Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Influencer boxing event by Kingpyn

Apr 24, 2023 - permalink

I have to say, although it wasn't what I was hoping for, it didn't suck either. Other than Whitney Johns, I had not heard of any of the people beforehand, but the promo clip of Jully Poca vs Danielle Hemsley had me thinking it was the real-deal between a couple of brash, young amateur fighters.

It even got spiced up a little more in the days leading up to the contest with a corner of the internet raising suspicions about Jully's biological sex.

It was a cheap PPV and I felt that I got a fair value.

Apr 24, 2023 - permalink

Whitney Johns got ROCKED. I'm a bit surprised the ref didn't stop the fight.

Apr 25, 2023 - permalink

Whitney Johns got ROCKED. I'm a bit surprised the ref didn't stop the fight.

I was really blown away by how tough the lesser fighters were. Even the one who kept turning away hung in there and kept coming back for more. The ability to take a punch is one of the greatest attributes any fighter can have, so to see non-fighters display that either-you-have-it-or-you-don't skill was really impressive.

Apr 25, 2023 - permalink

I was really blown away by how tough the lesser fighters were. Even the one who kept turning away hung in there and kept coming back for more. The ability to take a punch is one of the greatest attributes any fighter can have, so to see non-fighters display that either-you-have-it-or-you-don't skill was really impressive.

I box, and I agree with you. Granted, when I started it was hard to not flinch/turn away when my opponent threw shots to the head, but I eventually got used to it. I think most people who train struggle at some degree with it, but when it comes to sticking with it and being able to take a punch, it's something you either have or don't.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »