Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

What style of video do you prefer?

What style of video do you prefer? (230 total votes)

Youtube-style - significantly longer (5 mins +) and cuts may or may not be as frequent (87, 37.8%)
Instagram-style - slightly longer clips (usually up to 1 minute) with fewer cuts (59, 25.7%)
Raw-footage - 100% uncut, varying in length... usually a bit lower in quality due to the lack of post-editing (51, 22.2%)
Paysite-quality - usually edited by a professional photographer, cuts vary but usually you get several 10-20 second segments w/o cuts (25, 10.9%)
Tiktok-style - short clips with several cuts (8, 3.5%)
cgsweat
Nov 11, 2022 - edited Nov 12, 2022 - permalink

Given that the age of the average GWM user is predominantly in their 20's, I'm curious as to what style of video is preferred on this site.

A "cut" is referring to each time the video "skips," where either the recording stopped/started again or a section of the original recording was cut in post-editing.

EDIT: Provided link to the "How old are you?" poll.

By the way, when I mentioned "10-20 second segments" under Paysite-quality, I didn't mean that was the entire length of the clip. I meant that usually there are several 10-20 sec. segments uninterrupted by cuts. Obviously clip length can vary depending on the site.

In case anyone misinterpreted my meaning.

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

I prefer longer videos because when i am admiring strong women. i don't want to spend more time looking for videos and clicking on them and waiting to load only for it to be a bad video. instead of just watching and relaxing.

another thing that i don't like is when they have very bad techno music playing instead of the original sound.

cgsweat
Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

I prefer longer videos because when i am admiring strong women. i don't want to spend more time looking for videos and clicking on them and waiting to load only for it to be a bad video. instead of just watching and relaxing.

another thing that i don't like is when they have very bad techno music playing instead of the original sound.

How old are you, may I ask?

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

I like a mixture but a good lengthy video is the best

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

How old are you, may I ask?

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

I'm old.

Give me 4-5 minutes and be interesting. Or, give me 1-2 minutes and be interesting. Or give me 3 minutes, or even 7-8 minutes and...be interesting.

I have a short attention span, but those 6-second tiktoks or "boomerang" things are 99% shit.

Be interesting. That is all.

cgsweat
Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

Tiktok ironically is the most popular platform but it ranks dead last here so far...

Interesting...

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

I don't think anyone wants to use tiktok for this even 18 year olds. but its where all the fbbs are most of them don't make longer videos on youtube that are worth watching because its not trendy anymore. you can only get stuff like that on paysites for most fbbs so people tolerate tiktok.

Nov 12, 2022 - permalink

Tiktok ironically is the most popular platform but it ranks dead last here so far...

Interesting...

I fear TikTok is the end of humanity.

Nov 12, 2022 - permalink

No one likes tiktok style.

No surprise.... btw. "youtube style" means landscape mode... :)

Nov 12, 2022 - permalink

I'd take youtube style all day everyday. I'd take less updates if we got a quality HD clip that's 5 mins or more.

IG style has some good stuff as well. But longer length is always prefered.

RAW footage is crap because it ends up be more filler than thriller.

Paysite style would be #1 but it just depends on who's doing the shooting and editing. It can be good or bad depending on personal taste.

Tiktok style is just pure shit. Plain and simple. It's treated like such a goddamn goofy format that it's actually turned me off of certain muscle ladies I would normally be into. And it's hilarious when some ladies update their OF page with a Tiktok style clip and have the nerve to try to charge subscribers for it likes it's good quality content. GTFOH!

Nov 12, 2022 - edited Nov 12, 2022 - permalink

Longer does not always = better value if the clip is not interesting. I understand that my personal threshold for interesting is not that of the average media consumer.

But I'm glad the consensus here is that TikTok is shit.

Nov 12, 2022 - permalink

100% true - same here

Nov 12, 2022 - permalink

I'm old.

Give me 4-5 minutes and be interesting. Or, give me 1-2 minutes and be interesting. Or give me 3 minutes, or even 7-8 minutes and...be interesting.

I have a short attention span, but those 6-second tiktoks or "boomerang" things are 99% shit.

Be interesting. That is all.

I hate boomerang and that's still an understatement. "Boomerang" will be the end Western civilization—Mark my words!

cgsweat
Nov 12, 2022 - edited Nov 12, 2022 - permalink
copied to original post

By the way, when I mentioned "10-20 second segments" under Paysite-quality, I didn't mean that was the entire length of the clip. I meant that usually there are several 10-20 sec. segments uninterrupted by cuts. Obviously clip length can vary depending on the site.

In case anyone misinterpreted my meaning.

Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

I like videos with sustained shots and strongly dislike quick cuts. I'm a big fan of wrestling clips and mature women (I'm 49). Thanks for all your work to make this site work,cg!

Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

Ijecting videos are soo good and talking videos

Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

What are Ijecting videos Google gives nothing.

Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

Simple video without stupid titling camera angles or wacky editing effects, rapid scene cuts and music dubbed in.

Just give me raw 4K video please with the camera level and horizontal. Zooming is is great, but don't stay zoomed in the entire time. Don't wander all other the fucking place. Let me see what I'm trying to look at.

Basically, stop trying to be "creative" and make a music video. This isn't MTV. Just show us a good, clear, steady view of what we came to see. Why is that so hard for so many?

Nov 14, 2022 - edited Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

Agree with hedgeborn. I'm a big music fan but for some odd reason music in muscle videos is THE absolute turn-off. Give us the original sound without editing, and obviously when the girl is talking a bit that's usually a major ++.

cgsweat
Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

Yeah I wouldn't mind if there's music in general, but it needs to be in the background (lowered volume) and with the original audio in the foreground (at its original volume).

Since most of these paysite vids tend to just play music pretty loudly through the entire video, including when she's talking, I just keep the volume muted by default.

Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

Agree with hedgeborn. I'm a big music fan but for some odd reason music in muscle videos in THE absolute turn-off. Give us the original sound without editing, and obviously when the girl is talking a bit that's usually a major ++.

Me2. Fits especially to workout clips, which are my favorite female muscle display. Please these only with original audio.

For posing clips music is fine for me, though.

On the topic of perspective: please do not only record from below. I also would like to look straight at what is to see, without being forced too long to watch a sometimes misleading perspective.

Nov 14, 2022 - permalink

Me2. Fits especially to workout clips, which are my favorite female muscle display. Please these only with original audio.

For posing clips music is fine for me, though.

On the topic of perspective: please do not only record from below. I also would like to look straight at what is to see, without being forced too long to watch a sometimes misleading perspective.

My biggest problém with the music is that the music is usually very shitty dubstep or techno or mumble rap. if it was something good i wouldn't mind it. but for some reason that music is very popular.

Nov 15, 2022 - permalink

What are Ijecting videos Google gives nothing.

they are too secreet but some girls have and they are amazing

Nov 16, 2022 - permalink

yes

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »