Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Jessica (jjjeeessiiiccaaa) abuse claims

Mar 21, 2023 - edited Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

Goob just posted a video on her making the claim that she is physically abusive of her husband. For those unaware, Goob U2 makes videos exposing people in the online fitness community who engage in fraud, deceptive morphs, scams, and immoral/illegal activity.

He posted her rap sheet from when she was arrested last month for domestic violence and also posted two videos recorded by her husband. In one she angrily confronts him for liking a girls post on instagram before slapping him, and in another she destroys a fan while saying "fuck your fan" before moving towards him while he says hes recording the video for his own safety.

I used to like her, but this sort of stuff isnt acceptable. Link to the video https://www.instagram.com/p/CqCHayhjGxB/?hl=en

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

Yeah I remember back when I used to follow her on TikTok I kept noticing her liking some very odd and borderline weird and racist comments and ever since then she’s given me the ick

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

She’s pretty annoying online and I don’t bother following her….not surprised

fp909
Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

saw a comment that made me choke "leanbeafpatty in 20 years" i was dead.

but yeah--i used to follow her closer but some things rubbed me the wrong way, and I didn't really see any of the stuff goob mentioned. But she kind of exploded all of a sudden, and though she has almost 1m on tiktok, she drives more to IG, but doesn't post her husband there, which is kind of a red flag to me if you've been together for any amount of time. i get being private but zero posts it looks like.

i hadn't seen any of the videos that goob referenced and ofbiously he had some stuff from the husband but that shits not ok.

as i saw int he comments, don't look up to these randoms that have done nothing do deserve looking up to other than being attractive.

cgsweat
Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

While goob seems at first like a necessary evil, over time he seems a bit pervasive. I guess in the end he's just a lesson to all these social "influencers" not to post too much of their private lives publicly.

fp909
Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

i get where he's coming from, though some of the stuff he does is a stretch. this is ok, i think, a lot of the photoshop can be kind of take it or leave it although it's annoying. but some of the dudes (and some women) that get the blast are doing terrible things and people celebrate them.

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

When I had a tiktok I used to follow her and kind of found herself was a little annoying just seemed like a she blew up she thought she was a celebrity now after seeing that stuff kind of just completely made me lose respect for him

Chainer
Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

While goob seems at first like a necessary evil, over time he seems a bit pervasive. I guess in the end he's just a lesson to all these social "influencers" not to post too much of their private lives publicly.

IMO there are different severities of exposing people. From most justified to least justified we have:

1. Exposing someone who participates in an activity for cheating or fraud in that activity. Fitness version: exposing someone for morphing their own pics while using their fake appearance to try to sell fitness products; or a personal trainer using fake credentials/references to get hired while actually being unqualified. This is more than OK with me, and the goal is to make them stop taking advantage of others. Chess analogy: Exposing someone for cheating at chess and getting them banned from chess tournaments.

2. Digging into someone's publicly available social media, finding instances of them doing something bad, putting that on blast, and hoping that consequences reach them in some way. How justified this is depends on the details of the case, I think, and this is basically what we have here with Jessica. On the one hand, she should face consequences for domestic violence, but on the other hand she did get arrested so it sounds like she is already facing consequences, and I don't see the point of bringing an internet mob into it. I think digging into her arrest record and posting it with her real name attached is a bit too invasive to my liking though, and mob justice just inherently makes me feel icky. Chess analogy: Exposing a chess player for recent shoplifting and hoping that the internet mob sends them hateful messages and gets them kicked out of a few tournaments where the organizers fold to this kind of pressure.

3. Going to great lengths to dig up dirt from someone's past that they have already faced consequences for and everyone has moved on from, putting this on blast, and trying to hurt the target in whatever way possible up to and including ruining their livelihood. I hate everything about this and if you do this I will hate you a lot more than your target unless they're literally Hitler. Chess analogy: Finding out that someone was arrested for drunk driving one time 15 years ago and trying to use the internet mob to not only get them banned from chess tournaments but also fired from their day job and banned from streaming on Twitch.

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

It is funny how everybody are so oversensitive today and everybody has needs to to solve other people’s problems

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

IMO there are different severities of exposing people. From most justified to least justified we have:

1. ...

Well said Chainer! I Completely agree.

Even No. 2 would only be acceptable to me in rare cases, at least in western countries that have a functioning court system and where there really should be no need to expose someone like this.

fp909
Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

I think usually what Goob does is an initial post and gives them an opportunity to come forward. Obviously if this is a photoshop ping claim this isn’t a huge ask, but if they push back her goes toward.

He did this with some guy that was beating up his wife and had not seen any consequences yet. I haven’t revisited this but he has at least 2 posts on it.

Depending on what you may believe in terms of punishment, for me getting arrested and going home later that day to continue don’t what you’re doing isn’t really fixing any problems. Last I heard she cleans houses for a living and doesn’t answer to a typical 9-5 job. Idk what the punishment should be but if there doesn’t seem to be an effort to change (which doesn’t seem like it will be the case given how often it happened before and her threat to call the cops although she was the problem), and she seems like she believes she can continue to get away with it

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

Sounds to me like a marketing ploy. The more outrageous the actions, the more eyeballs you get. The more eyeballs you get, the more money you get. Everybody does this because it sells!

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by Chainer
Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

Well this is just another reason I would love to get back with my ex cuz we both don't like her (I didn't mind her before my ex was hating her, and then my hate towards her came naturally). Ex was right about her from the start, plus she does look crazy.

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

Sounds to me like a marketing ploy. The more outrageous the actions, the more eyeballs you get. The more eyeballs you get, the more money you get. Everybody does this because it sells!

Well depends in which way tho. Surely I wouldn't buy your products if you commited something bad.

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

No, that’s dumb. She’s already been dropped by sponsors. No one gets arrested for fucking domestic assault as a “marketing ploy”

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

Frankly this is none of his or our business.

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

Goob just posted a video on her making the claim that she is physically abusive of her husband. For those unaware, Goob U2 makes videos exposing people in the online fitness community who engage in fraud, deceptive morphs, scams, and immoral/illegal activity.

He posted her rap sheet from when she was arrested last month for domestic violence and also posted two videos recorded by her husband. In one she angrily confronts him for liking a girls post on instagram before slapping him, and in another she destroys a fan while saying "fuck your fan" before moving towards him while he says hes recording the video for his own safety.

I used to like her, but this sort of stuff isn't acceptable. Link to the video https://www.instagram.com/p/CqCHayhjGxB/?hl=en

Now we know that she is taking gear. Her overly aggressive masculine energy is off the charts. Oh well, I never really liked her that much. There was an off vibe about her.

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

In this case, yes it is. She is a criminal.

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

No, that’s dumb. She’s already been dropped by sponsors. No one gets arrested for fucking domestic assault as a “marketing ploy”

She did 2 days in jail. She should have done 2 years. Oh well, there is a certain demo that gets away with crimes. I am glad her sponsored dropped this gear head.

fp909
Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

in the ironic words of Chris D'Elia, most people have already done the thing that will ruin their life.

Mar 21, 2023 - edited Mar 21, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by Chainer
Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

If that little girl is physically abusive, it's only because her man allows it. Stop recording videos and show her how weak she is compared to a man, or get out of the relationship.

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

If that little girl is physically abusive, it's only because her man allows it. Stop recording videos and show her how weak she is compared to a man, or get out of the relationship.

Or you know you can get out your close minded headspace and face the facts that men can be victims of domestic violence too no matter how big or small the woman is

Mar 21, 2023 - permalink

Their issues are not my personal concern, no, but - factually speaking - in the U.S., arrests are public record.

No one gets arrested for fucking domestic assault as a “marketing ploy”

That's why Dana White took his wife to Mexico to "slap" her for their Zapruder promo.

« first < prev Page 1 of 5 next > last »