Forum > Image Themes > Thread

Best one-hit wonder (with name)

Jun 30, 2023 - permalink

Just about every day, pictures of outstanding women are uploaded to GWM only to bear the dread No Name Set tag. Sometimes the lady is eventually identified, but usually not.

But even sadder are the cases of jaw-dropping bodybuilders who are named but are represented here by only a single photo. My own favorite one-hit wonder is Valerie Collosi, who apparently competed in two California shows 30+ years ago and then disappeared from the scene.

A search of the web turned up only one other photo of her, but it's actually just the same shot as the one on GWM except it's not cropped.

Jun 30, 2023 - permalink

Theresa O'Brien not as rare as the lady you showed. but i saw a short clip with her when youtube was new and it was so stunning i tried to find more of her but i couldn't find much.

gaby la delfa is more recent but she only posted a handful of pictures on instagram and had a video on a now offline paysite in 2016 but she has vanished i really love her legs

Jun 30, 2023 - edited Jun 30, 2023 - permalink

This would be it for me. But unfortunately I believe that no one knows her name.

Jul 07, 2023 - permalink

Angela Cilione. Legendary to those of us who watched Eurosport in the '90s.

Jul 07, 2023 - permalink

Summer Kalish

Jul 07, 2023 - permalink

Sandy Vu comes to mind. I first saw her through SheWrestles, was in a few videos and had a small set of photos, then completely disappeared. Anyone know where she is at now?

Jul 07, 2023 - permalink

Charis Foraker who did a shoot with HB, who fittingly is only featured once on the site.

cgsweat
Jul 07, 2023 - permalink

Up until just a few days ago, Vanessa Frangetto only had 2 images on this site (since 2011). Now she has a whopping 3.

Jul 08, 2023 - permalink

Angela Cilione. Legendary to those of us who watched Eurosport in the '90s.

Oh yeah. She was ridiculously beautiful.

Jul 14, 2023 - permalink

staceymia222 has just one video, but it has more than 600 favs.

Jul 15, 2023 - edited Jul 15, 2023 - permalink

Summer Kalish

It's oddly true, even though there are at least 3 whole photoshoots of her (Red Bikini - Green Bikini - No Bikini at all ;D), her presence was ephimeral at most. 1-2 years, competition included perhaps?

My pick would be Karyn Eales - did a show in the early 00s, and dissappeared. For the time, she was something: solid muscular body w/huge arms, and beautiful looks overall.

Jul 15, 2023 - permalink

It's oddly true, even though there are at least 3 whole photoshoots of her (Red Bikini - Green Bikini - No Bikini at all ;D), her presence was ephimeral at most. 1-2 years, competition included perhaps?

My pick would be Karyn Eales - did a show in the early 00s, and dissappeared. For the time, she was something: solid muscular body w/huge arms, and beautiful looks overall.

I was at the show where Karyn competed in Moncton NB and pretty sure I have the VHS tape. I had a friend competing so I was taping him but then when Karyn walked out the crowd was just amazed. Most of us never since a Pro caliber bodybuilder like that up close. I need to find that tape…

Jul 17, 2023 - edited Jul 17, 2023 - permalink

I think Charis Foraker was on a couple of the other muscle sites; maybe FT Video.

I also vaguely remember that there was something different about Summer Kalish, like maybe she wasn't really a teen as portrayed at the time.

Jul 17, 2023 - permalink

I think Charis Foraker was on a couple of the other muscle sites; maybe FT Video.

I also vaguely remember that there was something different about Summer Kalish, like maybe she wasn't really a teen as portrayed at the time.

You're right. All from the same contest though.

Jul 18, 2023 - edited Jul 18, 2023 - permalink

She started competing at 19, according to this article.

But, considering the kind of photoshoot she did in 1999, she was way in her 20s when she did the more "modest" ones.

What she did have was a very youthful appearance, which she exploited.

For another example, I wouldn't call this one "wonder", but Natalie Spore caused a modest shock in the fbb world, just to disappear after a couple of contests.

Jul 20, 2023 - permalink

This thread actually moved me to start browsing through ladies with only one pic to their name. There are some gems to be found!

Jul 20, 2023 - permalink
Jul 20, 2023 - permalink

While I understand the appeal of Summer's ethereal facial beauty, I was never impressed by her physique. In contrast, Jennifer McConnell of suburban Detroit offered a more complete package as a teen female bodybuilder. At 19, she won the 1988 Junior Ms. Michigan contest and later beat out many older women to win the Middleweight Ms. Michigan class the same year. She may have competed a couple of other times before disappearing.

Here's a pic of Jennifer from the Jr. Ms. Michigan show. Forgive the poor quality because it's a screencap from a video; I haven't found any real photos of her. (Also forgive her dorky '80s hairstyle.)

Jul 20, 2023 - permalink

This thread actually moved me to start browsing through ladies with only one pic to their name. There are some gems to be found!

Tons of pics under Angie.

Jul 21, 2023 - permalink

Tons of pics under Angie.

[Johnny Carson voice]

I did not know that.

Jul 21, 2023 - permalink

Marissa Brown. She is one of my favs

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »