Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Define "cheating"

Mar 23, 2023 - permalink

The general public is very clueless about how widespread PED usage is. Don't know any actual statistics, but looking through sites such as reddit or quora, 80% of people there are convinced that The Rock and Chris Hemsworth are completely natural and simply "work harder." Then there is a signficant portion of people arguing that all athletes must be natural because "they're all tested." Consider the existence of a person such as Liverking, and the following he was able to generate based on claiming that his physique is built on eating bone marrow and liver. The naiveté is simply limitless.

The impact social media has had on the perception of enhanced physiques cannot be underestimated, either. When your feed is filled with people sporting cobra traps and cannonball delts, and all of them adamantly claim natty, you become desensitized to what actual natural physiques look like. The baseline has gone up to where someone who doesn't look entirely cartoon somehow passes as natural, since "he's not as big as Chris Bumstead."

Of course, on GWM, there is an additional layer of delusion present since many people here are simps that like to engage themselves in fantasies, one of them being that females are perfectly able to put on 20 lbs of lean muscle in four months. Most people use a body part other than their brain when it comes to judging a girl's natty status on here.

Partially agree. But the pushback on juiced athletes is always the idea that young people are somehow lead astray and lied to. They’re fed an unachievable goal.

And I just don’t see the harm. Let’s say: a young girl looks up to Jordynne Grace and goes to the gym and follows some workout plant that she advocated. And… she doesn’t look like that after 18 months. Then what?

She probably does even the most cursory search of any forum or subreddit and realizes that… yeah… PED’s are a thing. She then does them or not. Like literally almost every other professional in fitness.

I mean, we all carry supercomputers in our pockets, it’s not like most humans can’t find this info.

Unless the athlete is specific selling a product and claiming that product will yielded their conditioning (like ads in the 90s), then I just don’t see a real problem with athletes who don’t disclose.

Agreed that the natty belief on this site is unprecedented and hilarious. I for one am SO glad that Vladislava has never touched any kind of PED. She has that glorious all-year conditioning from lots of lean beef, creatine, and BCAA’s.

/s

Mar 23, 2023 - permalink

Partially agree. But the pushback on juiced athletes is always the idea that young people are somehow lead astray and lied to. They’re fed an unachievable goal.

And I just don’t see the harm. Let’s say: a young girl looks up to Jordynne Grace and goes to the gym and follows some workout plant that she advocated. And… she doesn’t look like that after 18 months. Then what?

She probably does even the most cursory search of any forum or subreddit and realizes that… yeah… PED’s are a thing. She then does them or not. Like literally almost every other professional in fitness.

I mean, we all carry supercomputers in our pockets, it’s not like most humans can’t find this info.

Unless the athlete is specific selling a product and claiming that product will yielded their conditioning (like ads in the 90s), then I just don’t see a real problem with athletes who don’t disclose.

Agreed that the natty belief on this site is unprecedented and hilarious. I for one am SO glad that Vladislava has never touched any kind of PED. She has that glorious all-year conditioning from lots of lean beef, creatine, and BCAA’s.

/s

I see where you're coming from, but to be fair, while information is more readily available than it has been in any other time in history, not all information is accurate. Think of the prevalence of "fake news," and how people will ready share and repost stories, articles and "studies" containing reporting and facts of dubious merit, if not flat out false.

Like with the PED issue among fitness influencers and athletes. Resources that have accurate and truthful reporting about the prevalence of PED use along with what is truly achievable as a natural exist, but unfortunately they are buried when compared to how much more visible and prominent influencer bullshit is. For every discussion about truthful fitness goals and training programs, there are dozens of reels of a roided-out influencer throwing out dumb shit like the 9 ancestral tenants or the latest supplement or booty blast workout. Misinformation is far easier to find than truthful facts. And to make it worse, said information is usually more "accessible" and easier to digest because it is accompanied by clickbait, flashy advertising. Meanwhile, true factual reporting is drier, more dense and much "less sexy." Those influencers smartly market towards people's lessening attention spans.

Mar 23, 2023 - permalink

/s

I see your point, but in the broader picture, body image issues becoming more and more prevalent is certainly tied to the natty lie. When you see all these ultra-ripped, flawless looking creatures on your feed filling you in on their "natural transformation," you're much more likely to feel bad about your body, especially since nobody's telling you that they need to inject test every week to look like they do.

The good outcome would be for people to join their next gym, start working out, and eventually realize that those influencers are on the sauce (and full of crap), but often enough, this realization never happens, and these people either don't go to the gym in the first place or become depressed because those BCAAs don't seem to give them the same results. And even if people do realize that they need to hop on for this kind of look, I fail to see anything good about 15 year olds loading up on SARMs to achieve the physique of their favorite influencer. Either way, there is definitely a net negative impact brought on by the ranks of "natty" influencers lying through their teeth.

Mar 27, 2023 - permalink

@Muscles_Toez

Well that's exactly what they claim, have you been to the Insta-page of a random (sponsored) bodybuilder lately?

« first < prev Page 2 of 2 next > last »