Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

what is the leg press world record for women?

Jan 17, 2023 - permalink

I tried to Google this but i got no relevant results. sorry if this breaks the rules but i can't find answers anywhere quite sad.

Jan 17, 2023 - permalink

prolly depends on weight divisions. maybe kristy hawkins and hunter henderson are close.

Jan 17, 2023 - permalink

Is it that hard to just answer a question?

Jan 17, 2023 - edited Jan 17, 2023 - permalink

It may very well be, since the leg press is not a powerlifting competition event, unlike the bench press, squat, and deadlift. Therefore, any such records, as best I know, would be unofficial i.e. local gym records, rather the anything national or international. Those of you who may know better, please correct me.

On the other hand, didn't Th-resa Bostick do something insane, like 1800+ pounds some years ago? There are more recent vids of Noof Yusuf moving enough metal to build a few cars (not sure of the totals). I also recall hearing that Michelle Ralabate (4ft 11in) could put up like 1200 lbs, again unofficial.

Good luck finding your answer, If you do, please share it here. :)

Jan 17, 2023 - permalink

no point in comparing since every leg press machine is different

Jan 17, 2023 - permalink

@Nytrytr777 ok then that is a bummer i did find a lot of records for men but they did not just have one record even for men. but search engines really seem to hate the word leg press. even when i google things like fbb doing legpress i get few results. it keeps trying to correct it to bench press or show me clips of men doing it despite me putting the word woman in my searches.

Jan 17, 2023 - permalink

no point in comparing since every leg press machine is different

How different? if you can't give me exact numbers just give me unofficial records then.

Jun 02, 2023 - permalink

I know this is a thread from months ago, but it's actually something I was wondering about too. I mean, I'm not so concerned with what some official "world record" says? But regardless of "difference between machines" or the "angle someone has their legs at", etc. etc. --- you can repeatedly find claims for the heaviest leg presses done by guys. (At least 2 or 3 guys are pretty well documented to have done 2,000lb. leg pressed for several reps. And there's at least one outlier claim of even more done by someone from one of the "strongman" type competitions.)

When you search on women, you don't get very much at all. (If anything, I've seen numbers that are clearly less than I've watched probably half a dozen different women do in YouTube videos. And often, those videos are pretty old. So you have to wonder if some of them were still lifting for a while after making those and improved on those original lifts?)

Jozeffa Alajahji made a few videos leg pressing big stacks of weights with people along for the ride, and I'm pretty sure they claimed one of those was over 1,650lbs.

[deleted]
Jun 02, 2023 - permalink

How different? if you can't give me exact numbers just give me unofficial records then.

The angle at which you have to press the weight, most leg press machines have a 45 degree angle, some might have 30 deg. though essentially making the lift easier

Jun 02, 2023 - permalink

There are no legpress records. Its not a standardized discipline

Jun 02, 2023 - permalink

There are no legpress records. Its not a standardized discipline

Exactly. A better measure would be a barbell back squat

Jun 07, 2023 - permalink

Is it that hard to just answer a question?

It is if you don't know the answer. But the biggest LP I'm aware of by a woman is 22 plates by Noof Yusuf. Those are 45 pound plates and that is per side so 22 x 90 = 1980. https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ6P_8cAJIe/?hl=en Range of motion isn't great and isn't terrible. About 7 reps.

Jun 07, 2023 - permalink

What's the world record preacher curl?

What's the world record in being a smartass? You seem like a heavy lifter at that.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »