Forum > Bug Reports > Thread

Limited notifications?

Jan 01, 2023 - permalink

I haven't seen any post about this in the forum, but it looks like the notifications page has been re-done. Now when I click on my notifications I don't see a list of all the notifications that I've received since I last logged in. Rather, I get a list of notifications about six models that I follow and that have had new images uploaded recently, plus thumbnails of these new images.

I think this new system is very clever so I'm not against it at all. But I wonder if the fact that I only see notifications of six girls is a bug or a deliberate feature.

I only log into GWM once a week and that means that every time I log in I have notifications about 20 or so girls that I follow. If the new notifications page is limited to only the most recent 5-6 girls, it means that every week I'll be missing quite a few. Is there no way to change this (or am I imagining things)?

Chainer
Jan 01, 2023 - permalink

As a part of the recent work on notifications I did, I had to delete all the old style image notifications (that didn't have a thumbnail attached). This was a one time thing though. There is no limit to the notifications you can get, and if you notice a specific instance of you not getting a notification for a model you are subscribed to, that is a bug and please let me know.

Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

As a part of the recent work on notifications I did, I had to delete all the old style image notifications (that didn't have a thumbnail attached). This was a one time thing though. There is no limit to the notifications you can get, and if you notice a specific instance of you not getting a notification for a model you are subscribed to, that is a bug and please let me know.

I see. The moment I read your announcement about the changes, I suspected that was the case.

In that case, there's no problem at all. I 'missed' a few notifications in the past week but I think the change is extremely positive overall and will make the page much more user-friendly. Thank you!

Jan 02, 2023 - edited Jan 02, 2023 - permalink

Just my two cents.

Notifications should go away except for forums or comments.

The image updates for subscribers should just be another section on the home page, filtered by those we subscribe to. Better for quickly scanning as opposed to what it was (having to navigate to each updated page) or even where it is now (better but still requires navigating to notification page and the display is kind of choppy).

EDIT: I know this is a lot of work so thank you!! My feedback is otherwise thankless but I want to clarify that I know it’s a ton to manage/update everything to make it run as smoothly as it does.

Chainer
Jan 03, 2023 - permalink

Interesting, where on the front page would you put that?

Jan 03, 2023 - permalink

Either as the top block or near the top.

I kind of prefer the thought of having it as the top block. Basically my user experience would be: go to gwm-> sign in -> see new images of those I subscribe to.

And then having the link to just look at images from those I subscribe to.

I know this is already possible by just going to images and filtering by those that I subscribe to but this would remove a few of those steps from the user experience.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »