Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

RIP Laura Delava, 18 years old Powerlifter

Apr 27, 2023 - permalink

She broke the powerlifting record for her age group last September. She passed away from a severe infection. Just a kid of 18 years old.

Apr 27, 2023 - permalink

That is sad she was from my country too. there are not many strong women here.

Apr 27, 2023 - permalink

Apparently, the infection was so bad it killed her within 24 hours. What could it have been?

Apr 27, 2023 - permalink

This is truly sad news. But how come, only 18?

Apr 27, 2023 - permalink

From what I have gathered from the Belgian press, her father has stated that she died of "une infection myocardiac". I think that, translated from the layperson mis-understanding, is that she died of Myocardial Infarction. Typically, this heart condition can kill within 24 hours of onset.

cgsweat
Apr 27, 2023 - permalink

I think that, translated from the layperson mis-understanding, is that she died of Myocardial Infarction.

A heart attack, in layman's terms.

Apr 27, 2023 - permalink

Yes! Quite so cgsweat. And in someone so young, very sad indeed.

Apr 27, 2023 - permalink

Heart attack at 18. That’s just, wow 😞. May she RIP

Apr 28, 2023 - edited Apr 28, 2023 - permalink

It might also be Sepsis... Blood infection. If you don't get medical care very fast it is really serious. I got it summer 2021, was in hospital for 10 weeks getting antibiotic intravenously every 3 hour, but still the bacteria "ate" my heart valve which had to be replaced from a calf.The heart surgery took about 9 hrs, but I was really lucky, survived and is so thankful for a second chance in life, enjoying every single day.

Poor girl, aged 18, it's not OK. RIP

Apr 28, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Apr 28, 2023 - permalink

Sepsis infection.

Apr 28, 2023 - permalink

To point it out, it was myocarditis. No infarction, no " heart attack " or whatever.

Apr 28, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Apr 28, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Apr 28, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Apr 28, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Apr 28, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Apr 28, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Apr 28, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
cgsweat
Apr 28, 2023 - permalink

Let's not politicize this thread. Users are welcome to pay their respects for the unfortunate and untimely death of an 18 year old girl.

Comments continuing the political debate below my comment will be deleted.

Apr 28, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by nubreed000
Jun 22, 2023 - permalink

It might also be Sepsis... Blood infection. If you don't get medical care very fast it is really serious. I got it summer 2021, was in hospital for 10 weeks getting antibiotic intravenously every 3 hour, but still the bacteria "ate" my heart valve which had to be replaced from a calf.The heart surgery took about 9 hrs, but I was really lucky, survived and is so thankful for a second chance in life, enjoying every single day.

Poor girl, aged 18, it's not OK. RIP

Poor calf as he also wanted to live just like you. You would think by now they could use an artificial valve.

Thread locked by Chainer.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »