Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Vladislava Galagan Article

May 07, 2023 - permalink

Yeah agreed.

I’m glad that this site doesn’t have:

1) Transphobes

2) Men who are upset when women profit from their bodies

3) Commenters who are insecure about their sexuality

If we did then man, these forums would be a real pain in the ass at times!

Oh wait…

"I am mad because people don't have the same views as me"

May 07, 2023 - permalink

"I am mad because people don't have the same views as me"

Well I’m tolerant, I support people to being who they are and loving who they choose, I treat women with respect, and I don’t sexually objectify them unless it’s consensual.

I’m just being a decent human. So yeah, I’m mad when people don’t have those same views.

fp909
May 07, 2023 - edited May 07, 2023 - permalink

Well I’m tolerant, I support people to being who they are and loving who they choose.

So the tolerance is selective, which is not the tolerance I was raised with

Edit: sorry doing this in traffic, but I don’t mean this to include the LCDs in comment sections on daily mail or YouTube. I’m talking about your average person who isn’t chronically online

May 07, 2023 - permalink

So the tolerance is selective, which is not the tolerance I was raised with

Edit: sorry doing this in traffic, but I don’t mean this to include the LCDs in comment sections on daily mail or YouTube. I’m talking about your average person who isn’t chronically online

Well tolerance is selective by nature, is it not?

Like I’m definitely very intolerant of nazis, and bigots and pedophiles and charlatans. I would hope that most decent people would share this measure of intolerance?

What kind of tolerance were your raised with? Genuinely curious where we differ on this.

May 07, 2023 - permalink

Well I’m tolerant, I support people to being who they are and loving who they choose, I treat women with respect, and I don’t sexually objectify them unless it’s consensual.

I’m just being a decent human. So yeah, I’m mad when people don’t have those same views.

"I’m just being a decent human. So yeah, I’m mad when people don’t have those same views."

Or maybe you'd just understand that people see social issues in this world differently from you? It's very easy to argue why pedophiles should be hated but I am not not sure why people have to be so polarised by the social and political opinions of others in the 21st century.

May 07, 2023 - edited May 07, 2023 - permalink

"I’m just being a decent human. So yeah, I’m mad when people don’t have those same views."

Or maybe you'd just understand that people see social issues in this world differently from you? It's very easy to argue why pedophiles should be hated but I am not not sure why people have to be so polarised by the social and political opinions of others in the 21st century.

I don’t get what you two are driving at, really. Would be helpful if you specially told me what you disagree with.

I think that the negative comments made about Slava are mean-spirited, horrible statements by small minded people. Straight up.

The site is called girls with muscle, and they’re saying needlessly insulting things about a very nice girl with muscle who chooses to look this way, harms no one, and has a huge fan base.

Am I the only one who’s upset by this? Kind of figured we’d all be of the same mind. Talking s—t about a muscular girl isn’t a social or political opinion the last time that I checked.

And it’s fine for people to not be attracted to her. I’m not attracted to really skinny girls with huge boobs. Doesn’t mean I spend all day leaving nasty comments about them. Because that’s simply not what decent people do.

May 08, 2023 - permalink

I remember her camming days, was so hot

May 10, 2023 - permalink

All hand-wringing in this thread aside, that actually is a balanced comment thread. For pretty much every "Horrid , not feminine at all" and some women getting their digs in, you get a "Strong and beautiful", interspersed with comments about supplemental help and some schmoes. There's even even some fair-minded bits like "not my cup of tea, but you have to admire her dedication", "not for everyone but i think she looks great" or "Beautiful face, I can appreciate the hard work it takes to get a body like that, but its not for me".

So, in essence, much ado about nothing just because reality once again shattered the fantasy often bandied about here, that women with muscle are becoming some sort of norm.

I've come to the conclusion that after four decades of exposure to female bodybuilders, society has had plenty of time to make up its mind, and the needle isn't likely to move much.

Ding, ding, we have a winner here.

Sheer number of transphobe comments in there kind of tells you the demographic. Those comments basically read as the old white person with sunglasses posing for a smile-less selfie in the front seat of a car meme.

Transphobia bad, racism and ageism good, then?

Like I’m definitely very intolerant of nazis, and bigots and pedophiles and charlatans. I would hope that most decent people would share this measure of intolerance?

You didn't include communists, moral relativists, rapists and some other dyscivic -ists in your list, so that looks more like virtue-signaling ideologuery rather than being a decent person, really.

Life is so much better when you just worry about your own problems and enjoy the things that you enjoy.

That's not bad advice. You might want to take it. Or maybe consider that sharing one's opinion and views on things one dislikes is a natural part of said life, unless you're a hermit.

And it’s fine for people to not be attracted to her. I’m not attracted to really skinny girls with huge boobs. Doesn’t mean I spend all day leaving nasty comments about them.

Who spent all day leaving nasty comments about anyone? Your participation in this thread already exceeds the output of 99% of the individuals commenting in that article. "Decent humans" also don't carry on espousing their virtue, decrying and overstating what others have done just because their opinions don't align.

May 10, 2023 - permalink

Oh snap, you saw my virtue signaling a mile away! But to clarify:

1. You're correct, I didn't make an exhaustive list of all the things I don't tolerate. Interesting that saying I don't tolerate nazis, bigots, pedophiles and charlatans is "virtue-signaling" though. I would think that hating these groups is easy, but IDK maybe you're just more of a tolerant sort than I am.

2. I was referring to the comments on the Daily Mail article, not the ones here. Though it's interesting to see people defend mean and nasty statements made about - literally - the most attractive muscle girl in the entire scene rn. But go for and "both sides" all you want.

May 11, 2023 - permalink

Interesting that saying I don't tolerate nazis, bigots, pedophiles and charlatans is "virtue-signaling" though.

Not as interesting as you disingenuously trying to conflate the people who commented in that article into some of those categories, trying to pass it off as you just being a good, decent person.

I was referring to the comments on the Daily Mail article, not the ones here.

So was I. I even quoted some. Where's the confusion?

Though it's interesting to see people defend mean and nasty statements made about - literally - the most attractive muscle girl in the entire scene rn.

You seem to be under the impression that there's some sort of hivemind here that must jump to the defense of yon brawny maiden, and that everyone in this site thinks and feels the way you do. No wonder you make such absolute statements so freely...

May 11, 2023 - permalink

I don't care what anyone else thinks.

To me, she's hot as fuck, and the numbers prove she's #1 in the world among female muscle customers (people who pay for content). The fact that there is a segment of that population who DO NOT have her #1 or even in their top 100 is both inconsequential and totally OK. No one has to love anyone! The data is what it is and data doesn't care about feelings.

But also, people also have the right to choose the following: "If it does not apply, slide on by."

May 11, 2023 - permalink

Standing up for people who say hurtful things about a beautiful and successful musclegirl like "You may as well date men if you're attracted to that body." and "Puke inducing body" is a weird flex, but you guys do you.

Everyone has the right to choose. Personally, I'm super turned off when girls are overweight. Even a bit overweight. I recognize that this is my preference and it's no reflection on them as people, and I'm entitled to like Vladislava a lot more than a woman who's a little heavy.

When a plus size model gets a write up, there's a huge distinction between me posting something like "she's not my type" and "OMG WHO PUT THIS GROSS FAT TUB OF LARD ON HERE... you're crazy if you find THAT attractive!!!"

There's a polite way to speak of others and an impolite one, and that's not "woke" or "politically correct," it's just being someone who's not an asshole. If people are gonna be impolite about Slava or another muscle girl or an overweight girl, then yeah I'm gonna judge them for it.

May 11, 2023 - permalink

Standing up for people who say hurtful things about a beautiful and successful musclegirl like "You may as well date men if you're attracted to that body." and "Puke inducing body" is a weird flex

Definitely not as weird a flex as you flinging "small minded" and "transphobes" around, while typing the most racist, self-loathing jeremiad under the delusion that it somehow makes you look virtuous.

If people are gonna be impolite about Slava or another muscle girl or an overweight girl, then yeah I'm gonna judge them for it.

What happened to "life is so much better when you just worry about your own problems and enjoy the things that you enjoy"?

May 11, 2023 - permalink

Definitely not as weird a flex as you flinging "small minded" and "transphobes" around, while typing the most racist, self-loathing jeremiad under the delusion that it somehow makes you look virtuous.

What happened to "life is so much better when you just worry about your own problems and enjoy the things that you enjoy"?

Actually "small minded" and "transphobe" are pretty much synonyms. The go together like peanut butter & jelly.

I'd love to know exactly what racist comments I made? The one where I said that white people make up majority of hateful, negative online trolls on the Daily Mail? That's actually very easily proven as the majority of their readership is composed of whites over 50. Admittedly, we can't know who's making the comments and maaaaaaaaaaybe all the incredibly rude comments about Slava are possibly made by the non-white minority of readers, but let's just say that's not likely.

Anyway, I'm pretty white, so I feel free to talk about my people and call them out when need be. And need be pretty frequently these days.

May 11, 2023 - permalink

Actually "small minded" and "transphobe" are pretty much synonyms. The go together like peanut butter & jelly.

I'd love to know exactly what racist comments I made? The one where I said that white people make up majority of hateful, negative online trolls on the Daily Mail? That's actually very easily proven as the majority of their readership is composed of whites over 50. Admittedly, we can't know who's making the comments and maaaaaaaaaaybe all the incredibly rude comments about Slava are possibly made by the non-white minority of readers, but let's just say that's not likely.

Anyway, I'm pretty white, so I feel free to talk about my people and call them out when need be. And need be pretty frequently these days.

It's racist to try to make a thread - intended to be Slava-centric - about you. There. It had to be said.

fp909
May 11, 2023 - permalink

let's get back on topic instead of now targeted comments

May 12, 2023 - permalink

If I may ask for fp909's forbearance, I will let a simple quote speak for itself to address the above points and refrain from personal attacks, and make a larger point about the article and the comments:

I'd love to know exactly what racist comments I made? The one where I said that white people make up majority of hateful, negative online trolls on the Daily Mail?

"As a white person, I can say that my people probably make up the majority of all hateful, ignorant, and bigoted online morons out there. Your Korean half is gonna have to wake up early and possibly get a partial lobotomy if you want to be as spectacularly dumb as the average white boomer."

The majority of people don't appreciate Galagan's level of muscularity, and some of those commenters expressed their disgust by saying she reminds them of a man. Not out of "transphobia", but because an insult is supposed to be something the other person doesn't want to be or wouldn't like being, much like "moron". Unless we're also willing to assume that people who call others "moron" are eugenicists who have a phobia of people with mild intellectual disability.

May 12, 2023 - permalink

It's alright fp909, I'm done.

Man, I hope Slava never happens upon this thread.

« first < prev Page 2 of 2 next > last »