Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Bodybuilding Hall of Fame

cgsweat
Apr 13, 2023 - permalink

At first I didn't think there was a HoF for bodybuilders, but apparently the IFBB established one in 1999. Unfortunately, they haven't had any new inductees since 2011...

What do you guys think? Should there be a HoF (not counting the one IFBB created and then neglected)? Who should and shouldn't be in it? Looking at the list in the link above, did IFBB miss any obvious names, as it pertains to female bodybuilding?

cgsweat
Apr 18, 2023 - permalink

Wow, absolutely no one gives a shit. I guess determining gender is more important...

Apr 18, 2023 - permalink

Iris Kyle will have to be inducted at some point.

Maybe Andrea Shaw? Mainly because her muscle building genetics rivals that of even most men.

Apr 19, 2023 - permalink

Aleesha young maybe.

Apr 19, 2023 - permalink

What about athletes from other categories? I can't imagine Shanique Grant not being in some sort of Hall of Fame. She had an INSANE physique.

Apr 19, 2023 - permalink

Denise Hoshor hands down. Her physique is beyond gorgeous.

Apr 19, 2023 - permalink

I think the obvious bodybuilder inclusions are:

Iris

Yaxeni

Andrea

Margie

Alina

Helle

Irene

Sheila

The almost bodybuilder inclusions are:

Shanique

DLB

Julianna

Natalia

Sarah V

Apr 19, 2023 - permalink

Definitely agree with Yaxeni and Alina.

Apr 19, 2023 - edited Apr 19, 2023 - permalink

Sandy Riddell, who was robbed of being Ms O in 1989 by a ridiculous judging decision.

Apr 19, 2023 - permalink

Betty Pariso

cgsweat
Apr 19, 2023 - permalink

What about athletes from other categories? I can't imagine Shanique Grant not being in some sort of Hall of Fame. She had an INSANE physique.

If they ever decide to create a Women's Physique HoF, I'm sure she be one of the first inductees.

I also wouldn't be surprised, given how indistinguishable the two divisions have become, if they decide to just combine them.

But.... IFBB would have to get off their asses first...

Apr 21, 2023 - permalink

Cory Everson would be there. I'd add Marja Lehtonen. Do you know if the IFBB included NPC competitors also? I would guess maybe some people competed in NPC contests, and not in an IFBB contest. Was Jan Tana under the auspices of IFBB or NPC, or independent?

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »