Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Tik tok era

[deleted]
May 20, 2023 - permalink

As a 19 year old guy, seeing fit girls and bodybuilders on tik tok my age as to be such a sight, such as athletes like Brissa Allen, Courtney Crawley, Alyssa Perez, etc. I can help but appreciate tik tok contributing to this generation of female body builders

May 20, 2023 - permalink

Personally I'm not a fan of it.

May 20, 2023 - permalink

Personally I'm not a fan of it.

Why?

May 20, 2023 - permalink

Have to agree. TikTok is amazing. I've discovered so many girls that I wouldn't have seen otherwise.

May 20, 2023 - permalink

I hate tiktok and Instagram because the video are so short .and have earrape torture music and filters that make the video look bad. why don't they use YouTube and make videos longer than 1 minute.

i will say the fbbs on there are so hot i will tolerate it. but it really sucks that the shit platforms always get popular. and you are almost forced to use them.

May 20, 2023 - permalink

I hate tiktok and Instagram because the video are so short .and have earrape torture music and filters that make the video look bad. why don't they use YouTube and make videos longer than 1 minute.

I'm always confused when people present this line of thinking on things. It's of course perfectly fine to have your own opinion on things, so hate away on what you don't like about TikTok all you want and you won't get a complaint from me. What I object to is when people start phrasing their arguments as if everyone else is objectively wrong for not sharing the same opinion. I guarantee every single fbb posting on TikTok is well aware of the existence of YouTube. Which leads to the simple conclusion that the reason they don't use it and make videos longer than 1 minute is...drum roll...because they don't want to! Similarly, the music and filters on a post don't randomly get added by TikTok, they're added by the creators. Which would seem to imply they don't consider them to be "earrape torture" as you do.

I'm sorry that after they've finished with all the hard work and effort they put into their bodies, these women don't then also reach out to ask you for your preferred platform and playlist they should use when they graciously decide to share their results with us. I'm sure they're all deeply concerned about whether or not you'll tolerate it.

May 20, 2023 - permalink

I'm always confused when people present this line of thinking on things. It's of course perfectly fine to have your own opinion on things, so hate away on what you don't like about TikTok all you want and you won't get a complaint from me. What I object to is when people start phrasing their arguments as if everyone else is objectively wrong for not sharing the same opinion. I guarantee every single fbb posting on TikTok is well aware of the existence of YouTube. Which leads to the simple conclusion that the reason they don't use it and make videos longer than 1 minute is...drum roll...because they don't want to! Similarly, the music and filters on a post don't randomly get added by TikTok, they're added by the creators. Which would seem to imply they don't consider them to be "earrape torture" as you do.

I'm sorry that after they've finished with all the hard work and effort they put into their bodies, these women don't then also reach out to ask you for your preferred platform and playlist they should use when they graciously decide to share their results with us. I'm sure they're all deeply concerned about whether or not you'll tolerate it.

They just do it because it's trendy

nbb
May 21, 2023 - permalink

Tiktok is where they are most likely to go viral and grow a following that can be monetized.

Money/sex/power is the answer to 99% of questions

May 21, 2023 - permalink

They just do it because it's trendy

Exactly. Almost as if they're young people and, like most young people, one of their prime motivations is to have fun following trends and fitting in with their peers. Meanwhile, creating ideal viewing content for muscle-loving guys on internet message boards to gawk over is probably pretty far down the list.

While I'm sure there are some who do enjoy and appreciate the attention, my point is just to keep in mind that they're all human beings just living their lives, not all performers dedicated to providing you the content you want. If you want something specific, find someone offering that content and pay them for it if necessary. But don't hate on what amounts to random people dug up on social media for not doing things the way you want them to.

I'm obviously not judging anyone for gawking...I'm right here with the rest of you. It's just good to remember that, paid performers aside, the people featured on this site don't owe us anything.

fp909
May 21, 2023 - permalink

i used to be annoyed by length but honestly the volume is so high. besides, many of us got into this when all we could GET were magazines, sparse tv experiences, or 15 second previews from herbiceps that took an hour to download because it was the dial up era.

May 21, 2023 - permalink

i used to be annoyed by length but honestly the volume is so high. besides, many of us got into this when all we could GET were magazines, sparse tv experiences, or 15 second previews from herbiceps that took an hour to download because it was the dial up era.

Right? It's like opening a free, all you can eat buffet in a starving nation and then having people complain they don't like the music.

May 21, 2023 - permalink

Exactly. Almost as if they're young people and, like most young people, one of their prime motivations is to have fun following trends and fitting in with their peers. Meanwhile, creating ideal viewing content for muscle-loving guys on internet message boards to gawk over is probably pretty far down the list.

While I'm sure there are some who do enjoy and appreciate the attention, my point is just to keep in mind that they're all human beings just living their lives, not all performers dedicated to providing you the content you want. If you want something specific, find someone offering that content and pay them for it if necessary. But don't hate on what amounts to random people dug up on social media for not doing things the way you want them to.

I'm obviously not judging anyone for gawking...I'm right here with the rest of you. It's just good to remember that, paid performers aside, the people featured on this site don't owe us anything.

No one made any of the claims you're disputing here, so this lecture is really out of place. They just expressed an opinion or a wish.

May 21, 2023 - permalink

No one made any of the claims you're disputing here, so this lecture is really out of place. They just expressed an opinion or a wish.

I definitely went way more lecture-y and overboard than I intended to or was called for, so I apologize to all for that. I just get a bit triggered when I see opinions framed as something more than opinion, like "why don't they use YouTube and make longer videos?"...in my mind it goes up there with statements like "what was she thinking getting tattoos, her body is totally ruined!"

Anyway, I'll shut up now.

May 21, 2023 - permalink

So I'm not the biggest fan of TikTok fitness, but for reasons outside of the fetish itself and more within my passion for fitness and healthy living.

I don't like TikTok because it promotes unrealistic expectations amongst people who watch those influencers. There are so many young (sometimes not even an adult yet) influencers who are using PEDs heavily and all the while promoting bullshit fitness advice and offering coaching and nutrition programs despite not having any qualifications to do so. I love lifting and I always advocate for proper nutrition, but it frustrates me to see younger and younger people start pumping the drugs hard. And there's also the issues of body dysmorphia that runs rampant within those circles, and I only see it getting worse through TikTok.

So yeah, a bit of a bummer take but I've been feeling that for awhile.

May 21, 2023 - permalink

Still a better take than saying that you don’t like it because you don’t like the music and the video length lol

May 21, 2023 - permalink

People getting salty because i don't like an inferior platfrom.

May 21, 2023 - permalink

Yea but we have had YouTube since 2005 so tictok feels like a downgrade. everything is better than the pre internet era.

fp909
May 21, 2023 - permalink

So I'm not the biggest fan of TikTok fitness, but for reasons outside of the fetish itself and more within my passion for fitness and healthy living.

I don't like TikTok because it promotes unrealistic expectations amongst people who watch those influencers. There are so many young (sometimes not even an adult yet) influencers who are using PEDs heavily and all the while promoting bullshit fitness advice and offering coaching and nutrition programs despite not having any qualifications to do so. I love lifting and I always advocate for proper nutrition, but it frustrates me to see younger and younger people start pumping the drugs hard. And there's also the issues of body dysmorphia that runs rampant within those circles, and I only see it getting worse through TikTok.

there were always unrealistic expecations. the expectations got on major steroids starting in 2012

May 21, 2023 - permalink

there were always unrealistic expecations. the expectations got on major steroids starting in 2012

I feel like those expectations have been “unrealistic” ever since bodybuilders started using steroids, male or female, if not before.

fp909
May 21, 2023 - permalink

they were, but they didn't have the reach the do starting with the IG years. even facebook was rather tame, and bb.com forums rather contained

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »