Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Natalia Kovaleva wins NEW YORK PRO

May 21, 2023 - edited Aug 08, 2023 - permalink

No one сould predict it, Natalia Kovaleva new champion at New York Pro and goes to Olympia in November

Tremendous size

TOP 4

• Natalia Kovaleva

• Julia Whitesel

• Rene Marven

• Donna Williams

Unreal transformation over a year

May 21, 2023 - permalink

Yea she looked amazing here.

May 21, 2023 - permalink

Hottest fbb right now. So beautiful, sexy, huge and insanely muscular.

May 22, 2023 - permalink

Just look at her!

May 22, 2023 - permalink

That was actually one of the closest contests I reckon.

May 22, 2023 - permalink

definitely her moment it's amazing how she's changed looks like a super model now.

May 22, 2023 - permalink

She actually cracked half a smile too…yes I know that’s picky of me

May 22, 2023 - permalink

Her upgraded bolt ons look huge in her side chest pose. No way though she’s beating Andrea Shaw though.

May 22, 2023 - permalink

Her upgraded bolt ons look huge in her side chest pose. No way though she’s beating Andrea Shaw though.

She wrote a post on VK about her bolt ons

"“I love her physique so much, but she has such big breasts…..” - It's just, baby, this is the first thing you turn your eyes to, and now take a closer look, what do you see? I'll tell you: you see a powerful back, a wide chest, on which such a beloved “second size” would look just too small, further: strong arms, core-shaped shoulders, six pack (eight, by the way), beautiful, not fragile legs ... . In this exclusive model, everything is powerful and everything is in place 🖤💋💎."

May 22, 2023 - permalink

I'm going to be blunt about the NY Pro. I've been a fan of women's bodybuilding for 40 years and followed New York based NPC & IFBB for 20 years. Once again, under Steve Weinberger, women's judging criteria (in virtually all categories) is heading in the wrong direction (aesthetically and commercially). Arnold always had a keen sense of what sells. Maybe he was just ahead of me in cutting women's bodybuilding and physique from his show in Columbus. It's just as well I didn't attend this show in person.

May 22, 2023 - permalink

I'm going to be blunt about the NY Pro. I've been a fan of women's bodybuilding for 40 years and followed New York based NPC & IFBB for 20 years. Once again, under Steve Weinberger, women's judging criteria (in virtually all categories) is heading in the wrong direction (aesthetically and commercially). Arnold always had a keen sense of what sells. Maybe he was just ahead of me in cutting women's bodybuilding and physique from his show in Columbus. It's just as well I didn't attend this show in person.

Yet Arnold continues to eliminate female bodybuilding and WP categories from his show despite numbers saying those categories out drew the men's categories in previous shows. Arnold is a hypocrite.

May 23, 2023 - permalink

Didn’t she say a while ago on her IG she wouldn’t compete?

fp909
May 23, 2023 - permalink

Yet Arnold continues to eliminate female bodybuilding and WP categories from his show despite numbers saying those categories out drew the men's categories in previous shows. Arnold is a hypocrite.

likely the "out drew" numbers are so scant that its not worth production of the extra stuff, and brinigng in more bikini and wellness girls vastly increases the draw. at the end of the day it will be about money and even someone pretty heavily muscled like Marissa Andrews will be a bigger draw than anyone on the WBB circuit

May 23, 2023 - permalink

I'm surprised Rene Marven placed in the Top 4. I thought she placed 6th. Not bad for her first show in quite a few years and return to bodybuilding.

fp909
May 23, 2023 - permalink

not surprising, she looks great and has always been competitive. looks better than ever IMO even though i'mnot a bi gimplant fan

May 23, 2023 - permalink

likely the "out drew" numbers are so scant that its not worth production of the extra stuff, and brinigng in more bikini and wellness girls vastly increases the draw. at the end of the day it will be about money and even someone pretty heavily muscled like Marissa Andrews will be a bigger draw than anyone on the WBB circuit

Maybe the women competitions out draw the men’s but it’s the men that probably are the biggest buyers of supplements. It’s all about the money like every else in life and these shows are meant to promote supplements!

May 23, 2023 - permalink

I'm surprised Rene Marven placed in the Top 4. I thought she placed 6th. Not bad for her first show in quite a few years and return to bodybuilding.

thought she deserved 3rd. was definitely better than donna and vera.

May 23, 2023 - permalink

thought she deserved 3rd. was definitely better than donna and vera.

Rene has always been one of my favorites. She has such a charming, bubbly personality, and an absolute gem whenever she pops into Herbicepscam. She's always had a knack for being able to transform and change her body as needed. Not too shabby for somebody who's last competition was in Figure back in 2016.

May 24, 2023 - permalink

I agree. She looked a lot smaller than her old self and her mammoth bolt ons don’t hide her thick waist.

I actually thought the general quality of the show was pretty poor.

fp909
May 24, 2023 - permalink

she downsized a lot from a few years ago. IIRC she had a health issue which interrupted her training back then but considering not everyone in the division is a mass monster she can still place well

May 25, 2023 - permalink

she downsized a lot from a few years ago. IIRC she had a health issue which interrupted her training back then but considering not everyone in the division is a mass monster she can still place well

Yeah, I think 2014 was the biggest I had ever seen her. She was HUGE at the 2014 Omaha. Just massive!

https://contests.npcnewsonline.com/contests/2...

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »