Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Why do people upload images and video with no name?

Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

I'm just curious why people do this. You know the first comment is going to be "Name???"

Tempp gets a pass because of the sheer volume he posts.

But everyone else. I don't get it. The image or video didn't fall out of the sky and land in your computer. It came from somewhere. If you know the name or even a screen name or IG, why don't you name it?

The one excuse I can understand is if you're worried that the socially inept shmoes and "bobs and vagene" guys are going to go to a girls IG and start making stupid comments and scare her off. That I definitely understand. But I doubt that is the reason for all or even most of the images and videos which are posted without a name.

What other reasons might I be missing? Aside from just laziness I guess...

cgsweat
Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

Many users who post nameless images pick them up from Reddit, Tumblr, etc. Names are rarely provided in those posts.

Some users upload old images from their hard drive, again where they don't know the name.

Some upload these images in hopes of finding a name.

And finally there are other users who will upload nameless images for bizarre reasons. "I'm protecting her identity" is the reason I've gotten from one particular user. I'm not sure there's enough mental gymnastics in the universe to try and understand that one...

Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

I have a lot of pictures on my hard drive that i downloaded from some obscure website years ago. and i don't know some of their names. and sometimes i just can't figure out how to spell their names.

Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

Sounds like something I did, hell I often don't even know the most names of my favorited girls even.

Might download a couple pics and video or two to my phone at work and be uploading hours later. Might have snagged a couple of this hottie that was nice enough to put her name of "Luz Elena Echeverria molina" in her insta, but the next picture might not even be posted from the girls own Instagram, or her only naming in her profile is "KBFit" or something like "윤서민 " and I'm not even sure if its a name, a website, or it says Gen Tso's Chicken.

I might have a folder on my computer I've been collect and meaning to upload, and by the time I do and our filters have bounced off/killed any that already exist, or whatever. Its already been hours, days, maybe weeks. I don't even know her name, but look she's smoking....plus there is at least 12 anal retentive people happy to argue back and forth over her name, proper spelling, etc. Why? Because its the internet that's why. Arguing online is what people do best and most, besides once we do get the right name, she will probably be blacklisted anyways and the filters will eat up the pics anyways.

Names help, but if you want real pain? See an image which you know 100% for sure you saw 47 pages ago, and have no freaking clue what her name and now your hunting to find it again to merge them, so someone is not crying that they didn't get credit....for posting someone elses picture......that someone else already posted.....Did I mention this is the internet?

Hope you brought your towel and please remember

Nov 16, 2022 - permalink

Don't forget-- there was a time, before Insta, when finding images of girls with muscle, or women flexing was like finding a treasure.

Here's an example:

Posted years ago. Still no name. I myself have posted a few images like this. They are mages I believe should be on this site, even though I don't have a name to go with the pic.

Such as:

And

Nov 16, 2022 - permalink

Pretty simple, you have images but have no idea what the source is so you hope someone else does. I try to help out and upload names on unknown ones if I do. Also, some images

Been having this since like 2015ish and have no idea who she is

Nov 16, 2022 - permalink

Another example:

Nov 18, 2022 - edited Nov 18, 2022 - permalink

Another example:

After a bit of searching, I found she is Karol Alves. She may be blacklisted here under a different name or may have just never been uploaded here.

Nov 18, 2022 - permalink

Thanks, Lobster!

cgsweat
Nov 18, 2022 - permalink

Another issue might be that the uploader knows her current name, but is unable to find her on the site because she might be listed here under a different (older) name.

Although in these cases it is preferred that the uploader still fills out the name field with the known name, or provide her name in the comments, rather than nothing at all.

Nov 18, 2022 - permalink

On a similar note, why are there so many people here who don't know how to capitalize a name? How hard is it to use a shift key? Or do they just not know what the shift key does? It's weird to me how often I see that.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »