Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Which era do you think has the best looking female bodybuilders?

(305 total votes)

2020s (132, 43.3%)
90s (72, 23.6%)
80s (42, 13.8%)
2000s (32, 10.5%)
2010s (27, 8.9%)
Nov 29, 2022 - permalink

We're early into the 2020s, but I'll throw it in just because.

Nov 29, 2022 - permalink

It's hard to pick they all had good looking fbbs but i picked 2010/2020 because there is more variation now.

Nov 29, 2022 - permalink

I would say today's era. Not just female bodybuilders, but there are more muscular women than ever before, and there is such a variety of physiques for all kinds of strength sports.

Nov 29, 2022 - permalink

I would say today's era. Not just female bodybuilders, but there are more muscular women than ever before, and there is such a variety of physiques for all kinds of strength sports.

Ditto. Better hair, better everything, including a sense of balance.

Nov 29, 2022 - permalink

We are living at the Golden Age.

Nov 30, 2022 - permalink

To me it's absolutely incredible how many gorgeous women are seriously lifting weights now.

Nov 30, 2022 - permalink
Nov 30, 2022 - permalink

I’m kind of surprised that 2020s has so many votes, but Gatsby raises a good point. There’s so many muscular women nowadays. I can think of three ladies off the top of my head that are on par with the likes of Cory Everson or even Lenda Murray.

Nov 30, 2022 - permalink

All eras have beautiful FBBs, but for me the 90s will always be my favorite. Nothing beats the combination of muscularity and beauty on the following women: Laura Binetti, Christa Bauch, Laura Bass, Valerie Gangi, Lenda Murray, Yaxeni Oriquen, Kim Chizevsky, Annie Rivieccio, Denise Hoshor, Tina Lockwood, Sue Price, Colette Guimond, Judy Miller, Paula Suzuki.

Nov 30, 2022 - permalink

2000s: Brigita Brezovac, Collette Nelson, Elena Seiple, Marja Lehtonen, etc, etc.

Dec 01, 2022 - permalink

Now, because there are more than ever and they're hotter and bigger than ever. One exception though... the motherfucking TATTOOS..ugh.

Dec 01, 2022 - permalink

2020s for sure. The number of muscle women has exploded and they are all trying to get as big as possible now. Figure and Physique division girls have gotten huge compared what they were in the 2010s.

Dec 02, 2022 - permalink

Now, because there are more than ever and they're hotter and bigger than ever. One exception though... the motherfucking TATTOOS..ugh.

You are so right the tattoos are a scourge of the 2020's fit woman, they work so hard to build that muscle and you can't even see it under a sea of tats.

Dec 04, 2022 - edited Dec 05, 2022 - permalink

The late 90's brought us some incredibly beautiful and attractive female bodybuilders like Denise Hoshor, Brenda Raganot, and Michelle Ralabate. But the earlier 2000's and 2010's definitely had some absolute babes when it came to female bodybuilders. Cindy Phillips, Jennifer Broomfield, Colette Nelson, Lisa Bickels, Monica Mollica, Jodi Miller, Kim Kilper, Aleesha Young, Katka Kyptova.

Although aside from Dani Reardon and Rosanna Harte who are already retired, there's nobody really from the modern era of female bodybuilders that grabs my attention the way the likes of Cindy Phillips, Jennifer Broomfield, or Dani Reardon did. Just the gorgeous and kinky Shannon Seeley and that's it.

Dec 06, 2022 - edited Dec 06, 2022 - permalink

The best decade for female bodybuilding depends on whether you define bodybuilding more broadly to include all the divisions or limit it just to the Bodybuilding division itself.

If you mean the former, then this decade is the best era based on the sheer quantity and variety of high caliber women competing in Physique, Figure, Fitness, Wellness, and Bikini divisions, as well as the CrossFit athletes and endless number of fitness models on social media, many of whom would have easily beaten the female bodybuilders from the early 80s.

However, if you’re restricting it just to the Bodybuilding division, then the best decade would be the 90s, where you had the greatest number of physiques of comparable stature. Although you could argue that Lenda Murray dominated the decade based on all her Olympia wins, she received fierce competition from Linda Chizevsky, Laura Creavalle, Vickie Gates, Yolanda Hughes, Denise Rutkowski, and Lesa Lewis, just to name a few. The gap in quality among all these great competitors was extremely narrow.

Conversely, starting in the mid 2000s until just a few years ago, Iris Kyle was so completely dominant that it nearly ruined the division. I’m afraid that Andrea Shaw, much as I like her, could have that same effect for this decade.

Dec 06, 2022 - permalink

We are living at the Golden Age.

Agreed. Girls are bigger than ever on average. more and more girls want to be muscular nowadays.

Dec 06, 2022 - permalink

Yeah but the younger generation not all thank god are taking the wrong roids look at anastasia korobova,everyone can see she must be taking male hormones for the extra muscle size specially off season. Don't get me wrong i love muscular women of all sizes & thickness but what anastasia is taking should be outlawed.

Dec 06, 2022 - permalink

The 90s for me for sure. There were some really muscular women in that era, but also with classic model good looks.

Dec 06, 2022 - permalink

Yeah but the younger generation not all thank god are taking the wrong roids look at anastasia korobova,everyone can see she must be taking male hormones for the extra muscle size specially off season. Don't get me wrong i love muscular women of all sizes & thickness but what anastasia is taking should be outlawed.

Yeah, I mean look at all the ways it's hurting other people, right? 🙄

Dec 06, 2022 - permalink

100% it's frightening and should be stopped.

Dec 06, 2022 - permalink

The 90s

[deleted]
Dec 06, 2022 - permalink

Now - as mentioned by others , theres never been such a huge explosion.. from teens to grannies - with so much new tech/knowledge/drugs/divisions/social media ... its all come together .. few if any 90s fbbs have legs as big as Wellness - not backs to match Figure even.. there was some ripped condition in the past - but its all been learned, rebooted and magnified. The training knowledge alone is nind boggling, to even a decade ago. Glutes and back doubled. Gorgeous!

Dec 06, 2022 - permalink

Now - as mentioned by others , theres never been such a huge explosion.. from teens to grannies - with so much new tech/knowledge/drugs/divisions/social media ... its all come together .. few if any 90s fbbs have legs as big as Wellness - not backs to match Figure even.. there was some ripped condition in the past - but its all been learned, rebooted and magnified. The training knowledge alone is nind boggling, to even a decade ago. Glutes and back doubled. Gorgeous!

Sorry but I don't think this is true. Wellness competitors don't have bigger legs than this, figure girls don't come close.

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »