Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Why are the FBBs moving to Dubai?

Jan 29, 2023 - permalink

"Must be the money!"

Oh yeah. I knew a guy that moved from Australia to Dubai to coach because it was a tax free six figures. Easy decision

U.S. citizens should be aware that - unless they renounce U.S. citizenship and give up the U.S. passport (which almost no one ever does) - then they are still liable for all federal taxes, even if they're paying no income tax to the UAE. I think it's probably similar for Australians. Foreign tax credits on our Form 1040 would be dictated by IRS code, which in the case of U.S. ex-pats might be partially dependent on an existing tax treaty. 😵‍💫

But someone who never plans to return to their country of origin might very well decide to stop filing or paying income taxes.

The UAE is starting to change its tax policies for foreign workers on long/permanent contracts, but it seems gig work is still under the old rules for now. So, a girl can move there for a minute and bank a lot of cash fairly quickly in order to fund her lifestyle.

Jan 29, 2023 - permalink

Easy and cheap access to gear

Jan 29, 2023 - permalink

they got the pure juice in dubai!

Jan 29, 2023 - permalink

"Must be the money!"

U.S. citizens should be aware that - unless they renounce U.S. citizenship and give up the U.S. passport (which almost no one ever does) - then they are still liable for all federal taxes, even if they're paying no income tax to the UAE. I think it's probably similar for Australians. Foreign tax credits on our Form 1040 would be dictated by IRS code, which in the case of U.S. ex-pats might be partially dependent on an existing tax treaty. 😵‍💫

But someone who never plans to return to their country of origin might very well decide to stop filing or paying income taxes.

The UAE is starting to change its tax policies for foreign workers on long/permanent contracts, but it seems gig work is still under the old rules for now. So, a girl can move there for a minute and bank a lot of cash fairly quickly in order to fund her lifestyle.

Yes, because all of the modeling, role playing, and down-right prostitution they are doing over there is on the books...

Jan 30, 2023 - permalink

I think it's probably similar for Australians.

It's not. The US is the exception rather than the norm here, in the sence of requiring its citizens to pay taxes on income earned abroad. Most other countries don't do this.

Jan 30, 2023 - permalink

I think one of the prince's is a shmoe and paying them a lot for sessions. either that or cheap steroids like some of the other guys say.

Jan 30, 2023 - permalink

Many of them are prostitutes and Dubai is full of rich men with niche tastes.

Jan 30, 2023 - permalink

Really interesring conversation going on here I had no idea this was a thing.

I think one of the prince's is a shmoe and paying them a lot for sessions. either that or cheap steroids like some of the other guys say.

Which Prince? They're so many 😂

Jan 30, 2023 - permalink

Whose moving?

Jan 30, 2023 - permalink

Whose moving?

I don't know lots of examples, but Stefanie Flesher is one such person

Jan 30, 2023 - permalink

Amy Muscle Fit moved there.

Jan 30, 2023 - permalink

Helle Trevino moved there too. She’s been in Denmark as of late, so maybe with her rumoured retirement from competition she’ll be moving again.

Jan 30, 2023 - permalink

Helle Trevino moved there too. She’s been in Denmark as of late, so maybe with her rumoured retirement from competition she’ll be moving again.

Helle's home country is Denmark so she's just costing friends and family. She told me at the Olympia she plans on competing this year especially since she placed really well at the Olympia.

Jan 30, 2023 - permalink

I don't know lots of examples, but Stefanie Flesher is one such person

Bunch of lesser knowns as well. It’s like schmoe heaven there now. Have your choice of having a session with a different women each day. The only problem if you’re not rich, is that you’d be broke by the end of the week!

Jan 30, 2023 - permalink

"Must be the money!"

Under the "Foreign Earned Income Exclusion" if you live and work outside of the US for at least 330 consecutive days during the tax year, you are not subject to most US taxes.

fp909
Jan 30, 2023 - permalink

Do remember too that if you're originally European based and move to Dubai the mobility is much easier to go back and tour Europe (or just go home) than it is from US or AUS.

Regarding taxes, even if Australia had the same tax structure as the US, $100k annually is FAR more than any gym is paying a coach that isn't the owner, and unless you're the biggest gyms around you're not pulling in that kind of money.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »