Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

How private or public are you about your admiration of muscular women?

Nov 08, 2022 - permalink

I don't insert my attraction towards muscular women into random conversations or what have you, but I am pretty open about my attraction toward muscular women. I am a CrossFitter and am around other CrossFitters quite a bit, and I'll express admiration for athletes, both men and women, and if someone asks me if I find strong women and muscles attractive, I'll say that I do. My girlfriend also is aware (and is a CrossFitter as well,) and she joked if I needed to be alone when she saw the thumbnail for the Sally McNeil documentary on Netflix. Also, I follow a lot of muscular women and women athletes (mostly powerlifters and CrossFitters) on Instagram, so I'm sure anyone looking can put two and two together.

I think there should be another option for those that have not told even their sexual partners, like me

That sounds awful. Why not be open with her? Or date a woman who lifts to begin with?

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

I think there should be another option for those that have not told even their sexual partners, like me

...Wow, that sounds terrible. I was in your shoes years ago but since I always gravitated to females with some muscle, eventually it was impossible to hide. More than one woman thought it was very weird that I paid so much attention to a muscularly developed body part. After that, I just came right out and told them how hot it was for a woman to be buffed. A good friend of mine on this site, he knows who I'm referring to, also guided me. I found it fascinating, that a woman with well developed muscles, can get very turned on watching me go crazy, over what she worked so hard for. Armed with this knowledge years ago would have made my life so much more enjoyable. There is no way I could ever hide the effect a woman's muscles has on me. 👍🥰🔥

fp909
Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

I don't insert my attraction towards muscular women into random conversations or what have you, but I am pretty open about my attraction toward muscular women. I am a CrossFitter and am around other CrossFitters quite a bit, and I'll express admiration for athletes, both men and women, and if someone asks me if I find strong women and muscles attractive, I'll say that I do. My girlfriend also is aware (and is a CrossFitter as well,) and she joked if I needed to be alone when she saw the thumbnail for the Sally McNeil documentary on Netflix. Also, I follow a lot of muscular women and women athletes (mostly powerlifters and CrossFitters) on Instagram, so I'm sure anyone looking can put two and two together.

living my dream here

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

I have always support women's bodybuilding everybody that knows me knows it. Hey there athletes and not freaks as narrow minded people would say. People hate what they don't understand.

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

I have always support women's bodybuilding everybody that knows me knows it.

That's nice.

Hey there athletes and not freaks as narrow minded people would say. People hate what they don't understand.

Athlete means "one who contends for a prize (usually in something requiring agility and strength)". I don't think there's anything laudable in being an athlete per se, because it simply means that you compete publicly. And by the usual definition, bodybuilders aren't exactly athletes, unless they are judged by their ability to do gymnastics and feats of strength. Powerlifters, crossfitters, armwrestlers and weightlifters are.

There are three relevant definitions for freak, namely "a markedly unusual or irregular thing or event", "something abnormally formed and usually regarded as curiosity" and "an eccentric or nonconformist person that is often a member of some subculture". So by the very definition of the word it would seem that bodybuilders are freaks. The only reason to avoid the word would be that it's also used as an insult. But by definition it isn't false.

Seems like a narrow mind uses words in their proper meanings, while a broad mind thinks that words are just feelings.

Hate is like sexism and racism. It's extremely rare in reality compared to how often it is talked about. Dislike is far more common. And people also dislike things and disagree with choices they do understand.

Nov 09, 2022 - edited Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

This is an interesting thread!

Many years ago I worked as a copywriter at an ad agency and made friends with an art director, a man some years older than myself.

In the course of our many conversations, it came out that we both were besotted with girls with BIG natural breasts -- DD and larger.

Eventually -- I think he broached the subject -- we admitted to each other that we were also turned on by extremely muscular women.

Back then -- in the seventies -- muscular women were pretty rare. Lady gymnasts, track stars, dancers, and aerialists were the prime examples.

Then women's bodybuilding became a thing, and WPW was a publication the two of us looked forward to with the greatest interest.

My dear friend passed away a few years back, and how I miss our conversations on this subject!

Though I usually confess to liking fit women if the topic comes up in random conversation, I have never revealed the depths of my enthusiasm for muscular women to anyone else.

Even though I'm about to turn 70, muscular women still get my old heart pumping, and I visit this site several times a day to download the latest photos for my collection (13,555 images as of this counting!)

I'm just sorry that I seldom see such fit women anywhere else but here...

Nov 09, 2022 - edited Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

@HiHat...people of your age, myself included, grew up in an era where girls with muscle were often teased and ridiculed. They were also very rare. The negative way that society thought of muscular females made it nearly impossible for us to come out and say we thought they were sexy. It's probably similar to how a gay person hid their preferences back then. Afraid of the ridicule. Well, now they can openly state their sexual preferences and maybe many of us can finally voice our adoration for fit, muscular, females as well. I left you a private message.

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

There seem to be quite a few closet muscle admirers; judging by the responses. I wonder, does it make more 'spicy' for people to have a secret fetish; or are people embarrassed?

Most of our lives, we've been told that women must be sweet, fragile little things (Women Know Your Limits - anyone?)...but some of us adore the more Laecadaemonian (Spartan) ideal of athletic women. Definitely all of us on the GWM site.

PS. I hate that I have to say this, but people can be fragile - this is NOT an attack, just an observation.

Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

There seem to be quite a few closet muscle admirers; judging by the responses. I wonder, does it make more 'spicy' for people to have a secret fetish; or are people embarrassed?

Most of our lives, we've been told that women must be sweet, fragile little things

@BuffBabesRule...speaking for myself, being 69 years old, the society I grew up in had disdain for muscular women. My mom destroyed my secret stash of muscle girl, circus trapeze lady, photos from magazines, when I was about 12 years old, in the mid 1960s. She called them manly and ugly. She even had my sister cover her arms because they were muscular. It takes awhile to recover from that.

Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

I’m pretty open about it with my family and friends. I have posters and autographed photos on my walls and I wear my two Wings of Strength shirts regularly. One is just the logo, so it probably doesn’t count, but the other has a silhouette of Alina Popa. I’m eagerly awaiting the shirt I ordered from Chelsea Dion too.

fp909
Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

@HiHat...people of your age, myself included, grew up in an era where girls with muscle were often teased and ridiculed. They were also very rare. The negative way that society thought of muscular females made it nearly impossible for us to come out and say we thought they were sexy. It's probably similar to how a gay person hid their preferences back then. Afraid of the ridicule. Well, now they can openly state their sexual preferences and maybe many of us can finally voice our adoration for fit, muscular, females as well. I left you a private message.

im not quite in my mid 30s and it was basically like that until the late aughts. its amazing how its turnd around and people (a lot of young men and teens included) are publicly posting that they love fit women. it may not be a fetish for them but its certainly a nice change from before

Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

I get it guys. I'm 47 myself and grew up in a time when skinny girls were the only form of attractive.

But, I am now very open with my attraction now. Not that I run around with GWM t-shirts, nor do I live in my gym gear and hang out at gyms all day. But, I do happily encourage my lady to show off her crossfit shoulders, glutes l, and four pack whenever she wants.

GWM's rock.

Nov 10, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

What did you write Damage?!

Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

I never told anyone, basically, because it's the weirdest thing right. Why muscular girls. Why just a bicep>. Anyway no one wants to hear it. No one cares. I worked with a guy, he was native american, and he was attracted as we are to ripped girls he had that for really old women. Like the older the better . 86 - 90. It was more fascinating to me I guess. I never made fun of him. Everyone has their weird shit. Ever date a girl that was into assholes. Like she wants to tongue fuck your ass. She loves it?? But it's just gross you can't let her do it. Naturally a fight ensues. But why did she like that? And she says you're odd for not liking that. To me it feels exactly like when one is abducted by aliens and molested. It's an alien inspection.

Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

Athlete means "one who contends for a prize (usually in something requiring agility and strength)". I don't think there's anything laudable in being an athlete per se, because it simply means that you compete publicly.

In a certain way I was wrong here. Saying this because this is relevant for the question as a whole.

Public competitions are a form of entertainment. The empires of antiquity valued their entertainers highly, just like the modern society does. A society values its priesthood. And priesthood is those people who represent what everyone or the society in general aspires to. In case of the modern West, to be rich, famous, popular, eccentric and celebrated.

So the complaint here is that a celebrity of a subculture is not a celebrity for the general population. But the immaterial thing that is valued remains the same.

Unless behind all money, popularity and eccentricity is simply pleasure. In this case people are wary of bodybuilding for the same reason they're wary of drugs. They're afraid the pleasure would be too much for them to handle and could enslave them. There actually is something similar in confessing to drugs as in confessing to female muscle. An outsider sees both as a source of powerful and dangerous pleasure.

To me it feels exactly like when one is abducted by aliens and molested.

Yeah. To think of all those who miss out on being molested by aliens.

[deleted]
Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

When I was a kid my mom used to catch me reading Muscle & Fitness magazines at the grocery store while she was shopping, and my immediate family has seen evidence of my love for muscular women, so I'm sure that they know, but we've never discussed it.

I don't share my sexual preferences with people unless they directly ask, and then I'll say the features that I like, which include muscularity. Sometimes I'll just say, "I like buff chicks." I've found that most people don't think of Ms. Olympia level muscular women when I say this, but I do include that level in my sphere of attraction.

Most of my ex-girlfriends know about my love of muscular women, which was fine with them since many of them are muscular. I've dated many non-muscular women, too, as muscularity is not the only thing that attracts me to a woman.

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

I never told anyone, basically, because it's the weirdest thing right. Why muscular girls. Why just a bicep>. Anyway no one wants to hear it. No one cares. I worked with a guy, he was native american, and he was attracted as we are to ripped girls he had that for really old women. Like the older the better . 86 - 90. It was more fascinating to me I guess. I never made fun of him. Everyone has their weird shit. Ever date a girl that was into assholes. Like she wants to tongue fuck your ass. She loves it?? But it's just gross you can't let her do it. Naturally a fight ensues. But why did she like that? And she says you're odd for not liking that. To me it feels exactly like when one is abducted by aliens and molested. It's an alien inspection.

"I watched a snail crawling along the edge of a straight razor."

You brought a fresh perspective, similar to your namesake. Hahaha, your Native-American friend...that would be...extremely challenging...without breaking her.

Yes to the tongue thing - have 'seen' (wouldn't call it dating) someone just like that.

Everyone has their kinks, one of mine is feminine muscle. I don't like super-jacked borderline men - that's hugely gross in my eyes (opinion not an attack), but love a more-than-toned gym girl like Camille LeBlanc-Bazinet, Deborah Fleming or Karina Gibi.

NB: It's really interesting to see the number of comments about judgemental parents/family, and the impact it has had on the way GWM attraction has grown. Someone with more psych background than me could have a field day.

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

Like many responses in this thread, I don’t loudly advertise my preference for buff women. However, if asked or if the topic comes up in conversation, I will always admit my preference for buff and athletic women. My partner and I work out regularly. She loves to show off her toned arms and physique so our friends are quite aware. We are also middle aged and the difference between my partner and I and our peers is rather noticeable. It goes beyond vanity, our friends and family are in worse health and aging more rapidly. Now, I do not really find the hulking borderline women, overly tattooed or women with obvious sides attractive at all. Maybe if I did, I would be even more private about my preferences. Generally, I think society is embracing athletic women but the very large, roided types are still at the fringes.

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

I've only ever discussed my kinks with sexual partners, but friends and family have noticed my "type". Funny (or sad) thing is that instead of noticing that they tend to be big/athletic/strong is that they noticed a lot of them have brown skin (I'm white)

Jan 23, 2023 - permalink

I don't hide it but I don't volunteer the information either. If it never comes up I'm perfectly fine with that. But if it did I'd give my honest opinion.

💯

Jan 23, 2023 - permalink

None of the options apply to me, because I haven't told anybody about it. Not even my sexual partner because I don't have one.

sane here

« first < prev Page 2 of 4 next > last »