Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Do you think the Figure category will last much longer?

Jan 18, 2023 - permalink

I'm seeing a lot of Figure girls switch to Wellness. Considering how popular the category is becoming, I'm wondering if Figure will last much longer. Several folks have argued that it's getting harder to tell the difference between Figure and Physique anyway, and it seems people are bigger fans of Wellness girls' muscular thighs. Also, while I've got nothing but love for Cyd Gillon, her reign as champion is getting boring.

Jan 18, 2023 - edited Jan 18, 2023 - permalink

I saw the Samantha Jerring tweets loool.

Fig and Phys officially meshing into one does sound like a probability though

Jan 18, 2023 - permalink

My heart broke.... 😭

fp909
Jan 18, 2023 - permalink

i always wonder why they don't do whatever the europeans call like "bodyfitness"? like i know some of them want to pose in heels, some don't, but whatever they're doing over there where they're doing the regular figure poses and doing physique in heels idk, maybe do a mix of that?

figure is far and away the most boring of the classes, Gillon's supremacy non-withstanding. i roll my eyes when i see they're practicing a "routine". It's 4 poses that everyone else does, give me a break--meanwhile wpd and bb are coming up wth actual posing routines while the fitness division is showing up with legitimate acrobatics.

i'll also add that the line between them is blurred even more if you have women showing up and winning overalls in BOTH classes at a show on the same day, or at the very least winning one and placing first in their class in the other. if that's the case the look is too similar.

i do wonder--if they nixed the figure division would they encourage girls to stay around that size for the combined crew? and start marking down women who are too muscular and suggest they go to bodybuilding?

Jan 19, 2023 - permalink

Well i hope not because i like more diversity in bodytypes.

Jan 19, 2023 - permalink

The problem is the Figure and Physique look so similar that the body types aren’t so diverse anymore.

If the federation did get rid of it, I imagine the current lineup of women would just stay the same size roughly. Compare Natalia Coelho to the average Figure competitor - I don’t think she’s that big. At most, the Figure girls may need to tighten up or bring up some areas.

Jan 19, 2023 - edited Jan 19, 2023 - permalink

The problem is the Figure and Physique look so similar that the body types aren’t so diverse anymore.

A few years ago, I could easily tell the two apart, now it's harder

Does anyone know the reason why the sizes of girls in both categories has gone up and converged?

fp909
Jan 19, 2023 - permalink

"i didn't win and the judget told me i needed more back and shoulders"

"I won but the other girl was close so i have to make sure i stay ahead of them"

repeat

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »