Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

The "recommended" section is getting better and better

Feb 21, 2023 - permalink

Nice work to those who designed it.

Feb 21, 2023 - permalink

Yea i am a big fan of it too.

Chainer
Feb 21, 2023 - permalink

Glad you like it! I haven't changed anything in it recently though. It cares about your 50 most recent favorites to generate that section, so maybe now you have a better sample than previously.

[deleted]
Feb 21, 2023 - permalink

Glad you like it! I haven't changed anything in it recently though. It cares about your 50 most recent favorites to generate that section, so maybe now you have a better sample than previously.

I think that the Hidden Gems section has improved, too, so I finally researched and figured out what it is ... the pin to front page button. Been visiting this site for a long time and just figured that out. LOL

May 07, 2023 - permalink

It's normally pretty good, I did notice I had one of my own recent uploads recommended to me today. I didn't think that was supposed to happen, would that be a bug?

Chainer
May 12, 2023 - permalink

It is supposed to exclude your own uploads. I think the most likely reason that behavior happened is because a part of the algorithm that compiles that list is cached and this caused a mismatch between the images it tries to recommend to you, and the list of images it is supposed to exclude because they were uploaded by you.

I think I can fix this by increasing the time range of your uploads which it considers to be invalid to recommend to you.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »