Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

FBB Hotspots: England

May 20, 2023 - edited May 21, 2023 - permalink

Something I am curious about, where in England would you consider to be the “fbb capital”? I heard that the Newcastle-Upon-Tyne region is pretty fitness-crazy.

May 20, 2023 - permalink

In general, Northern England has been providing a large number of BBers, male and female alike and is the location for several BBing organisations such as the NABBA fed, the PCA or the IFBB-affiliated UKBFF. The Midlands area seems to be a hotspot, I even read Birmingham referred as the 'Steroid capital of the UK' but it looks like that spot has been taken down south towards Essex, so who knows.

Not sure how metropolitan London fares though, there are so many old school, commercial and Crossfit gyms that odds to spot a FBB are low but still, there are plenty of them. They also tend to attend several gyms in a single week which obviously doesn't make any happenstance easier.

May 21, 2023 - permalink

The UK seems like a great country for people who want to have a "session"

May 21, 2023 - permalink

London would probably be a quantity over quality thing, being by far the most populous city in the nation would grant higher numbers. %-wise, I think you may be right in that the Midlands have a lot of fbbs

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »