Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

What bodybuilders do you think had great physiques early in their careers?

Nov 30, 2022 - permalink

This might be a slippery slope, but we'll see how it goes. I'm not encouraging anyone to say, "such and such looked better before she got roided out!" I'm asking whose physique you liked even before they took it to the next level.

For example, I love Sarah Hayes and her ridiculously muscular frame later in her bodybuilding career. But I think she looked just as great in her early days before she bulked up.

Dec 01, 2022 - edited Dec 01, 2022 - permalink

First name that entered my mind was Christine Envall. Who I thought looked her best when she first started gaining a lot of attention for how big and bulky she was. Even when she was in contest shape it never felt like she lost that much size from her off-season shape. Her peak was definitely from late-90s to early 2000s.

But when she went from this.......

to this.......

It's just that that WOW factor felt gone. By the 2010s her legs no longer looked massive. Her back/lats didn't seem so wide anymore. She still had an impressive physique. But not the kind of physique that would rip your attention away from other FBBs the way it did earlier.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »