Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

UKTV:BBC Gladiators re-launch

May 19, 2023 - edited May 19, 2023 - permalink

So the BBC is bringing back the TV show Gladiators. So far, the female camp is lacking in any real muscle. They do have an ex rugby player but … disappointing so far in my opinion-what do you think?

Fire

Fury

Diamond

May 19, 2023 - permalink

Hmm, not looking great for muscle. Maybe just bring back Lightning (Kim Betts)?!

May 19, 2023 - permalink

Diamond looks like has potential

May 19, 2023 - permalink

Strong legs for sure…but doesn’t appear to have thick muscle. I think the woke BBC are too afraid to have a muscular woman on their show

May 19, 2023 - permalink

She's already featured on this site her real name is Livi Sheldon. Too skinny for my liking but better than the average girl to be honest.

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/?name=...

May 19, 2023 - permalink

She's already featured on this site her real name is Livi Sheldon. Too skinny for my liking but better than the average girl to be honest.

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/?name=...

Yes those are better photos. Definitely stronger than the average girl…and possibly guy for that matter. I agree with you-would have been good to see/have a bit more Muscle.

May 19, 2023 - permalink

They will find a way to mess it up knowing the modern UK.

[deleted]
May 19, 2023 - permalink

Yep,I agree! Can’t beat the original American Gladiators! Especially ICE!😍😍🔥🔥🔥🔥

May 19, 2023 - permalink

So the BBC is bringing back the TV show Gladiators. So far, the female camp is lacking in any real muscle. They do have an ex rugby player but … disappointing so far in my opinion-what do you think?

Fire

Fury

Diamond

Lacking any real muscle? Are you kidding?

All three are clearly fit and muscular. Again, I think sites like this give us a warped view of what is “muscular” for a woman. We’re so used to seeing juiced lifters that when we see a muscular woman that is “natty achievable,” we go “meh.”

And no, it is not indicative of being “woke.” I swear people who use that word have no clue what it means 🤦‍♂️

May 19, 2023 - permalink

Lacking any real muscle? Are you kidding?

All three are clearly fit and muscular. Again, I think sites like this give us a warped view of what is “muscular” for a woman. We’re so used to seeing juiced lifters that when we see a muscular woman that is “natty achievable,” we go “meh.”

And no, it is not indicative of being “woke.” I swear people who use that word have no clue what it means 🤦‍♂️

Interesting.

May 19, 2023 - permalink

They will find a way to mess it up knowing the modern UK.

Yep I think you are right. ITV seemed to get it right, Sky messed it up and I think BBC….I hope I’m proved wrong.

May 19, 2023 - permalink

Yep,I agree! Can’t beat the original American Gladiators! Especially ICE!😍😍🔥🔥🔥🔥

The American Gladiators-the original & the best-now they had the right idea in my opinion!

May 19, 2023 - permalink

If in the UK, casting Lisa Cross, Emily Brand, etc. would really be something

May 19, 2023 - permalink

Wow that would be awesome! 💪🏼

May 20, 2023 - edited May 20, 2023 - permalink

Strong legs for sure…but doesn’t appear to have thick muscle. I think the woke BBC are too afraid to have a muscular woman on their show

What does this even mean? Surely the "woke" people would be more likely to show muscle women? It's usually ultra conservatives who get weirded out by it.

As for the girls, they've clearly gone for overall fitness rather than just people who look big so it will be interesting to see the nature of the challenges. Rugby players are incredibly fit and will dominate any regular women. Similarly the other girl is a former Olympic sprinter so will obviously be all over anything where speed and quick reactions are involved.

May 20, 2023 - permalink

What does this even mean? Surely the "woke" people would be more likely to show muscle women? It's usually ultra conservatives who get weirded out by it.

As for the girls, they've clearly gone for overall fitness rather than just people who look big so it will be interesting to see the nature of the challenges. Rugby players are incredibly fit and will dominate any regular women. Similarly the other girl is a former Olympic sprinter so will obviously be all over anything where speed and quick reactions are involved.

Good points.

May 20, 2023 - permalink

Wow that would be awesome! 💪🏼

Late night version 👍

May 20, 2023 - permalink

Unless they turn out to be completely useless at the events. Emily Brand is only 5'2" and 140lbs, she is likely to be flattened by many of the contenders in any of the head to head contests.

May 20, 2023 - permalink

I think there’s a good reason that some of the more successful gladiators from the original ITV series were Lightning, Jet and Vogue - they were strong from their gymnastic backgrounds, not just that they looked strong. Of course a bit of natural good looks never hurts

May 20, 2023 - permalink

All time fav was jet

May 22, 2023 - permalink

Unless they turn out to be completely useless at the events. Emily Brand is only 5'2" and 140lbs, she is likely to be flattened by many of the contenders in any of the head to head contests.

Yeah I am a big Emily brand fan but she would get destroyed by a 5'10 185lbs girl who played rugby or similar

[deleted]
May 22, 2023 - permalink

Ah Jet!😍😍🔥🔥 She was the only one I liked with the British version. I still didn’t watch it though,still preferred the American Version! But yes,Jet was gorgeous,still is!!🥰🥰🥰🔥🔥🔥🔥

May 22, 2023 - edited May 22, 2023 - permalink

The American version was the best, but when they did a world gladiators show I think Germany and some other countries had a good mix of big muscle and smaller athletes.

May 25, 2023 - permalink

Sheli McCoy just been announced as another uk gladiator

https://www.instagram.com/cfsheli/?hl=en-gb

May 25, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by Mightyhop
« first < prev Page 1 of 3 next > last »