Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Any FBB's that enjoy being complimented?

Jun 07, 2023 - permalink

Sometimes I'll see women on social media responding positively to comments by guys calling them hot or complimenting their muscles. I always try to contribute by leaving a positive comment when I see that she enjoys it and I'll usually get a like by her or a response saying something like "aw that's so sweet, thanks". You can usually tell by looking at her comments and seeing if she likes or responds to others leaving her compliments about her looks. Does anyone know any women like this?

Jun 07, 2023 - permalink

Pretty much all of them do, but you have to know how to compliment them. Most don’t like the schmoey-fetishy kind of compliments.

I get very positive feedback when I compliment their strength, technique, prep results, mobility and the like. I also reference that I train as well, and I think they appreciate when another lifter appreciates their hard work.

Jun 07, 2023 - permalink

I once left a comment on a YouTube video complimenting her muscles. she liked it and said thanks. but i got 100s of comments calling me weird and gay from random men and women.

[deleted]
Jun 07, 2023 - permalink

I think you can know for SURE but you can never know the other way around unless they’re clear if that makes sense. For example, if she’s enthusiastic, you know for sure. But if she just says ‘thanks!’ she may just be polite and doesn’t want to escalate anything and wants to just move on - that way you can’t really know.

If they’re on Instagram to show off and pose, they’re probably more open to it. If they’re on it for branding and/or fitness instructors and whatnot, maybe not their aim!

Also, great point from Gatsbys comment above, what you compliment is important. Technique could be a good way to be polite and see how they respond. Going straight to saying “sexy biceps!” may not illicit the best response

[deleted]
Jun 07, 2023 - permalink

Hey yotv - sorry that happened. Judgment free zone on this website so hope you are open here! You like what you like and you are who you are and ain’t nuthin wrong with any of that! Also nothing wrong with being weird and/or gay so what the fuck are their problems..?!

cgsweat
Jun 07, 2023 - permalink

I once left a comment on a YouTube video complimenting her muscles. she liked it and said thanks. but i got 100s of comments calling me weird and gay from random men and women.

The subcomments on youtube basically resemble the type of people you see commenting on reddit.

Jun 07, 2023 - permalink

illicit the best response

Elicit is a verb. Illicit is an adjective, synonymous with illegal.

Also nothing wrong with being weird and/or gay

The problem with weird people is that they are hard to relate to, therefore hard to be around, therefore hard to communicate with. There is no hard and fast rule that if A dislikes B, then it's always A's or always B's fault. The people who disliked yotv are stupid because it's a waste of time and effort to repeat "you're weird" or "you're gay" a hundred times.

They're also stupid because their sample size is too small to determine if yotv is weird or gay. If there was sufficient evidence to determine that yotv is in fact weird or gay, I'd have no problem with people calmly disliking him. People are, after all, entitled to personal likes and dislikes and such can be part of a good discussion. But venting, dogpiling and being rude are often signs of immaturity.

Sometimes I'll see women on social media responding positively to comments by guys calling them hot or complimenting their muscles.

There is no getting around the law of supply and demand. Also the fact that often talk is cheap. Except what Gatsby28 said: Some talk requires effort from the one talking and provides value to the one listening. Another example is if those people know each other but the person you wish to compliment doesn't know you.

Jun 08, 2023 - permalink

Gatsby's right, it depends on how you do it. I try to have a sense of humor. I compared Rene Marven to Lou Ferigno on an Awefilms post, and she liked it. Honestly, I think women become numb to the "sexy" and "beautiful" comments.

Jun 08, 2023 - permalink

But you also get women who get an overwhelming number of comments saying they look "manly", "too muscular", or jokes trying to suggest they're a cross dresser and they definitely seem to appreciate the fact that there are guys that find them beautiful.

This woman for example:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsZI_1UNZh-/

She likes every positive comment on all her posts, it could be someone calling her sexy or going as far as calling her a goddess.

Obviously there are women with huge followings that get enough validation but I'm talking about women with smaller followings who might appreciate knowing that there are guys our there that find them attractive.

Jun 08, 2023 - permalink

Those are trolls. Trolls just like stealing a piece of your joy. trolls, can't live with them, can't live without them.

Jun 08, 2023 - permalink

No one considered that this "girl" are just an hired social media account managers that commented by their name

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »