Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Comments saying “she doesn’t have any muscle”

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

Anyone else roll their eyes and get a little annoyed when someone comments on a picture of maybe a celebrity or an athlete like soccer player or something and says, “she doesn’t have any muscle.”

Obviously it’s not the kind of muscle a professional bodybuilder has, and I’m someone who loves the mass monsters. But having a little definition with a small bicep peak or something is still better than 95% of women in the world. There is a middle ground between completely out of shape and extremely muscular and shredded.

My wife’s a good example. She’s definitely not a bodybuilder but she’s way more muscular than the average woman. Someone who’s into female bodybuilders would say “yeah she’s maybe got some potential.” But the average guy or woman would probably think she’s really muscular when she walks by.

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

Absolutely! I think we're so blessed on this site that we really lose perspective for what counts as "muscular." And not everybody has the same tastes - so if somebody's not to your liking, you can click away and find somebody else who is!

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

This site has spoiled us. I remember the time when there was no gwm. I used to get excited just by seeing pics of fit women. Now she has to be a huge bodybuilder just to get me to notice

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

Yea even women with minor muscle are very rare and I'm not strong by male standards so I'm sure they can defeat me with ease

and looks are not everything i have seen some crazy feats of strength from women who look only slightly above average.

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

Absolutely! I think we're so blessed on this site that we really lose perspective for what counts as "muscular." And not everybody has the same tastes - so if somebody's not to your liking, you can click away and find somebody else who is!

It also annoys me a bit because I think a lot of the guys here who say things like that are usually dudes who don’t train themselves, and as a result don’t realize just how hard it is and how much work it takes to build muscle, especially as a woman, and how much harder it is if they’re doing it without PEDs (along with what’s achievable naturally.) I know way too many guys who think they can get their wives to look like Dana Linn Bailey or Ida Bergforth if they can just convince them to start lifting a bit.

M76
Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

Well, I Don't care about images with little musuclarity as I don't click on them, but I do raise my eyebrows when some pics gets on the high score section with very bad silicone / muscle ratio. I begin to wonder if you guys rate the pics on muscle definition or simply dudebro style on enermous fake tits and eyelash extensions.

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

Well, I Don't care about images with little musuclarity as I don't click on them, but I do raise my eyebrows when some pics gets on the high score section with very bad silicone / muscle ratio. I begin to wonder if you guys rate the pics on muscle definition or simply dudebro style on enermous fake tits and eyelash extensions.

Word. It's also not like the internet isn't filled with no-muscle celebs (excuse me, "moderately toned" ) so why junk up this site with no-muscle spam?

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

Its even more annoying when commenters whine about a woman having 'no muscle' when actually she clearly does have muscle- sometimes quite large muscles- but hasnt focused on cutting bodyfat in their training. Like Gatsby said, I think these comments are usually from guys who have no real experience in physical training and are just completely clueless about what they're looking at.

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

Ah yes. Here, if she's not 100% roided or builded like man (and talking like a man), that's mean "she's not muscular". "Fit or toned doesn't mean she's powerful or has muscles". Jeez, I hate those comments too

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

Ah yes. Here, if she's not 100% roided or builded like man (and talking like a man), that's mean "she's not muscular". "Fit or toned doesn't mean she's powerful or has muscles". Jeez, I hate those comments too

I don't think that's true. There's a wide range of girls on this site. HOWEVER more and more there are pictures seeping in that push the lower boundaries. https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/1871004/

In this picture there's little muscle visible OR implied. To call Christina ATHLETIC is a stretch.

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

Word. It's also not like the internet isn't filled with no-muscle celebs (excuse me, "moderately toned" ) so why junk up this site with no-muscle spam?

We seem to be visiting two entirely different sites, have you any indication for this site being "junk[ed] up ... with non-muscle spam"?

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

It also annoys me a bit because I think a lot of the guys here who say things like that are usually dudes who don’t train themselves, and as a result don’t realize just how hard it is and how much work it takes to build muscle, especially as a woman, and how much harder it is if they’re doing it without PEDs (along with what’s achievable naturally.) I know way too many guys who think they can get their wives to look like Dana Linn Bailey or Ida Bergforth if they can just convince them to start lifting a bit.

Indeed. Comments of this kind usually come from people whose standards have been warped entirely by the "natural" physiques displayed on social media and the like. They think the average Crossfitter is representative of the level of muscularity naturally achievable by females, and compared to those physiques, the amount of muscle displayed by an actually natural celebrity or actress then is perceived as "unimpressive."

M76
Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

Gotta love the projection that if you complain about little visible muscularity on a site dedicated to visible muscularity then you "must have never worked out" First off, not relevant to the point at all.

Second: I'd say it's the exact opposite, people who try to imply that getting toned is some otherworldy feat are either gaslighting or they are the one who don't know what they are talking about. Just as bad as the guys who think every woman with visible muscularity must take steroids.

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

We seem to be visiting two entirely different sites, have you any indication for this site being "junk[ed] up ... with non-muscle spam"?

The photo above your comment is an excellent example. I'm not about to comb through 4,000,000,000 photos, but others exist. It's not a huge problem, but the phenomenon exists.

Oct 04, 2022 - edited Oct 05, 2022 - permalink

There are some pics here - very few like 2- where the girl has zero muscle. Ps i went back and checked and the moderators removed the pics because they had zero muscle. None.

Oct 04, 2022 - permalink

The photo above your comment is an excellent example. I'm not about to comb through 4,000,000,000 photos, but others exist. It's not a huge problem, but the phenomenon exists.

Well, I can now refer to the dozens of pictures of incredibly muscular women that have been posted since that one example … Your outburst thus remains an unsubstantiated claim and we can go back to the topic at hand: Users shouldn’t be dicks in the comment sections of girls who don’t meet their kink’s threshold.

Oct 04, 2022 - edited Oct 05, 2022 - permalink

I don't think that's true. There's a wide range of girls on this site. HOWEVER more and more there are pictures seeping in that push the lower boundaries. https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/1871004/

In this picture there's little muscle visible OR implied. To call Christina ATHLETIC is a stretch.

Then check here and see what happends when the girl don't have "enough" muscles. I have few pics with similar insults, disrespect, ect... Sometimes I understand why severals women don't wants to have their names involved with GWM and ask to be removed

Oct 05, 2022 - permalink

Then check here and see what happends when the girl don't have "enough" muscles. I have few pics with similar insults, disrespect, ect... Sometimes I understand why severals women don't wants to have their names involved with GWM and ask to be removed

It's so weird because to me, this is the last site on earth that would have body shaming of this kind. But then again you have all the people on this site who hate tattoos lol.

Oct 05, 2022 - permalink

When a girl on this site doesn't seem to have more muscle than the average, I tend to ignore her too. I can just as well look somewhere else for girls in that case. I also have the 'rule': the less muscle they have, the prettier they should be. And yes, you get very spoiled on this site.

Oct 05, 2022 - edited Oct 05, 2022 - permalink

Again that would be my point. If you like her that's great and I mean no disrespect but on this site she would be considered towards the low end of the scale. I think your feelings were hurt after you posted some of your pictures, however your initial comment stated "if she's not 100% roided or builded like man (and talking like a man), that's mean "she's not muscular". Simply isn't true. This site has a ton of fitness, physique and FBB pictures. Hundreds of thousands to choose from.

From what I see when people post pictures UNDER that bar line they're taking their chances around here.

Oct 05, 2022 - permalink

Again that would be my point. If you like her that's great and I mean no disrespect but on this site she would be considered towards the low end of the scale. I think your feelings were hurt after you posted some of your pictures, however your initial comment stated "if she's not 100% roided or builded like man (and talking like a man), that's mean "she's not muscular". Simply isn't true. This site has a ton of fitness, physique and FBB pictures. Hundreds of thousands to choose from.

From what I see when people post pictures UNDER that bar line they're taking their chances around here.

The thing is, she is a GWM. Schmoes claiming she doesn’t have muscle or that she is fat really come off as sounding dumb, ignorant or have a perspective that is severely warped.

And I’m also pretty confident she has more muscle and better fitness than the vast majority of dudes here.

Oct 05, 2022 - permalink

The thing is, she is a GWM. Schmoes claiming she doesn’t have muscle or that she is fat really come off as sounding dumb, ignorant or have a perspective that is severely warped.

And I’m also pretty confident she has more muscle and better fitness than the vast majority of dudes here.

🤔........... 😂🤣

Oct 06, 2022 - edited Oct 06, 2022 - permalink

Can we include a category for just "waste of bandwidth"? By virtue of her 19 pages of results, I feel like Alessandra Alvez is solidly a girl-with-muscle. But with 19 pages of photos, what value does this photo add? I might as well post a photo of the outside of a gym and say "bound to be girls with muscle behind these walls!" For cripes sake, it looks like her mom broke a leg and they're waiting for the orthopedic follow up appointment!? Who needs this shot?

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/full/1...

Oct 06, 2022 - permalink

Eh.. She's definitely NOT fat. I'd characterize her as "normal". She has a normal healthy level of body fat. But does she make sense to be on this site? It's not my call, but she doesn't look any more muscular to me than a girl who doesn't workout at all. In fact I've met girls with more muscle than this who've never lifted a dumbbell in their lives. So I'd say no. I think she's attractive and if I ran into her in real life I'd be interested.

But is she the kind of woman I come to THIS site to see? No, not even close. I don't need them to be 0% body fat bodybuilders, but I do come here looking for girls with noticeably more muscle than average. This, is not that. I would hope our standards would be higher than just having any kind visible biceps when you flex.

Oct 06, 2022 - permalink

It’s very often warranted when those comments get made. People report images for really dumb reasons, but a girl not having muscle on girlswithmuscle is legit.

« first < prev Page 1 of 3 next > last »