Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Do non-cutesy tattoos + actual muscle = a level of bad-assery non-muscle people cannot understand?

Dec 29, 2022 - edited Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

I think that's the answer.

Save the self-aggrandizing "your body, your choice" lectures.

1) that truth is a given in everything I post and

2) you're boring and nobody really likes you.

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

to me they just look ugly and i don't like them

cgsweat
Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

why did the chicken cross the

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Yes tatoos make you very edgy and hip and cool. 2cool4school duuude.

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Yes tatoos make you very edgy and hip and cool. 2cool4school duuude.

See what I mean?

Even if you're in the Club, you exposed yourself! 😱

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Gertrude didn't ask for this! 😂

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

to me they just look ugly and i don't like them

The muscles?

The tats?

Both??

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Most of you guys are a bit younger, but back in the 90s, every other gym bro had to go get barbed wire or "tribal" tattoo for his creatine-volumized bicep. It was hilarious to me at the time. Total hater that I was, I'd be like, "You're gonna be wrinkled and 70 someday and the gear isn't gonna work anymore."

Now, let's switch over to the gym girls who do NOT have time for the gym-girl fanboys. That's me...and probably a few of you, too, even if you eschew the label and don't want it applied to you.

AND let's have some honest fucking conversations. Have you ever heard a woman say "I do this lifting/sculpting for me and for me only"? But then she turns around and her next 26 public statement are clearly intended to "impress" others?

Well, too-cool-for-school gym girl really IS doing this shit for herself and also for the unspoken competition of being something that so few other people in the world can ever be: fucking jacked.

"I'm more jacked than you, because reasons. And my tattoo is merely an outward expression of my knowing that I am tougher than you. And if you're triggered by my tattoos or my muscle, good. That means I'm right."

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Knowing that tats are the first thing the po-po puts into a data base after fingerprints, it makes me think these 'badasses' are f'ing retarded. It's like driving a red Corvette with a vanity plate as a getaway car.

[deleted]

Anyone who has gotten a tattoo knows how painful they can be. So, yeah, when I see Hulda Lopez's neck tattoo I think, "Damn, she is seriously tough," because that tattoo definitely caused a lot of pain to get.

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/1632574/

[deleted]

Knowing that tats are the first thing the po-po puts into a data base after fingerprints, it makes me think these 'badasses' are f'ing retarded. It's like driving a red Corvette with a vanity plate as a getaway car.

Why would this be a concern for people who don't break the law and are not criminals?

And if they are criminals, wouldn't their hyper-muscularity be a more obvious defining trait for people to identify when describing them? Most people, especially women, are not super jacked like the people we're talking about here. To use your analogy, the cops are going to be looking for a red Corvette first because, relatively speaking, there aren't many of them on the road.

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

There was a time when having tattoos was an anti-establishment statement. Those days are long gone. Now little old grandmas have them. Sorry, you're not a "bad ass" because you have tattoos. If anything, you're a follower at this point.

[deleted]
Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

There was a time when having tattoos was an anti-establishment statement. Those days are long gone. Now little old grandmas have them. Sorry, you're not a "bad ass" because you have tattoos. If anything, you're a follower at this point.

Or maybe you're just someone who really likes tattoos and body art without all the pretensions of being anti-establishment or following others. People do things for different reasons.

You do have to be tough to get tattoos in certain areas. I have a half-sleeve and it hurt like hell to get. I can't imagine getting one in a more sensitive area. Ouch.

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Most of you guys are a bit younger, but back in the 90s, every other gym bro had to go get barbed wire or "tribal" tattoo for his creatine-volumized bicep. It was hilarious to me at the time. Total hater that I was, I'd be like, "You're gonna be wrinkled and 70 someday and the gear isn't gonna work anymore."

Now, let's switch over to the gym girls who do NOT have time for the gym-girl fanboys. That's me...and probably a few of you, too, even if you eschew the label and don't want it applied to you.

AND let's have some honest fucking conversations. Have you ever heard a woman say "I do this lifting/sculpting for me and for me only"? But then she turns around and her next 26 public statement are clearly intended to "impress" others?

Well, too-cool-for-school gym girl really IS doing this shit for herself and also for the unspoken competition of being something that so few other people in the world can ever be: fucking jacked.

"I'm more jacked than you, because reasons. And my tattoo is merely an outward expression of my knowing that I am tougher than you. And if you're triggered by my tattoos or my muscle, good. That means I'm right."

Son what the fuck are you talking about. I feel like I had a stroke reading this. Rambling bullshit reads like a teenagers xanga post LOL. I can smell the bong water through the screen.

[deleted]
Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Was really hoping this would be a thread about those of us who like tattoos, but the anti-tat people just can't help themselves.

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Was really hoping this would be a thread about those of us who like tattoos, but the anti-tat people just can't help themselves.

I think tattoos are cool, especially the ones like Hulda’s neck tattoo or the sleeves some ladies have. Don’t let these judgemental freaks get you down.

[deleted]

I think tattoos are cool, especially the ones like Hulda’s neck tattoo or the sleeves some ladies have. Don’t let these judgemental freaks get you down.

Well, the title and opening post aren't completely clear about whether this thread is for people who like tattoos or not. I was just hoping that I was interpreting the title correctly, that it is a thread for tattoo fans, because the anti-tattoo people are very vocal in the forum threads.

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

Well, the title and opening post aren't completely clear about whether this thread is for people who like tattoos or not. I was just hoping that I was interpreting the title correctly, that it is a thread for tattoo fans, because the anti-tattoo people are very vocal in the forum threads.

The initial trigger was a once-beautiful, big-ass, bad-ass bicep obscured by a newly-added piece of wall art and I ❤️ the fact that she DOESN’T give a fuck whether I still like her arms...or that I ever liked them in the first place. That not giving a fuck is an integral component of the bad-assery mentioned in the header.

As for the pro- vs anti- discussion you’re having or perceiving, I’m mostly ambivalent. Some look good on some people, some do not look good on others. Sorta like the shaved head thing. Some girls can pull it off, while others - even if they honest-to-god operate only on their own terms...well, yeah.

Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

I dont have tattoos myself and while appreciate some well done tattoos I usually dont feel strongly either way. However I have a lot of friends that have tattoos, some heavily tattooed. For pretty much all of these people, their tattoos have some kind of personal meaning, often specific stories or people in their lives- not to look 'bad ass'. This could be different for people who are making real money off of showing off their body but I dont have anyway of knowing that. Soooo out of respect for others I just shut the fuck up about tattoos I dont really like and dont make a lot of irrelevant judgements.

[deleted]
Dec 29, 2022 - permalink

The initial trigger was a once-beautiful, big-ass, bad-ass bicep obscured by a newly-added piece of wall art and I ❤️ the fact that she DOESN’T give a fuck whether I still like her arms...or that I ever liked them in the first place. That not giving a fuck is an integral component of the bad-assery mentioned in the header.

As for the pro- vs anti- discussion you’re having or perceiving, I’m mostly ambivalent. Some look good on some people, some do not look good on others. Sorta like the shaved head thing. Some girls can pull it off, while others - even if they honest-to-god operate only on their own terms...well, yeah.

I'm generally pro-tattoo, especially if it means something to the person who got it, but I have seen many bad tattoos in my day. I'm thinking of cheaply made ones that people usually get while drunk -- that kind of deal. I'm not a fan of most face tattoos either, but I know they must hurt to get.

I would think that anyone who thoughtfully gets a tattoo does not give a care about what others think about it. I certainly don't. If that's an attractive trait to have, then all the better.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »