Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

At what age does a FBB achieve her peak physique?

At what age does a FBB achieve her peak physique? (325 total votes)

30 - 34 (106, 32.6%)
25 - 29 (91, 28.0%)
35 - 39 (67, 20.6%)
40 - 44 (30, 9.2%)
18 - 24 (16, 4.9%)
45 - 49 (9, 2.8%)
65 - 69 (3, 0.9%)
50 - 54 (3, 0.9%)
60 - 64 (0, 0.0%)
55 - 59 (0, 0.0%)
cgsweat
Jun 02, 2023 - permalink

This is purely about achieving her own peak muscular potential. At what age do you guys think this usually happens?

Please do not vote with the mentality of "at what age I'd rather bang her" because that's not what I'm asking here.

Jun 02, 2023 - permalink

I feel it has more to do with where each individual athlete is, and how their career pans out. Some burn bright and some go the long haul.

For example, Dani Reardon hit a muscularity peak in her 20s, but Jodi Miller is still climbing higher at 50.

Jun 02, 2023 - permalink

Bodybuilders, both men and women, typically peak around their mid to late 30s. Some continue to flourish into their 40s and well into their 50s.

I find that a lot of bodybuilders who come out very hot and explode in their teens and early 20s burn out relatively quickly.

Jun 02, 2023 - permalink

It is an individual thing: dependent upon inherent precocity, sight upon goals of the long term, sufficient monetary support and psychological/societal support and general health and well-being.

Jun 03, 2023 - permalink

I don't know .but unlike in most sports older people can compete with younger people .like i think gymnastics are cool but once you are 21 it's over. In football you can compete until you are in your late 30s. but i can't think of any other sport where a 50 year old has the advantage over a 20 year old.

Jun 03, 2023 - permalink

In female bodybuilding it seems like mid 40s. Most of the top competitors for years like top 5-6 were all in their 40s or 50s. I think Heather Policky was the only young gun to break the streak in the mid 2000s.

Jun 03, 2023 - permalink

some young ones go overboard with the juice and hit the peak at 19-20, in the future I have a scary suspicion it's gonna happen even more due to the skewed standards sponsored by Social Media™

but, my hopeful answer is still 35-39

Jun 03, 2023 - permalink

This is just like in most sports, most athletes achieve their peak in their late 20s.

Jun 03, 2023 - edited Jun 03, 2023 - permalink

It all depends on when they start. So there is no correct answer. A better question would be "after how many years training does a woman achieve her peak"?. In which case I still wouldn't have the faintest idea 🤔.

cgsweat
Jun 03, 2023 - permalink

The thing to keep in mind here is that bodybuilding is very much a mental sport, almost as much as it is physical. It takes years to figure out how your body responds to training, and how to tweak your training and diet over time for maximum benefit. Even those who have been at it for over 20 years are still discovering ways to improve.

There are two ways you could look at how to answer the question. I pointed out in the original post that I'm wondering what the age of most FBB's are at their peak. This is going to be mostly subjective either way, but you could think of past pro winners (on a national or world stage) and how old they were. Or you could imagine if everyone had the same starting point, what would then be the mostly likely age that they'd peak?

There's also the fact that a lot of users will differ in opinion on what age a specific woman was at her peak. Jodi Miller was brought up earlier. There are those who argue that in her 50's she looks better than she ever did before, while others might think she looked better at a younger age. So uberbabesrule is right, there is no correct answer.

fp909
Jun 05, 2023 - permalink

time is certainly a factor--both age and when you you start.

Natalia Coehlo is a bit of an exception, since she started bodybuilding training so young (as opposed to dicking around in the gym without that specific goal in mind). But a lot of WPD comeptitors are in early 30s/mid 30s, and Andrea Shaw is 39, Angie Yeo is 36, Branka was 39, Helle 46, Margie 43/44. So really at upper bounds of age for size.

i think muscle maturity is real, surely, it takes time and effort to put on quality muscle and keep your health. like I dont' think Michaela Aycock is going to be competing at 30 at this rate given what I'm seeing. And we've seen a few women opt to take at least a year off from any kind of competition action or prep to preserve health and career longevity. Obviously it's beneficial to win as quickly as possible (or place); money aside you can sit around the whole year and not have to worry about qualifying while still having the option to do tune up shows or whatever you want to do. I think this was massive for Brooke Walker both last year and this year, and will be a huge boon to Angie Yeo this year to help her lock in another top 3 finish.

Jun 05, 2023 - permalink

Obviously they’re going to look better in their early 20s, but bodybuilding is already very difficult but the mental and physical stress of making your body so beastly at such a young age almost always results in burnout. I wonder what would’ve happened to Dani Reardon had she taken it at a more coherent speed, especially since she’s such a babyface.

Jun 05, 2023 - permalink

Most of my favorite competitors are in their 30s. They have the best muscle maturity.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »