Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Andrea Shaw, Olympia 2022 or 2021?

(152 total votes)

2021 (106, 69.7%)
2022 (46, 30.3%)
Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

2022:

2021:

More photos here: https://contests.npcnewsonline.com/contests/2...

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

All dem thangs.

She's got the potential to get a serious Lenda-/Iris-like streak going and she strikes me as such a humble spirit, too. As much as I love the brash cockiness of some competitors, Andrea being the opposite is so refreshing to me.

Dec 18, 2022 - edited Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

I think she is overrated. She has a good upper body with great shoulders, biceps and back. Her abs are very good too but I wonder why she never does a front abs pose, it's always a side shot, what is she hiding? Her legs are her weakest point. From the side they look good, but from the front is where they show her weakest point. The upper thigh is where she needs a lot of improvement. Look at what Michaela Aycock has done and keeps improving in that area, not to mention the rest of her physique. Then again why should Andrea improve her physique when she keeps on winning even when not at her best. I think what they finally did in the physique competition placing Natalia over Sarah was a good thing for the sport.

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

It's what the judges think on what determines the Ms O winner is. It could be argued that Andrea could have placed in the 4th-6th range, based on the weakness in her calves and then move Branka and Michaela up 2 more spots. The winner would have been between Angela and Hallie, both have a better lower leg presentation.

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

2021 cuz she looks harder and thats what bodybuilding is all about

[deleted]
Dec 18, 2022 - edited Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

I think she is overrated. She has a good upper body with great shoulders, biceps and back. Her abs are very good too but I wonder why she never does a front abs pose, it's always a side shot, what is she hiding? Her legs are her weakest point. From the side they look good, but from the front is where they show her weakest point. The upper thigh is where she needs a lot of improvement. Look at what Michaela Aycock has done and keeps improving in that area, not to mention the rest of her physique. Then again why should Andrea improve her physique when she keeps on winning even when not at her best. I think what they finally did in the physique competition placing Natalia over Sarah was a good thing for the sport.

No disrespect intended to Shaw, she's phenomenal, but I really do think it's a travesty that Margie Martin hasn't won Ms. Olympia. I thought that she should've beaten out Shaw at 2 of the Ms. Olympias. I don't understand how Shaw beat her when you look at their overall physiques.

I don't have much respect for the Ms. O judges

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

Between the two I'll take the look of where Andrea is trying to push her limits over the look achieved by someone else telling her to scale back.

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

I think she is overrated. She has a good upper body with great shoulders, biceps and back. Her abs are very good too but I wonder why she never does a front abs pose, it's always a side shot, what is she hiding? Her legs are her weakest point. From the side they look good, but from the front is where they show her weakest point. The upper thigh is where she needs a lot of improvement. Look at what Michaela Aycock has done and keeps improving in that area, not to mention the rest of her physique. Then again why should Andrea improve her physique when she keeps on winning even when not at her best.

Bruh...

Sometimes, I swear that some dudes just be trolling for the sake of the troll, but I'm here for it, I guess. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I think what they finally did in the physique competition placing Natalia over Sarah was a good thing for the sport.

lol @ "good thing for the sport"

Yes, it's a "good thing" when the competitor with the best physique is awarded 1st place, whether in women's physique or in women's bodybuilding.

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

No disrespect intended to Shaw, she's phenomenal, but I really do think it's a travesty that Margie Martin hasn't won Ms. Olympia. I thought that she should've beaten out Shaw at 2 of the Ms. Olympias. I don't understand how Shaw beat her when you look at their overall physiques.

I disagree. Andrea has a better balance of mass and conditioning, especially in 2021. Margie has beautiful big shapes, but conditioning has been a weak spot for her these last shows.

[deleted]
Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

Bruh...

Sometimes, I swear that some dudes just be trolling for the sake of the troll, but I'm here for it, I guess. 🤷🏾‍♂️

lol @ "good thing for the sport"

Yes, it's a "good thing" when the competitor with the best physique is awarded 1st place, whether in women's physique or in women's bodybuilding.

Since when is someone saying something you disagree with tantamount to trolling? Everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if i disagree with them. I happen to agree with ROM553, and i"m definitely not trolling. It's just an opinion that I share.

[deleted]
Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

I was thinking about it, and maybe by "trolling" you mean talking about something other than whether '21 or '22 is Shaw's best year in this thread. Fair enough, if that's the case.

I prefer her '21 physique. And I do like her humility. My beef is with the judges, not Andrea. She's amazing.

Dec 18, 2022 - permalink

Comparing Andrea to other competitors is alright, too. Part of the reason I made this thread is that I was wondering how people felt about Andrea's package this year.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

When you think you know bodybuilding but should really just keep your mouth shout.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Since when is someone saying something you disagree with tantamount to trolling? Everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if i disagree with them. I happen to agree with ROM553, and i"m definitely not trolling. It's just an opinion that I share.

Thanks

[deleted]
Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

When you think you know bodybuilding but should really just keep your mouth shout.

Just say that you disagree with him. Otherwise, you're just insulting someone and that same insult could be leveled right back at you.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

'21. I hoping she was going to be bigger.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »