Forum > Image Themes > Thread

Biggest GWM in mainstream media

Feb 01, 2023 - permalink

I'm just wondering who's the biggest that you've ever seen in something mainstream (major studio movies, network TV, etc)?

Feb 01, 2023 - permalink

I would probably say Chyna. Wrestling got popular again in the late 90s thanks to the Monday Night Wars, and I’m sure even people who really didn’t follow wrestling knew who she was

cgsweat
Feb 01, 2023 - permalink

Does "biggest" mean muscle size or popularity (star power)?

[deleted]
Feb 01, 2023 - edited Feb 01, 2023 - permalink

Chyna is a good answer. I can't think of anyone more mainstream in her prime time who was larger or more muscular. I watched an old clip of Chyna in (I think) 1998 when she "turned" on Triple H in the story line, and she was a beast. She was bigger than some of the male wrestlers. Saw a clip of her curling 100 lbs dumb bells in each hand for reps around that time, too.

It seems like she did not maintain that size for long.

As for star power/popularity, more mainstream athletes might be more popular -- like Serena Williams or Martina Navratilova, to name only a couple popular muscular female athletes.

Feb 01, 2023 - permalink

Not an actual muscular actress, but Abby in The Last of Us Part 2 always felt like pretty mainstream exposure to a muscular female body type. Unfortunately true when you factored in the reaction to that character.

Feb 01, 2023 - permalink

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...

Easily!!

I’ve also seen Natalia in a foreign music video.

Feb 02, 2023 - permalink

Not of my time, but i believe Jane Fonda was fully well known on her time. Even more than Chyna (that somehow was limited to WWE fandom). Sure, some would even wonder if she classify as muscle in todays standards...

Abby was a BIG presence on a mainstream game... but many still think she is trans... 🤦‍♂️ Cassandra (Assassin's Creed Odyssey) is a nice despiction of a female warrior (with muscles) on videogames...

Notable mentions goes to: Kim Chizevsky had a minor part on a movie (The Cell? i believe), it was around the time she was Ms. Olympia... Sue Price starred on Nemesis... Kiana Tom had her show on ESPN around the world for a while...

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »