Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

WOS IG post

Oct 22, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Chainer
Oct 22, 2022 - permalink

So I just saw this thread for the first time and after having read it I am going to lock it, let me explain why.

Let me preface my reasoning with this: I hadn't heard of Stephanie before this, and all I know about the situation is what I've read in this thread and in the few links at the start that I followed.

My reasoning is this: More so than others in this thread, apparently, I think that if you're going to deprive someone of their livelihood (pulling their sponsors, getting them fired from a job, etc.) then you had better be absolutely sure that you're completely in the right, meaning that you know all the facts, and your target most definitively 100% deserves the extra comeuppance on top of consequences they have already faced, etc.

And, well... I just don't trust myself to make that judgment, not really in most reasonable scenarios I can think of, and also not in this one. To me it would basically amount to playing God, saying "Yes, I know all and judge you to have your career ruined."

And by extension I don't want my platform to be used for that, either. I am not deleting this thread so that others who come along later can read what has been said and judge for themselves. But if you are so sure that she deserves it (and hey, you might be right, I don't know) then please continue canceling her somewhere else.

Thread locked by Chainer.
« first < prev Page 5 of 5 next > last »