Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Cost of female bodybuilding

Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

I was wondering how much a top tier fbb has to spend each month to sustain her lifestyle. I was looking at this controversy about liver king and he was spending like 15k/month in roids. What about fbb's? Knowing also all the other expenses like plastic surgery for example? Would be nice to know the economics!

fp909
Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

Liver King was spending a ton in roids because he was on a bunch of stuff, and also getting help from overseas, likely had to pay a premium for the help. Likely he's probably getting scammed on price himself based on those emails lmao.

Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

5K, thats the number I got when asking the same question. Not sure if she was boasting, but also quoted food, supplmements, hair style, bikini, tanning, travel costs in addition to drugs. Not to mention the opportunity costs. Thats during competition time, off season way cheaper.

fp909
Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

the bikini costs are outragous tbh for someone gluing a bunch of sequins and "crystals" you can buy at Party City. I'm watching one woman do her own in prep for her next season (that I'm sure she will get adjusted by someone with sewing skills) and it's probably saving her hundreds.

Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

Its generally amazing how many schnorrers can live of the female bodybuilding business, given the fact that the athletes themselves live from hand to mouth.

Apparently tanning also costs a fortune. The color itself and the service (must really be a tough job to cream up a body). Exclusive contracts are out there, its odd.

fp909
Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

nto to mention coaching. anywhere from 200-500/mo for just regular coaching, and prep packages costing even more.

Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

these days they also have their dedicated posing coaches as well, and they wont do it for free either.

Often I am wondering: where do they get all that money from ?????

fp909
Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

if you're younger i can see maybe having a job but little debt, and if you're older, a lot of work history/savings and time. But i mean let's say:

$50/mo gym membership

$400/mo coaching

$500/mo food

$300/mo actually supplements (protein, preworkout, whatever)

$x/mo PEDs

I mean you're looking at spending at least $1200/mo on my napkin math. Not counting Show registrations, tanning, PEDs/supps for prep, prep coaching, posing coaching, suit purchase, travel

It's a lot of money. Might make sense that many don't travel extensively or lead pretty simple lives.

Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

Yes and that also explains the explosion of of accounts. Each time i see an ig fbb account 90% of the time this is linked to an of. + training all day must have time barely for a part time job. I wonder if any of them have rich bf otherwise

Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

if you're younger i can see maybe having a job but little debt, and if you're older, a lot of work history/savings and time. But i mean let's say:

$50/mo gym membership

$400/mo coaching

$500/mo food

$300/mo actually supplements (protein, preworkout, whatever)

$x/mo PEDs

I mean you're looking at spending at least $1200/mo on my napkin math. Not counting Show registrations, tanning, PEDs/supps for prep, prep coaching, posing coaching, suit purchase, travel

It's a lot of money. Might make sense that many don't travel extensively or lead pretty simple lives.

I realized most of the young ones get an of account

Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

Is it really that expensive. because i see fbbs from 3rd world countries now.

fp909
Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

It can be. I’d be interested to see how many people Coach themselves during the off season and/or during prep, how long they get posing help, how many buy vs make suits or have a friend do their makeup for a song. Or are married and cutdown on tanning costs by having a spouse do it.

Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

Helle Trevino did a IG chat a week ago, she was asked by someone if she would visit America again, moaned about the travel cost of travelling to Vegas for $1800. She did an interview on WOS before leaving for Dubai, looked like she was living in a small 1 room apartment in LA/Cali. Must be alot cheaper to live in Dubai with tax free income and possible free accommodation.

Lisa Cross told me many fbbs are broke and if it wasn't for her adult content website she would be broke as well.

Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

Helle Trevino did a IG chat a week ago, she was asked by someone if she would visit America again, moaned about the travel cost of travelling to Vegas for $1800. She did an interview on WOS before leaving for Dubai, looked like she was living in a small 1 room apartment in LA/Cali. Must be alot cheaper to live in Dubai with tax free income and possible free accommodation.

Lisa Cross told me many fbbs are broke and if it wasn't for her adult content website she would be broke as well.

Thats exactly my biggest concern. That the whole hype is based on an utterly wrong evaluation of future cashflow (based on OF, webcam and sponsorship). For now they can barely survive, but there is no real business modell behind it.

Like back in 2007 when new house owners have bitten more than they could chew. What followed was the crash on the housing market.

Jan 03, 2023 - permalink

Costs of living are lower there and if they get income from of they they probably compensate more easily. Idk

Jan 03, 2023 - permalink

Thats exactly my biggest concern. That the whole hype is based on an utterly wrong evaluation of future cashflow (based on OF, webcam and sponsorship). For now they can barely survive, but there is no real business modell behind it.

Like back in 2007 when new house owners have bitten more than they could chew. What followed was the crash on the housing market.

Or do some of them have loaded partner?

Jan 04, 2023 - permalink

Costs of living are lower there

I lived in a third world country, can confirm this

Jan 04, 2023 - permalink

What countries are you referring to? I thought a few of them were in a couple and other in EE but I can't think or seen other countries unless they're from there. Keep in mind the word is originally a Cold War term.

Jan 04, 2023 - permalink

What countries are you referring to? I thought a few of them were in a couple and other in EE but I can't think or seen other countries unless they're from there. Keep in mind the word is originally a Cold War term.

I have seen some from Kenia and India and Myanmar. we all know eastern Europe and south America have many fbbs. but those regions are not as poor as the ones i mentioned.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »