Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Bodybuilder Crystal Anthony on how to date a female bodybuilder.

Jun 24, 2023 - permalink

This video is a bit older, but I know there have been people here who ask how to meet female bodybuilders or muscular women in general, so here is a bodybuilder answering this question. What are your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uf73-AsTcw

cgsweat
Jun 24, 2023 - permalink

I think she makes some great points. The biggest takeaway that most users here need to hear is that if you're going into a relationship with looks being your biggest priority, then it's probably not going to last.

If you're looking for a one night stand just for the experience, then that would make more sense. But otherwise looks alone can't be the foundation of a long-lasting, meaningful relationship.

Jun 24, 2023 - permalink

I think she makes some great points. The biggest takeaway that most users here need to hear is that if you're going into a relationship with looks being your biggest priority, then it's probably not going to last.

If you're looking for a one night stand just for the experience, then that would make more sense. But otherwise looks alone can't be the foundation of a long-lasting, meaningful relationship.

Definitely agree with that.

She says that her husband isn't attracted to muscular women. I don't know how much of that is truly accurate, but it does bring up the point that when you do meet a muscular woman or reach out to one, you really shouldn't make their looks your point of focus. Plus, you also know that they get that A LOT, and I bet they would appreciate if you deemphasized that and instead look at other things about them.

Jun 24, 2023 - permalink

Yea it's just the same as dating anyone else.

[deleted]
Jun 24, 2023 - permalink

She hits the nail on the female bodybuilder topic. There are some guys on here that just want a female BODYBUILDER, which is such a small demographic. Finding girls with muscle are a whole lot easier. I see a few muscular women where I live, but I think there is only one actual female bodybuilder in my apartment complex. Bodybuilding is a full time job basically so it takes a lot to be supportive to that lifestyle which I don't think people realize.

Jun 27, 2023 - permalink

She hits the nail on the female bodybuilder topic. There are some guys on here that just want a female BODYBUILDER, which is such a small demographic. Finding girls with muscle are a whole lot easier. I see a few muscular women where I live, but I think there is only one actual female bodybuilder in my apartment complex. Bodybuilding is a full time job basically so it takes a lot to be supportive to that lifestyle which I don't think people realize.

I think it also explains why a lot of bodybuilders are in relationships with other bodybuilders. Yeah, looks may be a part of that, but it’s such a dedicated lifestyle that you pretty much need a partner who also shares in it.

Jun 27, 2023 - permalink

I was married to a very muscular woman in my younger years. Just by total luck. I was a lead singer, guitar player, in a local rock band. She approached me, flirted with me throughout our sets, eventually inviting me back to her house. It was winter, so covered up, I had no idea how she was built. OMG, when we got intimate and saw how developed her muscles were, I couldn't even properly perform, in bed. I was TOO turned on...just couldn't last if you know what I mean. That haunted me throughout our 4 year marriage and still does to this day, with a few other buffed women. I've been like this my whole life. The rush of excitement that overcomes me with muscular women, is overwhelming. On one hand, those women were stunned that their muscles could do that to a man. On the other hand, I wasn't the greatest bed partner. 🥴 If I'm being honest, my over stimulation, to buffness, probably freaks out most women...so even meeting one and dating, would probably lead to failure in a relationship.

Jun 27, 2023 - permalink

FBB enlightenment hit me when I realized one thing.

They're just women.

They can be every bit as wonderful and every bit as horrible as all the nonmuscular women out there. But ultimately they're no better or worse than any other woman, aside from physical attraction which is a minor thing in the long run.

Now, there are a few differences: their self-discipline (or maybe obsessiveness) is through the roof and they may have mood fluctuations due to their hormones being out of whack from diet, possibly dehydration, and... "supplementation". And you'd have to work around their gym schedule. But hey, supporting your lady in what she loves to do is part of loving her. Just treat her with the respect due any other lady, and enjoy the muscles if she sticks around.

Jun 27, 2023 - permalink

With all due respect she gives some really crappy advice. Never ask a fish how to fish. The only advice she gives is how to not be a creep. Other than that she is clueless. Like almost all women.

Never watch the video, 12 minutes of your time lost. It is that bad.

Luvembuff hinds the solution "Just by total luck. I was a lead singer, guitar player, in a local rock band. She approached me, flirted with me throughout our sets, eventually inviting me back to her house. "

It was not luck my friend, you were the top man at the event drawing all the attention, she choose the highest value male. She practically thrown herself to you. It is called hypergamy, it is the mating strategy of women. They always go for the highest value man they can get and certainly higher than them.

I have written several other threads on the same topic. It gets tiring to repeat the same things over and over and still men refuse to face reality. Sad.

Jun 27, 2023 - edited Jun 27, 2023 - permalink

With all due respect she gives some really crappy advice. Never ask a fish how to fish. The only advice she gives is how to not be a creep. Other than that she is clueless. Like almost all women.

Never watch the video, 12 minutes of your time lost. It is that bad.

Luvembuff hinds the solution "Just by total luck. I was a lead singer, guitar player, in a local rock band. She approached me, flirted with me throughout our sets, eventually inviting me back to her house. "

It was not luck my friend, you were the top man at the event drawing all the attention, she choose the highest value male. She practically thrown herself to you. It is called hypergamy, it is the mating strategy of women. They always go for the highest value man they can get and certainly higher than them.

I have written several other threads on the same topic. It gets tiring to repeat the same things over and over and still men refuse to face reality. Sad.

Andrew Tate, is that you? How was the Romanian prison food?

Also... no disrespect whatsoever to luvembuff, but as the former guitarist of a local band.. and even one that got to tour Europe and Japan one time... it's very funny to think of hypergamy women considering anyone in our group to be the highest value male.

Like okay... I'll concede that point for Justin Bieber and Drake and even like Post Malone, but local bands don't really get groupies (at least sober ones) falling over themselves to get our "value." It is easier to meet women after the show, but being in the band really just makes for a good conversation starter.

Jun 27, 2023 - edited Jun 27, 2023 - permalink

Andrew Tate was late to the party, he simply popularized decades old terms.

So you are saying that being in a band and performing live offers no advantage to you compared to a spectator.

A man that can pull women can certainly pull FBBs. A man that has limited success with women is even harder to get fitness girls.

Women universally have certain preferences and it is certainly not thirsty men that cheer them when they step onstage like Crystal Antony advises. Not a single sentence in that 12 minute video offers any practical value. She didn't even mention to join a gym. Go to BB shows and scream for your girl, that she doesn't even know that you exist, she says.

Maybe she was trolling.

Jun 27, 2023 - permalink

Andrew Tate was late to the party, he simply popularized decades old terms.

So you are saying that being in a band and performing live offers no advantage to you compared to a spectator.

A man that can pull women can certainly pull FBBs. A man that has limited success with women is even harder to get fitness girls.

Women universally have certain preferences and it is certainly not thirsty men that cheer them when they step onstage like Crystal Antony advises. Not a single sentence in that 12 minute video offers any practical value. She didn't even mention to join a gym. Go to BB shows and scream for your girl, that she doesn't even know that you exist, she says.

Maybe she was trolling.

I was painting you with the Tate brush for the statement "Other than that she is clueless. Like almost all women."

I don't think that most women are clueless. I think that most of them have pretty good advice for matters like this.

Although, I didn't watch that video and I wouldn't be surprised if you're correct that it's worthless. Not because Crystal Anthony is a woman and somehow a fish talking about fishing. But because I've never personally seen her say anything smart.

IDK, I've managed to date quite a few fit and muscular women in my time. Be fit yourself. Be friendly. Talk to them like any other woman. Ask them about themselves and be genuine. Don't fetishize them. I don't think there's any special technique needed.

And like I said, playing in a band helps to break the ice and might make you a bit more of a catch than someone else. But it's not some enormous advantage. The younger me wished that it was though!

Jun 28, 2023 - permalink

Does the creepy guy know he's creepy?

Jun 28, 2023 - permalink

Just listened. I think I watched that video some years ago and probably felt about the same. It's crazy how fast advice - whether good or not-so-good - becomes outdated in the digital era.

For starters, DO NOT go to someone's show just for her unless 1) you receive a specific invite from her or 2) you were already planning to attend for other reasons. That's literally akin to showing up uninvited at her job or gym. Competition day is stressful enough for many competitors as it is.

People in our 40s and 50s have different perspectives on dating than teens, 20-, and 30-somethings. So, we often come off as jaded, boring, sanctimonious or some combination thereof. I'm not a female bodybuilder, but I would say to be authentic, be polite, and shoot your shot. Sometimes, magic happens.

Jun 28, 2023 - permalink

Just listened. I think I watched that video some years ago and probably felt about the same. It's crazy how fast advice - whether good or not-so-good - becomes outdated in the digital era.

For starters, DO NOT go to someone's show just for her unless 1) you receive a specific invite from her or 2) you were already planning to attend for other reasons. That's literally akin to showing up uninvited at her job or gym. Competition day is stressful enough for many competitors as it is.

People in our 40s and 50s have different perspectives on dating than teens, 20-, and 30-somethings. So, we often come off as jaded, boring, sanctimonious or some combination thereof. I'm not a female bodybuilder, but I would say to be authentic, be polite, and shoot your shot. Sometimes, magic happens.

Something that I was a little surprised that she didn’t mention was getting involved in the fitness community. If you get into bodybuilding and compete, you’ll probably get to know other bodybuilders in your area through competitions, expos, coaches and so on. It’s just like networking!

fp909
Jun 28, 2023 - permalink

i don't think it's an issue to go to a show just to see x woman compete, but if you go AND make a big deal about it to her face, and obsessed about it in front of her, or others, you're digging yourself a deeper hole. especially if you have some dumbass

on the note of attraction, i don't have any issue with one of the components of dating being that you're attracted to the woman that you're dating. but this crowd very much tends to pigeonhole themselves into "bodybuilder or bust" and that's where they get in trouble. im watching the bachelorette right now (the reason is not important, THANK YOU) and its so weird to hear a bunch of dudes obsessing over her looks and talking about how "shes gonna be my wife" but they don't know jack squat about her. a lot of commentors open these threads asking "how to get a muscular girl" and they're already stuck on that part.

a lot of dudes are also unwilling to do even the bare minimum like go to the gym, or train like a bodybuilder, or even give up on going to some place like planet fitness vs a place where maybe you'd have a bit more opportunity to run into someone. hopefully the younger guys realize this because there are plenty powerlifting gyms where you can go do your own thing and make friends along the way.

as i'm nearing my mid 30s ive been thinking more about dating and marriage, with not a lot of dating history. i recently sat with some 20 somethings that had all these "demands" for what they want. not too old, not too young etc etc. even watching the bachelorette with a group of women mostly younger than me they were shocked that i was able to rememver some details about some of the contestants--i was paying attention to differeing things and they were mostly worried about how hot he was lol

personally, even though i thought it would have been nice ten years ago, i don't think i'd like to date or marry one. the extreme lifestyle, the drama that has kinda swirled around the fitness community. a fit woman who takes it serious but doesn't care about all the other shit would be nice. but i'm not tied to it anymore. now they're just nice to look at

Jun 28, 2023 - permalink

I feel like these threads pop up every month.

Like there’s a whole population of guys who think there’s some big secret to meeting FBBs that doesn’t involve actually working out and being a part of their community.

How about replacing “FBB” with “professional surfer.”

And then saying… I think female surfers are so hot but I don’t want to surf or go to the beach or get wet.. so what can I do to meet one?!?

Jun 28, 2023 - edited Jun 28, 2023 - permalink

@Gatsby28

Something that I was a little surprised that she didn’t mention was getting involved in the fitness community. If you get into bodybuilding and compete, you’ll probably get to know other bodybuilders in your area through competitions, expos, coaches and so on. It’s just like networking!

@Muscles_Toez

Like there’s a whole population of guys who think there’s some big secret to meeting FBBs that doesn’t involve actually working out and being a part of their community.

Exactly, even the most basic logical action wasn't even mentioned by Crystal. She is clueless, and her advice misleading and totally wrong.

@tre_sayer

Does the creepy guy know he's creepy?

My opinion having met many schmoes orbiting male and female competitors, is yes they know but they don't care.

They have such poor social skills and empathy that they cannot relate to how negatively their creepiness is perceived by others. Crystal's 12minutes of advice is targeted specifically to them.

[deleted]
Jun 29, 2023 - permalink

I am sure it depends. I had a local show in my city that had a bunch of physique competitors. A few of them even made videos leading up to the competition. Well I didn’t go because I didn’t want to seem creepy. Later I spoke to one of the competitors through social media and surprise surprise. She told me she appreciates it when fans come to their shows to meet and greet. *Face palm. No I wasn’t trying to get with this competitor but I was relieved to know that going to a show to support them wouldn’t be viewed as creepy.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »