Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Sexuality stuff - is it gay? are they trans? am I gay? AM I TRANS?!

Jan 25, 2023 - permalink

Since threads get derailed admittedly a little too often by all of the sexuality/gender stuff - which should totally have a place for discussion - let's try moving it all here as needed. This might be a little bit of a clusterfuck since multiple discussions from multiple threads could end up being here. My idea is less of a linear conversation than it is a sort of safe space to move side conversations.

If you initiate a move to this thread, please include a link to the thread you have come from.

This is imperfect but these conversations are important and as someone who loves talking through the difficulties some people have with them it's sad to see it shut down in the interest of staying on topic. Which I understand, of course, but maybe we can try this.

If anyone has any better ideas feel free to run with this.

Jan 25, 2023 - edited Jan 25, 2023 - permalink

Just going to share my thoughts... (not intentionally continuing one particular conversation)

I find it a little odd that there's this... conflict? judgement? Not exactly sure what to call it exactly (nor the exact nature of it, be it malice, ignorance, etc) but I'll try to explain what I mean.

Muscular women, broadly, are varying degrees of gender nonconforming. I don't think that's anything new or particularly controversial amongst us admirers, so why is that people who should, in theory, know better still put down the more masculine/androgynous women and those who like them? Accusations of such women being men or turning into them, labeling those into them as gay, etc.

It's essentially the same rhetoric that people who aren't into muscular women at all use against those who are. Maybe I'm just way off base, but that's what I see on here.

Also it demonstrates a generally poor understanding of gender expression and identity.

Jan 25, 2023 - permalink

I think this attraction wouldn't exist without mass media: first magazines, then tv, now online. Bc of the stigma it hasn't been studied in the way it probably should be, but most likely it's just like every other thing people get turned on by when they see it in mass media: novelty.

Jan 25, 2023 - edited Jan 25, 2023 - permalink

Just going to share my thoughts... (not intentionally continuing one particular conversation)

I find it a little odd that there's this... conflict? judgement? Not exactly sure what to call it exactly (nor the exact nature of it, be it malice, ignorance, etc) but I'll try to explain what I mean.

Muscular women, broadly, are varying degrees of gender nonconforming. I don't think that's anything new or particularly controversial amongst us admirers, so why is that people who should, in theory, know better still put down the more masculine/androgynous women and those who like them? Accusations of such women being men or turning into them, labeling those into them as gay, etc.

It's essentially the same rhetoric that people who aren't into muscular women at all use against those who are. Maybe I'm just way off base, but that's what I see on here.

Also it demonstrates a generally poor understanding of gender expression and identity.

Because highschool never ends.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AKN1Q5SjbeI

Jan 25, 2023 - permalink

Am i the only one who thinks it's quite sexist to assume muscular women are lesbian or trans and that men that are into it are gay i like feminine women that are also strong and muscular.

Jan 25, 2023 - permalink

How is it sexist? It might be making a stereotypical assumption, but it isn't sexist.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »