Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

UK Gladiators star Falcon (Bernadette Hunt) dies aged 59

Apr 07, 2023 - permalink

Gladiators star Bernadette Hunt has died at age 59, it has been announced.

Hunt took on the persona of Falcon in the hit Nineties series, which saw everyday contestants battling against a “Gladiator” in a series of physical challenges, in front of an arena audience.

Falcon first appeared on the programme in season two in 1993, and was a regular cast member until her departure in 1999.

In a Facebook post from Hunt’s sister’s partner, Rick Jango, Hunt was revealed to have died after living with cancer for several years.

“It is with great sadness that I have to tell you of my partner's younger sister, Bernadette Hunt,” the post begins.

“Most people will remember her as ‘Falcon’ from the hit TV Show Gladiators.

“I had the privilege to be in her company a few times and I have to say she was one of the most loveliest people I have ever met.”

The announcement continues with a tribute to her friendly and positive demeanour.

“She never had a bad word to say about anyone, indeed she was always known as the nicest ‘Gladiator’, always stopping to speak and sign autographs for anyone.

“She had been battling cancer for a number of years until sadly she lost her fight. RIP Bernie.”

cgsweat
Apr 07, 2023 - permalink

Well-worded. Thanks for keeping us informed.

RIP Bernie.

Apr 07, 2023 - permalink

That's a terrible shock. She was my fave, always flexing her biceps! RIP.

Apr 08, 2023 - permalink

O that's terrible , I was a fan

Apr 09, 2023 - permalink

Her and Jett my favourites , terrible , so young

Apr 09, 2023 - permalink

Lol and after

May 30, 2023 - permalink

Sad that she has gone, I hope her family find peace. She entertained millions here in the UK and will be remembered certainly by me for setting the bar high for all that come after her.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »