Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Is it legitimate to send a fan letter to a bodybuilder

Mar 24, 2023 - permalink

I'm just very wanted to send a DM on facebook to couple of i follwed for years ,just wanted to tell them i'm a big fan , no more then that. Just afraid how they'll percived it. What is your opinion?

Mar 24, 2023 - permalink

As long as you're sending a compliment, and it's not bootlicking or sth like "HEADLOCK ME PLEASE", it should be nice to receive fan mail. I'm guessing that a lot of famous fbbs might be a little tired of too much attention, but in such cases, at the very worst, they won't respond.

So go for it.

fp909
Mar 24, 2023 - permalink

they don't mind this at all.

just don't be weird. and don't ask for anything.

cgsweat
Mar 24, 2023 - permalink

just don't be weird. and don't ask for anything.

I'm guessing 3 paragraphs about her feet and then asking for nudes out of gratitude for her biggest fan isn't the way to go.

Mar 24, 2023 - permalink

I wouldn't bother. some like it but a lot of them will block you no matter how polite you are.

Mar 24, 2023 - permalink

Send her a dick pic. Always a great way to break the ice.

Mar 24, 2023 - permalink

Don't waste your time. Check out your gym or go to an IFBB show.

Mar 24, 2023 - permalink

I wouldn't bother. some like it but a lot of them will block you no matter how polite you are.

Yeah, you're wrong.

It's all about the approach. Be respectful, not overly wordy, and for Zuul's sake don't say anything that could be fetishistic.

Mar 24, 2023 - permalink

Looking for someone who won't say anything that could be "fetishistic" is like Diogenes with his lantern looking for an honest man. Ain't happening. ;-)

Mar 24, 2023 - permalink

Hey have you thought the person asking the question is some 13 year old kid with his first crush.

Mar 25, 2023 - permalink

Works every time!

Mar 25, 2023 - permalink

Send a letter and then when you get told you can't see them from less than 300 feet step up your game and get a plane with a banner. They love the commitment.

Mar 25, 2023 - permalink

As someone who receives hundreds of messages a day, I’d highly suggest writing a nice letter that is DIFFERENT and unique that you feel represents you. Formally to her through kindness and something people may not usually say. I get fans all the time writing letters about my feet or biceps. Try implement other ways you feel would capture her attention. Try stay away from any nude topics, steroid topics, and don’t start with a topic on her biceps / pecs. Eg - I love heavy metal and even just bringing up a topic that is dear to her that you find different, it would benefit your chances in her seeing it for a hobby or interest she loves that’s outside of bodybuilding. Defs works for me. Maybe bring up her bodybuilding interest later on if you have a convo with her to keep the convo going at a respectful manner.

Some woman may find that talking about the subject including her pecs or glutes could be a a put off to her unless she brings it up.

If a woman has a high following and has a manager running the account, you most likely won’t receive a message back unless your very lucky. Best of luck. 🤟🏼

Mar 25, 2023 - permalink

Well I have friended a number on Facebook. In some instances, well I gather they realize I have followed the sport well for quite awhile. Albeit off and on. And with some of the more relatively recent ones, though recent is relative, a number appreciate me (maybe anyone) who mentions matters of their era. I have corresponded with Lisa Elliot, Lynne Pirie, Carla Dunlp, and my favorite: Pillow. Now while Pillow has not exactly been one who has the fondest memories of her time in the sport (perhaps due to the politics), by and large I get the impression that they appreciate having fans. But while Pillow has put bodybuilding in her rear-view mirror years ago, she appreciated knowing that someone had read about her and spoke of her with admiration. I am presuming that voicing admiration for their efforts that they put in at the gym and restricting restricting theeir caloies went a sizable way to show that well I wasn't trying to sound like a weirdo.

Mar 25, 2023 - permalink

Years ago (actually MANY years) ago I sent one to Melissa Wee on bodybuilding.com. I'd read an interview about her struggles with anorexia etc and was blown away by how she'd overcome it. I'd shown a female friend the article, as she knew I liked muscular women and didn't quite understand why. The article changed her perspective and she actually became quite an avid gym goer. I DM-ed Melissa and outlined the story to her, as well as complimenting her on her physique. She was very appreciative and we had a bit of a laugh over a few things. Then I wished her all the best and left it at that as I had no desire to come across as a trolling fanboy.

Be respectful, objective and adult and you should be fine. If the recipient objects to that it's a reflection on them, not you. Good luck!

Mar 30, 2023 - permalink

As someone who receives hundreds of messages a day, I’d highly suggest writing a nice letter that is DIFFERENT and unique that you feel represents you. Formally to her through kindness and something people may not usually say. I get fans all the time writing letters about my feet or biceps. Try implement other ways you feel would capture her attention. Try stay away from any nude topics, steroid topics, and don’t start with a topic on her biceps / pecs. Eg - I love heavy metal and even just bringing up a topic that is dear to her that you find different, it would benefit your chances in her seeing it for a hobby or interest she loves that’s outside of bodybuilding. Defs works for me. Maybe bring up her bodybuilding interest later on if you have a convo with her to keep the convo going at a respectful manner.

Some woman may find that talking about the subject including her pecs or glutes could be a a put off to her unless she brings it up.

If a woman has a high following and has a manager running the account, you most likely won’t receive a message back unless your very lucky. Best of luck. 🤟🏼

The funny thing is I did do this with a well known WP competitor (not gonna name her lol) and it all started when I asked her if she was selling autographs which she responded "yes!" and after I received them I asked her if I could be nice and send her a thank you card. She thought that was very sweet and nice of me to do so she agreed and well we did this back and forth over months to where she thought of me as a friend and well we are friends now and yes we met each other at the Olympia this past year!!

Just be nice and authentic guys and please don't be a creep. You will more than likely to get her to respond.

Mar 30, 2023 - permalink

Tears of laughter came !!

Apr 04, 2023 - permalink

That.

Apr 04, 2023 - permalink

Also, don’t lavish praise like a simp. You can say that you are a fan and that you enjoy her work but avoid calling her a goddess or anything that puts her on a pedestal.

Apr 04, 2023 - permalink

Of course you can send her a DM! But if you don´t get a response, then that's it.

Apr 04, 2023 - permalink

Good Example: Hey there! Wanted to let you know I am a fan of yours. I admire all the hard work you put into your training and your dedication helps inspire me with my own fitness (assuming that's true. I myself lift, and I like telling the athletes I follow that they motivate me).

Bad Example You're so hot and your body looks like it is made out of iron. I bet you can crush me.

Apr 04, 2023 - permalink

Good Example: Hey there! Wanted to let you know I am a fan of yours. I admire all the hard work you put into your training and your dedication helps inspire me with my own fitness (assuming that's true. I myself lift, and I like telling the athletes I follow that they motivate me).

Bad Example You're so hot and your body looks like it is made out of iron. I bet you can crush me.

Well I would love the bad exemple also 😂. Except for crushing of course 👎

Apr 05, 2023 - permalink

Why does the bad example show up as your typical comment in the photo gallery made by a lot of members. And I mean a lot!

[deleted]
Apr 05, 2023 - permalink

I've already sent messages on Instagran to a well-known, very beautiful, muscular Czech woman, and she was very nice. Of course, she must know that my interest in her is totally sexual, but she was still very polite.

Apr 05, 2023 - permalink

I've already sent messages on Instagran to a well-known, very beautiful, muscular Czech woman, and she was very nice. Of course, she must know that my interest in her is totally sexual, but she was still very polite.

Here’s the thing. They’re not stupid. They know that there is a subset of dudes who LOVE muscular women. They’re not blind to what we like doing to images of them. But just because they know that, it doesn’t mean that an “admirer” needs to loudly proclaim to them “hey! I jerk off to pictures of you six times a day!”

Yes, there are guys who do that for God knows why 🤦‍♂️

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »