Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

"Managed" OF accounts - turn off? or turn-on?

Do you like "managed" OF accounts? (87 total votes)

No, they are too impersonal for me (64, 73.6%)
I don't really care as long as I get what I pay for (18, 20.7%)
Yes, I don't mind the sexy spam, even for overpriced content (5, 5.7%)
Apr 10, 2023 - permalink

The rise of the "managed" OF account culture has been wild to witness.

Are muscle fans really into it? I'm obviously anti-, but what does the market say?

cgsweat
Apr 10, 2023 - permalink

A resounding no for me.

One of the reasons I like Angela Yeo's OF so much is that she personally responds to our messages. She cares about and enjoys what she does so the content she puts out doesn't feel forced.

Reasons I don't like those pages managed by a middle man:

1. I don't really care to speak with another dude on her behalf.
  2. The lack of interaction from her makes her seem like she doesn't give a shit about her fans.
  3. More than likely any customs you ask for are going to be half-assed and may or may not have anything to do with what you paid for, because again (see #2).
  4. And lastly they tend to charge more because unless this "manager" is just a simp volunteer, then he's probably getting a cut of that money.
Apr 10, 2023 - permalink

That sounds so lame .i already don't like only fans .and this just adds another layer of fakness.

Apr 11, 2023 - edited Apr 11, 2023 - permalink

I'm just a casual OF user so maybe not fully qualified to express myself on this, but they are definition a turn off.

I'm thinking that mainly OF success is the direct connection with your fav content creator. If this is missing, the game is over.

Well, they can fake it, but... So boring, cmon, just like in real life?! Lol

Apr 11, 2023 - permalink

"Do you like my new pics Daddy"?

Lol, cringe! The best OF accounts continue to be the ones where the performer is personally running things, by far. Personality is half the bargain now days, at least as far as I am concerned.

Apr 11, 2023 - permalink

"Do you like my new pics Daddy"?

Lol, cringe! The best OF accounts continue to be the ones where the performer is personally running things, by far. Personality is half the bargain now days, at least as far as I am concerned.

I fucking hate that word “daddy.” Ugh cringe

Anyway, I would say turnoff. The trend of using managers and shit kind of reminds me of what happened with Airbnb. When it started, it was just homeowners who has another property or a room they could rent out for some extra cash. Now, you have professional investors who buy properties just for that. With OF, it sounds like it was intended to just be for content creators, but now it’s more “corporate” (for lack of a better word) with creators having managers or other people interact with customers. I do get that when you have a lot of subscribers to interact with, it can be extremely time consuming, but it still is kind of lousy.

Apr 11, 2023 - permalink

I fucking hate that word “daddy.” Ugh cringe

Anyway, I would say turnoff. The trend of using managers and shit kind of reminds me of what happened with Airbnb. When it started, it was just homeowners who has another property or a room they could rent out for some extra cash. Now, you have professional investors who buy properties just for that. With OF, it sounds like it was intended to just be for content creators, but now it’s more “corporate” (for lack of a better word) with creators having managers or other people interact with customers. I do get that when you have a lot of subscribers to interact with, it can be extremely time consuming, but it still is kind of lousy.

Alternatively, many girls on onlyfans simply don't want to interact with creepy simps. Hiring someone to manage their account puts a level of separation between themselves and their userbase. A lot of people here will say that they just want to send nice messages and interact with someone they admire and maybe that's true for them, but it certainly isn't for a large percentage of onlyfans users.

Is that disingenuous? Sure, but that's the nature of parasocial relationships. They're inherently dishonest because it's a purely transactional relationship that's disguised as being more personal to create attachment. I've never subscribed to anybody's onlyfans, but I have a lot of friends who create content and I'll just say that the default assumption should be that the account is managed. If that's upsetting to anybody reading this, then they may be part of the problem.

Apr 13, 2023 - permalink

It bothers me deeply that the onlyfans account holder doesn't personally respond to my messages, and instead an account manager does, pitiful. And I've already caught more than one in that.

Chainer
Apr 14, 2023 - permalink

One of the more one-sided poll results we've ever had.

fp909
Apr 15, 2023 - permalink

A bit no

Apr 15, 2023 - permalink

I don't care, I'm only there for the content. I'm not trying to have a conversation with them.

Also, this isn't anything new. I know session wrestlers who had men manage their emails and bookings well over a decade ago.

Apr 16, 2023 - permalink

Onlyfans has long become a dumping ground for spamming... You can count on your fingers how many more or less adequate accounts are left.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »