2023 - permalink

Julia's voice is so beautiful 😍

Jul 09, 2023 - permalink

Going back 10 years or so, Kaylee Flanagan. At about 22 years old I didn't expect her to have a voice like that.

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/busines...

Jul 10, 2023 - permalink

Nikki Fuller's voice was a shocker to me!! Such a soft sweet voice she has for a strong muscle gal 😂😂

Jul 10, 2023 - permalink

I'm no expert in the area, but my guess is that in addition to genetics, it's also the type of PEDs used and how they're used. Kim Chizevsky, Paula Suzuki, even Colette Guimond (who was incredibly massive for her height) always retained their feminine voices. On the other hand, others like Robin Parker, Sheila Bleck, Sarah Boes and others that were way less jacked than Chizevsky and Suzuki had deeper voices. (Again, not an expert, but if I had to wager, my guess is that transmen use the same type of roids that fbbs with a deeper voice use)

I also think one can train their voice. Nuriye Evans has several different voices -- she can go from very feminine and sultry sounding in one moment, to extremely deep and masculine (honestly, it's deeper than most guys) when she gets into her "rage" mode. She has other vocal types as well, and I have no doubt she self-taught herself different types of voices. Her wide vocal range is extremely impressive and makes her one of the best fbb entertainers in the business.

But if you want to talk about a woman who completely caught me off-guard (not an fbb), check this video out which completely blew me away, which features the best female metal singer today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQNtGoM3FVU&a.... Clear evidence which bolsters my claim that one can train their voice if they tried.

That metal singer's voice is insane. That's a massive difference between singing, talking, and screaming.

Jul 10, 2023 - edited Jul 28, 2023 - permalink

Gillian Ward- Considering her physique expected her voice to be deep but not at the level she has

Amanda Slinker- Considering her physique, one might think her voice to be deep. But, it's completely normal

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »